Even Odell Beckham’s mentor is turning on him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Odell Beckham’s mentor is turning on him

"It’s tough to find a fall guy when Instagram is involved.

Hall of Fame receiver and Odell Beckham’s mentor Cris Carter said he was “disgusted” with the Giants star on Monday morning, days after a video surfaced of him in bed with a French model, a brown cigarette and a white powder.

“I’m so disappointed and I expect better from him,” Carter said on his Fox Sports show, “First Things First.”"

"It’s enough with the excuses. Time for you to grow up and stop being a little boy. If you want to be a national brand, damn act like it. If you want someone to pay you as the highest-paid receiver in the history of the game, damn act like it. Enough is enough. I’m sick of talking about him and the negative aspects. I can’t talk about him and his releases. I can’t talk about him catching the ball in traffic. Why? Because of this? This matters. Your image in sports will always matter. And you are in sports. You are not some rapper.”"

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/even-o...urning-on-him/
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Trade him for picks before his value drops to "0".
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
      if he comes back healthy his value will be incredible. Trading him now would be premature
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
        +1, Giant Pride my A_S, kudo's to HOF Cris Carter, who faced his demons head on, Buddy Ryan gave him a second chance @ life...under the excuse "well, he didn't really like going across the middle..." when traded to the Vikings

Comment

Let him play out his final yr & w/o drama. Then the Giants F/O can see if he's worth re-signing or not. Franchise tag his butt in 19'-20' if need be. Then we'll see if anyone wants to give a long term $20 mil a yr contract to a WR in his late 20s. This guy has become the supreme diva of NFL WRs imo. Shame these WRs don't try emulating Larry Fitzgerald, wish the Giants had 25 players like him.

Comment

Comment

Everytime a Giants player gets caught doing dirt, this song starts playing..
              Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Everytime a Giants player gets caught doing dirt, this song starts playing..
                That's the Giant's decision makers, Mara, Reese and MacDoo!

Comment

I don't blame Carter for being ticked at Odell. Odell has to start making better decisions if he wants to get his payday and keep getting endorsement deals. I'm not on the trade Odell bandwagon, but the Giants should make it clear to him that the video is another reason why they won't be discussing any long-term deal with him this season and that if he wants to sit out OTA's. training camp and pre-season he's just wasting his time.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X