Breaking Bad Season 5.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I watched the episode titled "Fly" the other night. One of my favorite episodes. Question:

What do you think the fly (aka the contamination) symbolizes?

I think it symbolizes the consequences of WW's decision. Everything he has done has sunk him and his family deeper into danger/ contamination. The consequences appears to be minor-as small as a fly- and easy to deal with and swat away. But just like the way another fly appeared at the end of the episode, when you make bad decisions and you don't deal with them right that fly comes back threatening to contaminate the things you have cooking.
    Nice to see some BB fans here - greatest show everrrrr!

I've been catching up and re watching on train rides to and from work - just saw The Fly again not too long ago. For me the fly comes at a point where Walt finally realizes he's lost control, does NOT call the shots and beyond his abilities to do anything about... its been heading in that direction but he doesn't realize it till he's already underwater and his family is now affected.

He realizes he's got to regain control of everything, and he will, just have to deal with this little pesky mother****ing fly first....because as far as anything else he has no f-ing clue.

Prediction - show ends with the meth lab in the basement of the car wash... but more than likely there is no basement in ANY car wash so nevermind.

Gatorade me...*****!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
      Nice to see some BB fans here - greatest show everrrrr!

I've been catching up and re watching on train rides to and from work - just saw The Fly again not too long ago. For me the fly comes at a point where Walt finally realizes he's lost control, does NOT call the shots and beyond his abilities to do anything about... its been heading in that direction but he doesn't realize it till he's already underwater and his family is now affected.

He realizes he's got to regain control of everything, and he will, just have to deal with this little pesky mother****ing fly first....because as far as anything else he has no f-ing clue.

Prediction - show ends with the meth lab in the basement of the car wash... but more than likely there is no basement in ANY car wash so nevermind.

Gatorade me...*****!
      Interesting. I get that this a time when WW realizes that he is out of control and doesn't call the shots. But after Jesse kills the fly (interesting that WW calls out the fly/contamination, but Jesse kills it), why does another fly shows up at the end. Killing the fly would mean WW is back in control according to your theory.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. But Gilligan is big on symbolism and deeper meanings than just what you see on the surface.

For ex., I still don't know what that pink, half burned stuff animal that fell from the airplane explosion means. It's got to mean more than just a casualty from a plane crash. They spent so much time showing it to us.

Comment

Interesting. I get that this a time when WW realizes that he is out of control and doesn't call the shots. But after Jesse kills the fly (interesting that WW calls out the fly/contamination, but Jesse kills it), why does another fly shows up at the end. Killing the fly would mean WW is back in control according to your theory.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. But Gilligan is big on symbolism and deeper meanings than just what you see on the surface.

For ex., I still don't know what that pink, half burned stuff animal that fell from the airplane explosion means. It's got to mean more than just a casualty from a plane crash. They spent so much time showing it to us.
        Have you ever noticed the similarity in scenes when you first see the bear in the pool, then it pans around slowly to the damaged/burned side to when Gus meets his demise... you see his good side, wonder if anything happened then it pans around the same way to that same side of his face?

Comment

Have you ever noticed the similarity in scenes when you first see the bear in the pool, then it pans around slowly to the damaged/burned side to when Gus meets his demise... you see his good side, wonder if anything happened then it pans around the same way to that same side of his face?
          Ahhhhh.....I see.

When the dolls fell from the plane into WW's pool, WW was wearing a pink sweater and shirt. I thought the doll related to him somehow.

Comment

Gotta put Mad Men somewhere on that list too.
            no Sons of Anarchy?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
              no Sons of Anarchy?
              I've never seen the show. What's it about?

Comment

Motorcycle gang - with Hellboy as their leader, enjoyable.

Comment

Its the biker gang version of Sopranos. By far the best show on TV. Breaking Bad a close 2nd imo.

Comment

This show is off the ****ing hook!!! I cannot wait and the trailers are making me go insane!!

Comment

TMRW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :] CAN'T WAIT
                      ALL IN! NYG

Comment

I cannot wait!!! It's one of the few things I actually watch on normal TV.
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Motorcycle gang - with Hellboy as their leader, enjoyable.
                          Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                          Its the biker gang version of Sopranos. By far the best show on TV. Breaking Bad a close 2nd imo.
                          I'll make it a point to check it out. I'll rent season 1. What channel does it come on?

Comment

Sons of anarchy is decent, fell off for a little though

Comment

Who washes a rental car?

Comment

"If you don't know who I am then the best course might be to tread lightly....."

That's it! War has been declared; a line has been drawn in the sand; Walt vs. Hank!

I have to say that opening sequence with WW in disguise going back to his home that was at that point boarded up and abandoned was eerie! There was a few slow moments, but overall it was an excellent episode. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Comment

Working...
                                X