Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, what has Odell done for so many people to hate him and want him traded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seriously, what has Odell done for so many people to hate him and want him traded?

    Cons
    ---------
    1. Fight with Josh Norman. Norman started the whole thing, but Odell could have just let it go.
    2. Pushed a sideline net and it pushed back
    3. Huffed and puffed a few times on the sideline
    4. Bad playoff game against Green Bay.
    5. Went to a boat party on day off, days before playoff game. (Sheppard and Cruz were there as well)
    6. Recent video, though no proof he actually did anything wrong
    7. I don't consider this a con, but some do. He wants a new contract. So did Strahan, Osi and Plex. Strahan and Plex threatened to hold out
    8. Can be very immature at times
    9. Imitated a dog pissing. I myself didn't like that.

    Pros
    ----------
    1. Never been arrested
    2. Never caught with an illegal firearm
    3. Never caught selling drugs
    4. Never failed a drug test
    5. Never caught cheating
    6. Never caught steeling
    7. Never assaulted anyone
    8. Never fought or publically argued with his teammates
    9. Never fought or publically argued with his coaches
    10. Never been a locker room problem
    11. Never threw any team member under the bus
    12. Never shot himself in the leg
    13. Didn't blow off 3 fingers playing with fireworks
    14. Never pulled over for driving under the influence
    15. Giants would have had no offense to speak if it wasn't for him since the day he was drafted.

    I still believe he'll mature in time. He's not a bad person in any way. Some people love drama on this board, and they can't live without it, so my question is really for the reasonable posters here. I say keep the man, but no way does he get 20 million a year. 17-18 million sounds about right.
    Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 03-26-2018, 08:54 PM.

  • #2
    Love this post. Can anybody imagine the headlines they would have caused at 25-26 with a few mil in your pocket and being famous ? I would have made Billy Martin look like a choir boy.

    There are so many people in the nfl that have done things that have hurt people and their still making big money. T. O. was a looney but he was always a good citizen. And Odel is nowhere as disruptive as he was.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
      Love this post. Can anybody imagine the headlines they would have caused at 25-26 with a few mil in your pocket and being famous ? I would have made Billy Martin look like a choir boy.

      There are so many people in the nfl that have done things that have hurt people and their still making big money. T. O. was a looney but he was always a good citizen. And Odel is nowhere as disruptive as he was.
      He's committed no act that should result in him being traded. There are a lot of hypocrites who love to points fingers, because they'll have you believe that they never did something stupid when they were young.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing. I just think he should honor his contract, prove his worth, health and maturity and the extension will logically follow.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

          He's committed no act that should result in him being traded. There are a lot of hypocrites who love to points fingers, because they'll have you believe that they never did something stupid when they were young.
          You are not gonna convince some posters here when it comes to Odell. Their mind is already made up and want him gone no matter what good things he did for this giants organization and community. It is what it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Because they’re idiots..

            Name a fan base that hates their best player? I’ll name you one, the NY Giants and their get off my lawn fans.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

              You are not gonna convince some posters here when it comes to Odell. Their mind is already made up and want him gone no matter what good things he did for this giants organization and community. It is what it is.
              It amazes me that people don't want this guy back after seeing the offense function without him for most of the year. He is more additive to an offense than just about any skill player in the league I can think of.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

                He's committed no act that should result in him being traded. There are a lot of hypocrites who love to points fingers, because they'll have you believe that they never did something stupid when they were young.
                I agree. I love watching him play for us. Hope he does it for a long time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by primetime View Post
                  Because they’re idiots..

                  Name a fan base that hates their best player? I’ll name you one, the NY Giants and their get off my lawn fans.
                  Its just this board. I know plenty of giants fans that loves Odell and wants him to remain a Giant for life.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

                    It amazes me that people don't want this guy back after seeing the offense function without him for most of the year. He is more additive to an offense than just about any skill player in the league I can think of.
                    +1. It really is insane. This team doesn't sniff the playoffs in 2016 without OBJ. We saw firsthand how abysmal the offense was this year without him. And some people think getting a first rounder and change for him is somehow going to be good value for us or even get close to matching his production? Ridiculous.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Diamondring
                      If his actions are bad and he use drugs will mess him up making him useless later on. But I think he played many with that video. The drugs were not real and he just had someone show the fakes drugs. I think he is showing he can act.

                      Yet in the music industry, people do bad terrible things like use drugs and real other evil things. We know people do bad things in sports etc.
                      My man....you are way out there with this post.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Couldn’t have said it better. People will really have you believe that they were this perfect person in their early-mid 20’s. The dude has come here and made giants football fun to watch for me. I’ve never saw the guy take a play off and he seems to give it his all...Granted his all may be a little too much to handle for some but the dude has that “”IT” that only a few players have and fans want to trade him for nothing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          By all accounts, his teammates like him, he works hard in practice, and he is super competitive. That's what fans should care about. He's not cancer until one of those things change. Would I prefer him to act differently...Yes. But, I could care less about the PR and I would hate for the Giants to care about the bad PR too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Diamondring
                            If his actions are bad and he use drugs will mess him up making him useless later on. But I think he played many with that video. The drugs were not real and he just had someone show the fakes drugs. I think he is showing he can act.

                            Yet in the music industry, people do bad terrible things like use drugs and real other evil things. We know people do bad things in sports etc.
                            Can someone translate this into English?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              there is something else about OBJ that seems to make some very uncomfortable and it has nothing to do with what the OP listed. at the end of the day, its all about contributing to the success of the team. Any success the Giants have had over the past 2-3 years has almost all to do with #13. PAY THE MAN.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X