Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone worried about eli Manning's trial??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone worried about eli Manning's trial??

Boomer and gio were talking about it this morning. They were guessing 2 to 4 game suspension if found guilty in civil court.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-starts-today/
    [SIGPIC]

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Boomer and gio were talking about it this morning. They were guessing 2 to 4 game suspension if found guilty in civil court.

No.

Comment

Yes. Based on what I know, which obviously isnít everything, it doesnít look good and Iím surprised itís not talked about more. I think the whole thing reeks of foul play and runs deep in the Giants organization but for me the question is how much did Eli actually know? There was obviously enough evidence to convince the judge to let it go to trial so itís not just some small deal.

Iím sure the MODís will either delete this thread or move it to the ďentertainmentĒ section since, ya know, it has nothing to do with Giants football

Comment

eehh....whatever.
        If he did something wrong then you have to pay the piper.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

No because it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Not worried at all!
            I think the guy suing Manning is playing a dangerous game of chicken, hoping Eli will want to settle to make it go away.....which Eli I'm certain will not.
            And it's always a good sign, when the person being sued and his lawyers sound more than willing for the case to go trial.
            I also think that Eli's Lawyers have something on this guy who brought the suit.
            They wouldn't be publicly calling the guy a scam artist unless they already have the goods to back it up.
            And I STILL don't understand what the crime is if it IS true.
            It's not disputed that it's official Giants equipment, just that it's not "game worn". And what the **** does that matter? The helmet doesn't ****ing GLOW after a player has worn it. It's some weird assed ****!!!

​​​​​​

Last edited by bigblue58; 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM.
            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Eli sold me a signed helmet outside of Walmart last week.

Comment

Davis Webb era begins
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Not worried at all!
                  I think the guy suing Manning is playing a dangerous game of chicken, hoping Eli will want to settle to make it go away.....which Eli I'm certain will not.
                  And it's always a good sign, when the person being sued and his lawyers sound more than willing for the case to go trial.
                  I also think that Eli's Lawyers have something on this guy who brought the suit.
                  They wouldn't be publicly calling the guy a scam artist unless they already have the goods to back it up.

​​​​​​

This isn't a lawsuit with one person suing Eli Manning. There are 3 plaintiffs charging Eli, the Giants, and Steiner Sports for fraud.

What's always bothered me about this is Eric Iselberg was the person who donated his collection for the Giants Legacy Club. The Giants obviously had a pretty good relationship with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post
                    Eli sold me a signed helmet outside of Walmart last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

This isn't a lawsuit with one person suing Eli Manning. There are 3 plaintiffs charging Eli, the Giants, and Steiner Sports for fraud.

What's always bothered me about this is Eric Iselberg was the person who donated his collection for the Giants Legacy Club. The Giants obviously had a pretty good relationship with this guy.
                      Filing a lawsuit like this you drag in anyone with deep pockets.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Well...I know I didn't do anything wrong, so I am not really sweating this at all.
                        "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                          Filing a lawsuit like this you drag in anyone with deep pockets.
                          So not sure what you know about Heisenberg's settlement request, but it included a doozy - he wanted a 2007 SB ring as well as cash.

That feels to me like a man who would be happy to take his shot in court.
                          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Not worried at all!
                            And I STILL don't understand what the crime is if it IS true.
                            It's not disputed that it's official Giants equipment, just that it's not "game worn". And what the **** does that matter? The helmet doesn't ****ing GLOW after a player has worn it. It's some weird assed ****!!!

​​​​​​
                            On your last point - you're touching on the ridiculousness of sports memorabilia in general. It's like when a famous guitarist throws his pic into the audience. It's a little piece of plastic that a celebrity once touched -- why do people care, and why is that worth anything? People are just nuts.
                            sigpic

Comment

being the QB of the NY football Giants means that the public gets to know you and your character inside and out. If there were skeletons in Eli's closet, they would have surfaced at some point or another. This "fraud" situation is so far outside the scope of what we all know about Eli - its like trying to convince me that water mixes with oil. I just don't see it. This all smells like a case of people trying to capitalize financially on what could be perceived as fraud but nothing more. I am not concerned at all....

Comment

Working...
                              X