Just read on ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    It was all an extortion attempt. If Eli wasn't at this point in his career, he would have been able to waste some time in court and put the con in his place.
    Is jail time for Eli part of the settlement?
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

What did the pawners of filth get . 2 extra smelly jocks straps to sniff, and a pair of extended warn 98 degree training camp socks.
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
        What did the pawners of filth get . 2 extra smelly jocks straps to sniff, and a pair of extended warn 98 degree training camp socks.
        Somewhere Harooni is looking for his tissue box.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

See Tem's post, he's either a great guesser or has inside info.

Comment

Why would there be ,he did no wrong. Seems that the equipment people did no wrong either since they all so keep their jobs. So one could deduce that the plaintive settled once they facts of the helmet situations were brought forward.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Why would there be ,he did no wrong. Seems that the equipment people did no wrong either since they all so keep their jobs. So one could deduce that the plaintive settled once they facts of the helmet situations were brought forward.
              Oh my God....You thought I was being serious?

Take a deep breath and clear your mind. Everything will become clear again.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Oh my God....You thought I was being serious?

Take a deep breath and clear your mind. Everything will become clear again.
                remember I had this talk with you before ,sarcasm doesn't come across very well on these forums.I know you didn't .....but others here do.Just saw as an opportunity to get my point out.

Comment

Here's some clarity.

The two-time Super Bowl MVP insisted in a deposition that he has no idea why anyone would think he was pulling some kind of scam when he asked a team equipment manager for helmets “that can pass as game used.’’

Manning had been asked by his marketing agent for a pair of helmets to sell in 2010, prompting him to write an email to equipment manager Joe Skiba requesting “2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli.”

Asked to explain the email, Manning said at his deposition, “Looks like I’m asking for two of my game-used helmets.”

A lawyer for the plaintiffs asked incredulously, “Why didn’t you ask for two game-used helmets? Why did you say it that way?” referring to Manning’s use of the words “pass as.”

Manning replied, “I believe I am asking for two helmets that can … satisfy the requirement of being game-used.”

The lawyer asked Manning to read how Webster’s dictionary defined the phrase “pass as.”

“To cause people to believe that one is (someone or something) that one is not,’’ the football star recited.

Manning then threw Skiba under the bus, saying that if the helmets weren’t game used, it was all the equipment manager’s fault.

“He was responsible for my helmets, and he provided me with my helmets,’’ the player said.

“If a game-used helmet — a game-used helmet of mine — was claimed to be game-used and [was] not, there would be something wrong with that.’’

So there you have it. Skiba is Kramden and Eli's clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    Here's some clarity.

The two-time Super Bowl MVP insisted in a deposition that he has no idea why anyone would think he was pulling some kind of scam when he asked a team equipment manager for helmets “that can pass as game used.’’

Manning had been asked by his marketing agent for a pair of helmets to sell in 2010, prompting him to write an email to equipment manager Joe Skiba requesting “2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli.”

Asked to explain the email, Manning said at his deposition, “Looks like I’m asking for two of my game-used helmets.”

A lawyer for the plaintiffs asked incredulously, “Why didn’t you ask for two game-used helmets? Why did you say it that way?” referring to Manning’s use of the words “pass as.”

Manning replied, “I believe I am asking for two helmets that can … satisfy the requirement of being game-used.”

The lawyer asked Manning to read how Webster’s dictionary defined the phrase “pass as.”

“To cause people to believe that one is (someone or something) that one is not,’’ the football star recited.

Manning then threw Skiba under the bus, saying that if the helmets weren’t game used, it was all the equipment manager’s fault.

“He was responsible for my helmets, and he provided me with my helmets,’’ the player said.

“If a game-used helmet — a game-used helmet of mine — was claimed to be game-used and [was] not, there would be something wrong with that.’’

So there you have it. Skiba is Kramden and Eli's clean.
                    No, that was the release from one side were is the release from the other side?

Comment

Working...
                    X