True Detective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective

True Detective on HBO is amazing. It is the best show I have seen in a long time. It has a great cast with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. I am hooked right now and I am extremely anxious to watch the next episode. It is on 9PM Eastern on Sundays. A lot of people are claiming that it could be an all time great when it is all said and done. I am not ready to go that far with it but in my honest opinion there is not a show on TV right now that touches it. It is really great. The writing of the show is very good. Harrelson and McConaughey are really incredible in their respective roles.

Has anyone else been watching it? If so I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. I know it might seem like another average cop show but it isn't even close to that. You will not be disappointed. (5 episodes in)
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

I have heard from other people that it is great.

Does HBO ever do anything that isn't great?

Comment

Not a fan of Boardwalk Empire, but people obviously love it. I may come around to it. I didn't like Breaking Bad at first, either.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Not a fan of Boardwalk Empire, but people obviously love it. I may come around to it. I didn't like Breaking Bad at first, either.
        Love Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad. Give them a chance and you'll get hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          I have heard from other people that it is great.

Does HBO ever do anything that isn't great?
          I haven't been watching a lot of HBO shows lately. I have been watching a lot of showtime ones over the years (Dexter, Homeland, and the newest one I have watched Ray Donovan) but I am seriously hooked on this show right now... it is crazy good
          sigpic
          Mock Draft
          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire but Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows ever. It starts off slow but once you commit to it the show really gets good
            sigpic
            Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
              I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire but Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows ever. It starts off slow but once you commit to it the show really gets good
              I had to start from the second episode of Breaking Bad because I tried watching the first and just couldn't get into it. I'm a sucker for a hook, I guess.

That's why I like Suits so much. I've seen the first episode like 10 times, lol.

Comment

I had to start from the second episode of Breaking Bad because I tried watching the first and just couldn't get into it. I'm a sucker for a hook, I guess.

That's why I like Suits so much. I've seen the first episode like 10 times, lol.
                I haven't seen it but I might have to check it out. I would seriously recommend True Detective though. The show blows my mind
                sigpic
                Mock Draft

Comment

You download torrents?

Comment

You download torrents?
                    Nah I don't know how to lol
                    sigpic
                    Mock Draft

Comment

True detective is incredible

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
                        True detective is incredible
                        I know right. I seriously cannot wait for the next episode. I am guessing you saw the 5th episode? (tonight's episode)
                        sigpic
                        Mock Draft

Comment

I'm downloading the first episode now. I hope it's a good one.

Comment

I'm downloading the first episode now. I hope it's a good one.
                            Episode 4 **** gets real..

I will say that the dialogue is very unique and Harrelson and McConaughey are polar opposites and they play off of each other very well. I think the fact that they are good friends in real life allows them to pull off such a wonderful performance each week.

Let me know what you think man.
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft

Comment

True Detective is the best show out today and I thought I would never say that with the walking dead still around. Russ Cohle is a beast.
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                              X