Rakim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakim

It only makes sense that one of the best hip hop artists of all time loves one of the best teams of all time : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VAXaCJI1cg

Don't really care for the interview lol but love the Giants swag...and btw, does anyone else think he looks Exactly like Nicks?

Re: Rakim

haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old

Comment

[quote user="smashndash715"]haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old[/quote]
      lol yea man I'm 22 and I exclusively listen to 90's rap....all this stuff coming out today is GARBAGE

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="smashndash715"]haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old[/quote]
        lol yea man I'm 22 and I exclusively listen to 90's rap....all this stuff coming out today is GARBAGE
        [/quote]

yea these dudes like drake are poisoning our generation lol..you heard common dissing him?

Comment

[quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="smashndash715"]haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old[/quote]
          [/quote]

yea these dudes like drake are poisoning our generation lol..you heard common dissing him?[/quote]+1
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="smashndash715"]haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old[/quote]
            [/quote]

yea these dudes like drake are poisoning our generation lol..you heard common dissing him?[/quote]
            lmao wanna know what's funny? In my last comment I was going to mention that clown but didn't because I was worried I might offend you if you were a fan of his....I'm glad you see that idiot the same way I do, and I'm from Toronto.

Comment

On my way to the gym now, "lyrics of fury" blazin in my headphones.......anyone that doesn't have rakim in their top 5 is nuts...

Comment

The days when hip hop was really HIP HOP. Im just looking forward to Blackstar new album this year.....and when you think about it,its kinda sad. Back in the day good **** was coming out every week!!!

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="smashndash715"]haha yea he does look like he could be nicks's dad...one of the best MC's of all time and thats coming from a 23 yr old[/quote]
                  [/quote]

yea these dudes like drake are poisoning our generation lol..you heard common dissing him?[/quote]
                  lmao wanna know what's funny? In my last comment I was going to mention that clown but didn't because I was worried I might offend you if you were a fan of his....I'm glad you see that idiot the same way I do, and I'm from Toronto.
                  [/quote]

haha nah you wouldnt offend me you would be making me proud..theres nothing better then people that appreciate real hip hop..not waka flocka and gucci mane

Comment

Rakim Allah... the days of real Hip Hop is loooong gone... damn shame.

Rick Ross is doing his thing and I actually was feeling his last album but one banging CD a year doesn't compare to the good old days when you had like 4 to 5 classics dropping annually.

Drake's album is basically an R&B album... the whole CD isn't trash but it's not my style and I'm glad Common gave him the business... Common's my dude. I'm definitely not into Lil Wayne.

Once Jay-Z and a few others hang up the mic, we're screwed. Nas done disappeared, Mobb Deep fell off, Dre ditched The Detox album apparently... all the decent rappers are up there in age. I'm stuck in the 90's myself.

Comment

Rakim the god!

Yea I actually do see the Nicks resemblance.

Comment

[quote user="BornLegend"]Rakim Allah... the days of real Hip Hop is loooong gone... damn shame.

Rick Ross is doing his thing and I actually was feeling his last album but one banging CD a year doesn't compare to the good old days when you had like 4 to 5 classics dropping annually.

Drake's album is basically an R&B album... the whole CD isn't trash but it's not my style and I'm glad Common gave him the business... Common's my dude. I'm definitely not into Lil Wayne.

Once Jay-Z and a few others hang up the mic, we're screwed. Nas done disappeared, Mobb Deep fell off, Dre ditched The Detox album apparently... all the decent rappers are up there in age. I'm stuck in the 90's myself.[/quote]

Mobb Deep sealed their fate when they signed with G-unit. Everything they've done since then is garbage IMO, and I'm a loyal Mobb Deep fan. NaS and Jr. Gong Marleys album is so dope! I will forever wish it was still the 90's...I mean that's when I grew up and learned about real music. Even the crappy music of the 90's is worlds better than the **** on the radio now. To be honest, I don't even put on the radio anymore it's all Top 40 garbage. The problem is that it's a bunch of rich suits dictating what we listen to now...the people have no voice anymore they just put out whatever will sell to the masses.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

[quote user="Giantz4Life"][quote user="BornLegend"]Rakim Allah... the days of real Hip Hop is loooong gone... damn shame.

Once Jay-Z and a few others hang up the mic, we're screwed. Nas done disappeared, Mobb Deep fell off, Dre ditched The Detox album apparently... all the decent rappers are up there in age. I'm stuck in the 90's myself.[/quote]

Mobb Deep sealed their fate when they signed with G-unit. Everything they've done since then is garbage IMO, and I'm a loyal Mobb Deep fan. NaS and Jr. Gong Marleys album is so dope! I will forever wish it was still the 90's...I mean that's when I grew up and learned about real music. Even the crappy music of the 90's is worlds better than the **** on the radio now. To be honest, I don't even put on the radio anymore it's all Top 40 garbage. The problem is that it's a bunch of rich suits dictating what we listen to now...the people have no voice anymore they just put out whatever will sell to the masses.[/quote]Yup you're dead on point. Prodigy put the G-Unit tattoo on his hand and it was a wrap after that. They'll never get their respect back... that EP they dropped last year probably only sold 100 copies. I heard a few songs and was like "eeehhh".

That Distant Relatives CD got slept on. Nas was at his best on that joint... I still rock out to it here and there. That was pure art with a real meaning to it. As a matter of fact, all of my Nas CD's are in heavy rotation in my ride.

What did you think about that "Watch The Throne" (Jay-Z & Kanye)?

Comment

[quote user="BornLegend"][quote user="Giantz4Life"][quote user="BornLegend"]Rakim Allah... the days of real Hip Hop is loooong gone... damn shame.

Mobb Deep sealed their fate when they signed with G-unit. Everything they've done since then is garbage IMO, and I'm a loyal Mobb Deep fan. NaS and Jr. Gong Marleys album is so dope! I will forever wish it was still the 90's...I mean that's when I grew up and learned about real music. Even the crappy music of the 90's is worlds better than the **** on the radio now. To be honest, I don't even put on the radio anymore it's all Top 40 garbage. The problem is that it's a bunch of rich suits dictating what we listen to now...the people have no voice anymore they just put out whatever will sell to the masses.[/quote]Yup you're dead on point. Prodigy put the G-Unit tattoo on his hand and it was a wrap after that. They'll never get their respect back... that EP they dropped last year probably only sold 100 copies. I heard a few songs and was like "eeehhh".

That Distant Relatives CD got slept on. Nas was at his best on that joint... I still rock out to it here and there. That was pure art with a real meaning to it. As a matter of fact, all of my Nas CD's are in heavy rotation in my ride.

What did you think about that "Watch The Throne" (Jay-Z & Kanye)?[/quote]
                            you guys are both dead on. Mobb Deep used to be the s##t back in the 90's but like you said, they sold out Big time when they went to G-Unit. Nas is still ill although some ppl will tell you he's a snake (AZ and Cormega)...he ditched them and The Firm to sign a record deal, but he's still more real than any clown on the radio today.

I miss the De La Soul, Brand Nubian, A Tribe Called Quest, Rakim, Naughty by Nature, Black Moon, The Pharcyde, EPMD, Original Flavor, Mad Skillz, Jeru the Damja, Nas, AZ......man I could go on forever, the 90's was the BEST era of hip hop

Everything on the radio today is generic, it's all exactly the same garbage. You go to any major record label's AR department and they'll tell you to rap about the women you get, expensive cars, expensive champagne, and how you're a millionaire that's better than us. And I'm supposed to relate to that stupid simple minded bull####? No thanks, I'll let the club crowd that doesn't know #### about real hip hop listen to that crap.

This whole conversation really bothers me because I Always get into these arguments with my friends who listen to that garbage music on the radio today and they think I'm still stuck in the past and that I'm a "hater"....

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="BornLegend"][quote user="Giantz4Life"][quote user="BornLegend"]Rakim Allah... the days of real Hip Hop is loooong gone... damn shame.

What did you think about that "Watch The Throne" (Jay-Z & Kanye)?[/quote]
                              you guys are both dead on. Mobb Deep used to be the s##t back in the 90's but like you said, they sold out Big time when they went to G-Unit. Nas is still ill although some ppl will tell you he's a snake (AZ and Cormega)...he ditched them and The Firm to sign a record deal, but he's still more real than any clown on the radio today.

I miss the De La Soul, Brand Nubian, A Tribe Called Quest, Rakim, Naughty by Nature, Black Moon, The Pharcyde, EPMD, Original Flavor, Mad Skillz, Jeru the Damja, Nas, AZ......man I could go on forever, the 90's was the BEST era of hip hop

Everything on the radio today is generic, it's all exactly the same garbage. You go to any major record label's AR department and they'll tell you to rap about the women you get, expensive cars, expensive champagne, and how you're a millionaire that's better than us. And I'm supposed to relate to that stupid simple minded bull####? No thanks, I'll let the club crowd that doesn't know #### about real hip hop listen to that crap.

This whole conversation really bothers me because I Always get into these arguments with my friends who listen to that garbage music on the radio today and they think I'm still stuck in the past and that I'm a "hater"....
                              [/quote]

hey egyptian you listen to slaughterhouse?(joe budden ,crooked i, royce da 5'9 and joell ortiz)

Comment

Working...
                              X