No announcement yet.

Robin Williams has died.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched Hook on Netflix with my nephew and nieces last Saturday. Really sucks.

Comment

This is soooooo sad. I loved his comedy. I just watched him again on the best of Inside The Actors Studio. He was one of the funniest in our history !!!
      and the HBO special Weapons of Self Destruction. Rest in Peace Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48KpK1srx4

and, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JUF3xHdbI
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        It's apparent suicide.

He has been battling depression for years, and he had a very serious drug addiction.
        He has, and he did. But he kicked drugs (cocaine) over 30 years ago, as he did alcohol at the same time. Unfortunately, he had a relapse with alcohol (but not cocaine) after 20 years of sobriety, around 2002-03, when working on Insomnia in Alaska. But after 3 years and family intervention, he went back into residential rehab in 2006.

At the risk of sounding like a "know it all", I only know this because upon hearing the news earlier, I looked up a couple interviews with him from a couple years ago in which he wanted to talk about it.

So, for reasons known only to him (or maybe not known to him), his recurring bouts of depression apparently took control, even though he was a successful, if chronic, fighter of his addictions.

This has hit me hard, as it has many of us here and elsewhere.

At least Johnathan Winters, an idol of Williams (and me) passed when he was 88 (16 months ago, to the day). Even with his demons (and he had many, spent time in an institution--twice--when much younger), he had a life in full.

Robin passed too young, with more to give us. Nano nano, Robin.

Comment

I know this is a little late (I was on vacation) but he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's. I loved watching him there isn't a time that he didn't make me want to roll on the floor.
          sigpic

Comment

Have you seen What Dreams May Come?

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.
            +1
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Have you seen What Dreams May Come?

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.
              I did..................it sucked

Comment

Now, now not all movies can be about food, BrownE. Be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  Now, now not all movies can be about food, BrownE. Be nice.
                  true

Comment

Working...
                  X