X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Williams has died.

.....wow, truly sad.

May he rest in peace.

@CBSEveningNews: BREAKING: Comedian Robin Williams has died, according to the Marin County Sheriff's Department."

NBCWashington ‏@nbcwashington 2m
    Actor Robin Williams, 63, has died. CA authorities say his death is believed to be a suicide. http://bit.ly/1rjIS44
    Mood: WOOF!

I was thinking it was one of those false reports but it's on all the major outlets like CNN and MSN. Sad. And they are saying it's a Suicide?. Don't get that
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      I was thinking it was one of those false reports but it's on all the major outlets like CNN and MSN. Sad. And they are saying it's a Suicide?. Don't get that
      It's apparent suicide.

He has been battling depression for years, and he had a very serious drug addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        It's apparent suicide.

He has been battling depression for years, and he had a very serious drug addiction.
        Didn't know that. Goes to show you a guy like that so funny and great actor I'm assuming he didn't want for money yet was depressed. Shows money isn't always all you need
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Didn't know that. Goes to show you a guy like that so funny and great actor I'm assuming he didn't want for money yet was depressed. Shows money isn't always all you need
          Yes, you're right.
          He spoken openly about it too. It's really sad to see someone who brought so much joy, energy, and hard work to have to suffer like that.

Hollywood isn't all that it's hyped up to me.

Comment

Sad. I loved his films as a kid.

Comment

Damn. They always say that comedians are very dark people.

Comment

Yes, you're right.
                He spoken openly about it too. It's really sad to see someone who brought so much joy, energy, and hard work to have to suffer like that.

Hollywood isn't all that it's hyped up to me.
                man I loved his movies. BirdCage, Good Morning Vietnam, Hook, Mrs. doubtfire, Cadillac Man, Jumanji, Jack, Patch Adams, good will hunting, flubber. I could go on and on.. I'm sure I'm missing some of them

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

It is a really tough cross to bear. We really have no idea how complicated mental illness can be. We do know that many of the great comedians struggle with it for their entire life including one of Robin's great mentors Jonathan Winters. As gifted a comedian as he was, I loved him as an actor even more. His performance in Dead Poets Society was spectacular. Gonna miss him.........
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Damn. They always say that comedians are very dark people.
                    Just an interesting tidbit I learned in one of my psychology courses.
                    Humor can be seen as a defense mechanism, transferring unwanted thoughts into a more acceptable light.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      It is a really tough cross to bear. We really have no idea how complicated mental illness can be. We do know that many of the great comedians struggle with it for their entire life including one of Robin's great mentors Jonathan Winters. As gifted a comedian as he was, I loved him as an actor even more. His performance in Dead Poets Society was spectacular. Gonna miss him.........
                      Have you seen What Dreams May Come?

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.

Comment

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.
                        That's two counting Dead Poets society that I missed. Guy was great!

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Yeah, beautiful movie like mystical with Cuba Gooding Jr. Williams was a comic that comedy would just flow out of him, he actually made u LOL. Awakening and hour photo were two of his better acting roles.

Comment

Originally posted by PUGH72 View Post
                            Yeah, beautiful movie like mystical with Cuba Gooding Jr. Williams was a comic that comedy would just flow out of him, he actually made u LOL. Awakening and hour photo were two of his better acting roles.
                            One Hour Photo was so thrilling and creepy. I loved it!

Comment

My jaw hit the floor watching the news about Robin Williams on TV. Stunned isn't a strong enough word. I remember watching Williams on Mork & Mindy when I was kid. He had a lot of really good films, but my favorite has always been Dead Poets Society.

R.I.P. Robin Williams. He had a lot of personal struggles in his life, but hopefully he's at peace now.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X