Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli facing possible suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    Geno is making the team, who is the third string QB does anyone even know?
    It's Josh Johnson and he will compete with Geno Smith for the Backup to Eli.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      The fact that the Giants lawyers are denying it entirely is interesting. They said the email never appeared on the NY Giants server. So, what they are saying is that it is total bull**** and Eli never sent said email. The NYG defense is that IT, the allegedly incriminating email, is a fabrication and it is a completely untrue accusation. So, innocent until proven guilty, ya know. Of course Eli has already been crucified in the media and even Gov Christie.got in on the hating. sheesh. WTF is wrong with people!

      How about we wait and see what the true facts are first, before beleiving every moron who accuses a famous person of something.
      Everyone stop with the "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. That applies to the rules of evidence in a criminal case.
      Totally irrelevant here. IF (and it's a big IF) there is a trial, it will be a civil trial where preponderance of evidence is the standard.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #33
        Are they actually trying to alledge, that Eli is so incapable of parting with his game worn equipment, that he would risk his reputation and integrity to try and swindle some sports memorabilia ******?
        Not for nothing, but 13 years of being a class A professional and humanitarian has, to say the least, earned Eli every benefit of the doubt in my eyes!
        Last edited by bigblue58; 04-17-2017, 07:06 PM.
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

        John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Everyone stop with the "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. That applies to the rules of evidence in a criminal case.
          Totally irrelevant here. IF (and it's a big IF) there is a trial, it will be a civil trial where preponderance of evidence is the standard.
          Yes. And there isn't any evidence the alleged email that eli allegedly wrote, appeared on the NY Giants server. None. So stick that in your preponderance and smoke it. The email is fake, according to the New York giants via their lawyers.

          And yes there are possible criminal charges if eli did in fact commit fraud. So yes, it is important to remember that eli is innocent until proven guilty.

          Comment


          • #35
            Fake news.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              This case has a Judge Judy show written all over it.
              I guess that's why these threads keep making it to the entertainment section.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                Yes. And there isn't any evidence the alleged email that eli allegedly wrote, appeared on the NY Giants server. None. So stick that in your preponderance and smoke it. The email is fake, according to the New York giants via their lawyers.

                And yes there are possible criminal charges if eli did in fact commit fraud. So yes, it is important to remember that eli is innocent until proven guilty.
                No...No there aren't. The statute of limitations ran out years ago. All there is.....is the lawsuit.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  No...No there aren't. The statute of limitations ran out years ago. All there is.....is the lawsuit.
                  Oh good. TY.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3065164

                    could this be why we picked up Geno smith? thoughts.
                    Damnit! I was hoping it could be swept under the rug so we could pretend it never happened.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                      Interesting article and the emails are 6-7 years old as well as kind o vague. "Uniforms and helmet that can pass as game used" can be referring to that even if game used, they still need to be scuffed up and actually look game used. The other email referenced, which I don't think is from Eli can be the person sending the email that could just be claiming to speak for Eli or claim to pass along Eli thoughts for their own gain.
                      Nothing really concrete here and from what I can tell about Eli, if he were involved in such a scam that he seems smart enough to not give evidence to his involvement via email.

                      Once again, I don't know if Elibis guilty or not and this article doesn't help clear that up much.
                      Playing devils advocate here. Do you really think he has any game worn uniforms that need additional markings because they don't have enough already? As much asvIbwant to believe that theory it's hard. I really hope Eli is innocent in this and addresses the media with an explanation ASAP so we(they) can put it to rest and move on.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Brady was suspended and look how that worked out.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
                          Playing devils advocate here. Do you really think he has any game worn uniforms that need additional markings because they don't have enough already? As much asvIbwant to believe that theory it's hard. I really hope Eli is innocent in this and addresses the media with an explanation ASAP so we(they) can put it to rest and move on.
                          you think Eli will address the media about this ?

                          never happen ...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            i think its 300k guaranteed

                            found this on a site , not sure if hundred percent accurate.

                            Contract Notes:
                            $300,000 guaranteed (roster bonus + $100,000 of salary)
                            Per Game Active Bonus: $12,500 ($200,000, 7 LTBE)
                            Roster Bonus: $200,000 (guaranteed)
                            Incentives: $800,000
                            So it would cost virtually nothing to cut him prior to the start of the season
                            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Not a chance he gets suspended

                              This BS contract obligation isn't all on Eli. Eli could not be a part of a deal for NY Giant football gear without the NY Giants and the NFL getting a cut since Eli is signed to them. I'd imagine that these deals are damn near obligations to players in gaining revenue for the team and the NFL and in the end a total nuisance having to stand close enough or wear gear to supply this moronic market

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                                you think Eli will address the media about this ?

                                never happen ...
                                Never said he would, just hope he will but you're probably right.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X