Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms has a new job. Is he staying at CBS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phil Simms has a new job. Is he staying at CBS?

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

    Excerpt: "Phil Simms has a new gig.

    And believe it or not, he'll actually be staying put at CBS.

    The network announced Wednesday on Twitter that the ex-Giants quarterback will be moving from the broadcast booth and into the studio, joining "The NFL Today," CBS' pregame show, as an analyst. Simms, who will be joining good friend Boomer Esiason on the show, will replace Tony Gonzalez, who recently stepped down as one of the show's analysts.

    Gonzalez cited the weekly travel to New York from his California home as a big factor in his decision to leave the show. Simms, who resides in Franklin Lakes, will have no such travel issues.

    "The NFL Today" is a strong landing spot for Simms, who was somewhat unceremoniously jettisoned from the CBS broadcast A-team earlier in April when the network signed ex-Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo to be its lead analyst alongside play-by-play man Jim Nantz." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Didn't he have years left on his contract with CBS anyway?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Didn't he have years left on his contract with CBS anyway?
      He'll be better in the studio than he was in the booth.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        I personally think having him and Boomer at the same desk is a bit redundant ... but happy for Phil

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          I personally think having him and Boomer at the same desk is a bit redundant ... but happy for Phil
          Should there be a quota of blondes?
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Should there be a quota of blondes?
            sure

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              sure
              I just think that's Phil's style is different than Boomer. They work well together on the Showtime show.
              Phil is good on that show. He's pretty funny as well. Just don't think he's that strong as an analyst in the booth.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I just think that's Phil's style is different than Boomer. They work well together on the Showtime show.
                Phil is good on that show. He's pretty funny as well. Just don't think he's that strong as an analyst in the booth.
                I thought he was ok in the booth ... but I am definitely admittedly biased toward Phil

                not a huge fan of Boomer and I don't think they work well together on Showtime .. I can't even watch that show ... it is just put together very poorly

                just seems redundant to me ... especially on a pregame show

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  I thought he was ok in the booth ... but I am definitely admittedly biased toward Phil

                  not a huge fan of Boomer and I don't think they work well together on Showtime .. I can't even watch that show ... it is just put together very poorly

                  just seems redundant to me ... especially on a pregame show
                  Who's more biased towards Phil than me?

                  I'm the original "Phil Cultist"
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Who's more biased towards Phil than me?

                    I'm the original "Phil Cultist"
                    I'll admit ... I have a huge bias toward Phil .... I don't actually even know why because when he was here playing I would kill him constantly ... but at the same time I have an undying love for the guy
                    the way he battled and won over his teammates ... the way he would sling the rock ... stand in the pocket and take a shot from Reggie White to the grill and complete the pass

                    I dunno ... I'll go down swinging for the guy

                    and I don't care who holds what records and who owns the numbers ... he is the best QB this team has ever had

                    and I say that with all due respect and love for #10

                    but he is no and never will be #11

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      I'll admit ... I have a huge bias toward Phil .... I don't actually even know why because when he was here playing I would kill him constantly ... but at the same time I have an undying love for the guy
                      the way he battled and won over his teammates ... the way he would sling the rock ... stand in the pocket and take a shot from Reggie White to the grill and complete the pass

                      I dunno ... I'll go down swinging for the guy

                      and I don't care who holds what records and who owns the numbers ... he is the best QB this team has ever had

                      and I say that with all due respect and love for #10

                      but he is no and never will be #11
                      I feel the same way but I get called all kinds of names when I say it. Honestly, I rarely discuss it because of the pro Eli PC nonsense around here.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        I thought he was ok in the booth ... but I am definitely admittedly biased toward Phil

                        not a huge fan of Boomer and I don't think they work well together on Showtime .. I can't even watch that show ... it is just put together very poorly

                        just seems redundant to me ... especially on a pregame show
                        I honestly don't think Phil and Boomer like each other.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                          I honestly don't think Phil and Boomer like each other.
                          It definitely seems like that

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good idea for CBS to keep Simms on the line in case Romo bombs.
                            Fan since 1970.
                            ---------------------





                            ----------------------------------------------
                            "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                              in case Romo bombs.

                              He might choke on his coffee.

                              Or break his back trying to sit down.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X