So Cruz Threw Eli Under The Bus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The Tiki comparison makes no sense. Tiki repeatedly bad-mouthed Eli during and after his playing days, which is one of the reasons why he's on the outs with the Giants.

Meanwhile, Cruz praised Eli's character while making it clear that Eli needs to explain what the e-mail was about since this thing isn't just going to blow over. How is that Cruz throwing Eli under the bus when this memorabilia issue is heading to court? It's not like Cruz said Eli is definitely guilty.
    Tiki has given Eli plenty of praise...Stop it.

Show me ONE NYG player in the media that has not been critical of the Giants when they needed to be? Guys are supposed to be cordial when the team was sucking?

not in NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
      Tiki has given Eli plenty of praise...Stop it.

Show me ONE NYG player in the media that has not been critical of the Giants when they needed to be? Guys are supposed to be cordial when the team was sucking?

not in NYC
      Where's the 'plenty of praise' that Tiki has given Eli over the years? Pretending that Tiki didn't repeatedly blast Eli during and after his playing days doesn't mean it didn't happen. Like I said, there's a reason why Tiki is on the outs with the Giants and that reason is Tiki's mouth.

And there's a difference between players being critical of the team and a player throwing his QB and HC under the bus every chance he could get. Strahan and Carl Banks have been critical of the Giants as analysts when they needed to be, but they didn't openly bash specific coaches and players the way Tiki has. And trying to compare Cruz's comments to the numerous times Tiki put his foot in his mouth isn't going to someone exonerate Tiki.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

^^ You show me evidence of all the times Tiki threw Eli under the bus....

Saying someone is not a good leader will not get them

1. Sued

2. Jailed

3. Suspended

Tiki's comments didn't do anything but motivate Eli.......Mission accomplished

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Tiki spoke very highly of Eli here....and his comments about Eli not being a fiery leader are still true and accurate.......Tiki was proven right when I saw how Drew Brees Handled Jeremy Shockey, who Eli seemed scared to death of.

Comment

1. Sued

2. Jailed

3. Suspended

While I agree with you the Barber hatred here is ridiculous, there's no need to match it by making stuff up.

Barber was just being Barber, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong way. It didn't motivate Manning, it had no effect on Manning at all. As usual and unfortunately for Barber, he was the only one affected by the comments.

Comment

And the Shockey example is embarrassing. One needn't be fiery to lead and Manning's approach to Shockey was just as effective. Most adults can effectively ignore noisy children.

Comment

1. Sued

2. Jailed

3. Suspended

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Tiki spoke very highly of Eli here....and his comments about Eli not being a fiery leader are still true and accurate.......Tiki was proven right when I saw how Drew Brees Handled Jeremy Shockey, who Eli seemed scared to death of.
              I love how the very first sentence of the article you posted talks about how Tiki hasn't always had the nicest things to say about Eli, in your defense of how Tiki has had 'plenty of praise' for Eli.

And while saying someone isn't a good leader won't get you jailed, suspended or sued it does get you frozen out from the team/organziation, which is why both Tiki and Shockey are on the outs with the Giants.

Below is Eli's response to Tiki claiming that his attempts at leadership were comical, which was Tiki throwing Eli under the bus.

Manning responds to criticism from Barber on TV halftime show
              www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984974

sigpic

Comment

I love how the very first sentence of the article you posted talks about how Tiki hasn't always had the nicest things to say about Eli, in your defense of how Tiki has had 'plenty of praise' for Eli.

And while saying someone isn't a good leader won't get you jailed, suspended or sued it does get you frozen out from the team/organziation, which is why both Tiki and Shockey are on the outs with the Giants.

Below is Eli's response to Tiki claiming that his attempts at leadership were comical, which was Tiki throwing Eli under the bus.

Tiki: great RB, kind of a ****. I just heard him today doing a 20 second spot for CBS radio, first time in a long time I've seen or heard him on broadcast anything. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Comment

I doubt very seriously that Eli was really a team leader in 2004-2006. Young players have to ease into that.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    I doubt very seriously that Eli was really a team leader in 2004-2006. Young players have to ease into that.
                    I doubt Eli was a true leader at that point. But publicly bashing him wasn't the smart move by Tiki just like it wasn't the smart move when T.O. bashed the QBs he played with.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X