Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbest fantasy football move(s) you ever made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dumbest fantasy football move(s) you ever made?

    1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

    2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.




    Anyone else?

    Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

  • #2
    Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

    2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.




    Anyone else?
    Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cut Alfred Morris a day before the season started lol


      I'm still in first place, but I would have been much better off.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.
        Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
          Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead
          I hope you're feeling the love Kase. I'm there for ya....
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Drafted Philip Rivers with Aaron Rogers still on the board last season. I thought that Rivers was going to have a monster year.

            The guy that drafted Rogers won the league. I did not.

            Comment


            • #7
              This an ALMOST...
              I offered a trade 2 years ago where I wulda given up McCoy for Boldin.
              Week 4 and I was a tad thin in the WR position.
              McCoy at the time was #9 RB and Boldin was #9 WR.
              Guy wuldnt do it unless i threw in another top 15 RB which I thought was insane so didnt do it.
              Season ended with McCoy in the top 3 and Boldin didnt even crack the top 40.
              Thank God he didnt pull that trigger.
              sigpic
              BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Comment

              Working...
              X