GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
    thought id check this forum out after getting a notification from another league today... Im in if there's still room
    We're playing for money this year. Does that work for you?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up with Adrian Robinson as his TE?
      The sad thing is I probably would pick him up as a FA at some point. Last year I took Jermichael Finley in the 10th (there was no value TE available each time I picked until it was too late), and he went and injured his way off my team week 7 like everyone else on the roster.

Then I picked up Tim Wright, who actually had a couple of good outings. Tampa Bay backups bailed my *** out bigtime a couple of times (including, weirdly enough, the week they played seattle, where Wright and Mike James both had huge outings).

And TCH, do know that after week 7 (when my entire team got hurt in one week), I had a 5-5 finish with none of my draft picks remaining on the roster, and after that even won a playoff game. So you could even shackle me with a "You must draft 5 TE in a row" restriction and I could still do something with that. Maybe not win it all, but could make the playoffs.

I'm like the Jerry Reese of fantasy: My drafts are lackluster, and somehow my draft picks keep getting injured, but I can *** pull waiver/trade magic sometimes. Or it could all blow up in my face, like when I traded Jordy Nelson.
      Last edited by Toadofsteel; 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        The sad thing is I probably would pick him up as a FA at some point. Last year I took Jermichael Finley in the 10th (there was no value TE available each time I picked until it was too late), and he went and injured his way off my team week 7 like everyone else on the roster.

Then I picked up Tim Wright, who actually had a couple of good outings. Tampa Bay backups bailed my *** out bigtime a couple of times (including, weirdly enough, the week they played seattle, where Wright and Mike James both had huge outings).

And TCH, do know that after week 7 (when my entire team got hurt in one week), I had a 5-5 finish with none of my draft picks remaining on the roster, and after that even won a playoff game. So you could even shackle me with a "You must draft 5 TE in a row" restriction and I could still do something with that. Maybe not win it all, but could make the playoffs.

I'm like the Jerry Reese of fantasy: My drafts are lackluster, and somehow my draft picks keep getting injured, but I can *** pull waiver/trade magic sometimes. Or it could all blow up in my face, like when I traded Jordy Nelson.
        Yeah, I remember some of your sit/start questions made me wonder why you didn't just call it a season. Like I said earlier, you could go TEx5 and probably still top B&R.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Yeah, I remember some of your sit/start questions made me wonder why you didn't just call it a season. Like I said earlier, you could go TEx5 and probably still top B&R.
          The main thing to remember is that I don't believe in sacred cows for fantasy. If Robinson was a value pickup/start, even with all the **** I've been giving him, I would still do it.

Comment

• I play in a lot of leagues, so I avoid micromanaging. Frankly, I just don't have time to micromanage FF.

Don't get me wrong, I hit the waiver wire from time-to-time, but I put in the heavy lifting in the offseason.

Comment

I play in a lot of leagues, so I avoid micromanaging. Frankly, I just don't have time to micromanage FF.

Don't get me wrong, I hit the waiver wire from time-to-time, but I put in the heavy lifting in the offseason.
              Yeah I don't like to play in too many leagues. Micromanaging is just something I enjoy doing more than multitasking...

Comment

We're playing for money this year. Does that work for you?
                yup... what'd be your preferred method of payment?
                my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

• Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                  yup... what'd be your preferred method of payment?
                  Straight cash, homie.

Nah, but Leaguesafe.com will secure the league's dues.

https://www.leaguesafe.com/Account/Register

You were "Smoking Villagers" last year, right?

Comment

Straight cash, homie.

Nah, but Leaguesafe.com will secure the league's dues.

https://www.leaguesafe.com/Account/Register

You were "Smoking Villagers" last year, right?
                    yessir... I'll check out that link later tonight
                    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

• hope moke plays so he can have another melt down
                      sigpic
                      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                        hope moke plays so he can have another melt down
                        check your pm.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• No invite for the real champ?

Comment

• So I'm guessing that means all the regular spots are filled?

Comment

• Originally posted by RolleN N CruzN View Post
                              No invite for the real champ?
                              Lol, I was waiting to see if you were alive. You're in, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                                So I'm guessing that means all the regular spots are filled?
                                12 team league

Comment

Working...
                                X