Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    I picked second and unfortunately choked hard at the end.
    ****ing Doug Martin, lol.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Yep. Landed Forte and Dez.

      I don't think there's much of an advantage to picking 12. Someone actually did an analysis that showed that the least attractive picks in the 4-9 range yielded the best drafts over time.

      People just like having picks close to each other.
      I'm just saying it's not the end of the world lol, you can still draft a decent team.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        ****ing Doug Martin, lol.
        Frustrating.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Toadofsteel's sit/start questions had me in tears last year, lol.

          "Jason Campbell or Kirk Cousins?"

          Funny thing is, he advanced to the Championship round in his league.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • MS -- I'll completely swap drafts with you...but I want 2 fifth rounders.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              Yep. Landed Forte and Dez.

              I don't think there's much of an advantage to picking 12. Someone actually did an analysis that showed that the least attractive picks in the 4-9 range yielded the best drafts over time.

              People just like having picks close to each other.
              I was in a league last year where Peyton, Graham, and Megatron all went in the first round. Megatron was picked freaking second overall. The guy picking 12th got Jamaal Charles and Matt Forte.

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                ****ing Doug Martin, lol.
                I picked Doug Martin 3rd overall. Everyone got hurt on my team last year...

                1. (3) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
                2. (22) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
                3. (27) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
                4. (46) Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
                5. (51) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
                6. (70) Ahmad Bradshaw (Ind - RB)
                7. (75) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
                8. (94) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
                9. (99) Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
                10. (118) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)


                Literally the one guy I drafted that wasn't injured (Jordy Nelson), I had traded in the preseason for a guy that was (David Wilson). I guess Eli wasn't injured on my watch either, but he did get hurt week 17, albeit 14 weeks after I cut him.
                Last edited by Toadofsteel; 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM.

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  I was in a league last year where Peyton, Graham, and Megatron all went in the first round. Megatron was picked freaking second overall. The guy picking 12th got Jamaal Charles and Matt Forte.
                  I landed Graham in the 3rd last year because there were so many market inefficiencies in the ESPN rankings.

                  That was a 1/2PPR high-stakes league, too. I mean, the other owners should've been paying more attention, but still. ESPN had him ranked way too low.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    Toadofsteel's sit/start questions had me in tears last year, lol.

                    "Jason Campbell or Kirk Cousins?"

                    Funny thing is, he advanced to the Championship round in his league.
                    Oh FFS I had forgotten that. I was hoping to forget that forever.

                    Oh and I only made it to the semis. I got bounced despite posting 120 points because ****ING JUSTIN TUCKER WEEK 15. All I needed to beat the #1 seed was to not have Justin Tucker kick five field goals. But I guess my uncanny luck ran out that week. I feel like Tony Romo now.

                    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Oh FFS I had forgotten that. I was hoping to forget that forever.

                      Oh and I only made it to the semis. I got bounced despite posting 120 points because ****ING JUSTIN TUCKER WEEK 15. All I needed to beat the #1 seed was to not have Justin Tucker kick five field goals.
                      Haha, I remember that. You were going against Joique and Tucker, or something.

                      Those weeks were killer for me. There was big dough on the line for me, but all my teams came through, luckily. Was that league PPR?
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • I did get one MASSIVE break that kept me in the race though. I had started 5-2, which meant that I was ahead to begin with, and going .500 was the best hope I had. I also had Shane Vereen and Andre Brown stashed for their returns from short-term IR. The big break was that Andre went full beastmode against Oakland, and some guy comes knocking offering me Gio Bernard AND Keenan Allen. I HAD to take that offer, and then the rest was history.

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • In-season moves was the weakest part of my game last year. I do so much prep in the offseason, that I don't even pay mind to the guys that start killing it in-season. I was too late to jump on the Keenan Allen bandwagon last year, I sold Moreno for peanuts, etc.

                          Another thing is, as easy as it is to laugh at the "Campbell or Cousins" question, streaming QBs is quite likely the dominant strategy in FF.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            In-season moves was the weakest part of my game last year. I do so much prep in the offseason, that I don't even pay mind to the guys that start killing it in-season. I was too late to jump on the Keenan Allen bandwagon last year, I sold Moreno for peanuts, etc.

                            Another thing is, as easy as it is to laugh at the "Campbell or Cousins" question, streaming QBs is quite likely the dominant strategy in FF.
                            Well, it's good if you didn't want to spend an early pick on a QB. Largely for me it depends on what value is there. Cruz and Gore were available when I picked Rodgers. I was thinking Cruz for a little while, but didn't really feel right to take Gore in late 2nd because he was getting up there and SF seemed to want to work in Hunter.

                            I was largely static in the first half of the season until my guys started dropping like flies. Then I was doing a Reese and just finding any potential scrap heap band-aid, which is when I sunk so low as to ask whether Jason Campbell or Kirk Cousins was a better start (I ended up starting Kirk Cousins, and he actually did well).

                            This is why I feel like I am the Jerry Reese of Fantasy... I can't draft for ****, and the guys I draft just tend to get injured, but I make up for it with scrap heap additions from out of ****ing nowhere. It's also why I would never play more than 2 leagues in a season... micromanaging is what makes fantasy fun for me in particular.
                            Last edited by Toadofsteel; 07-24-2014, 03:27 PM.

                            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • In Yahoo Pro20 leagues, the waiver wire is usually stacked. It's only 10 teams, benches are small, and no flex.

                              I picked up Kaep in week 16 to start in my championship game (he was playing ATL). I don't remember if he did well or not, but I did win 1st there.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                              Comment


                              • Speaking of waivers, I forgot to ask: is it NFL style waivers where going unclaimed drops them to FA status, or does picking up anyone drop your waiver order?

                                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X