GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Speaking of waivers, I forgot to ask: is it NFL style waivers where going unclaimed drops them to FA status, or does picking up anyone drop your waiver order?
    If you pick them up when they're FA, your waiver priority is unchanged.

If you put in a claim and get the guy, your waiver priority will fall (unless everyone else does the same thing, in which case, the order would remain unchanged).
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      uh 12 isn't a bad spot...
      12 is great because it usually gives you first dibs at the non Calvin Johnson receivers.

Comment

I picked Doug Martin 3rd overall. Everyone got hurt on my team last year...

1. (3) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
        2. (22) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
        3. (27) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
        4. (46) Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
        5. (51) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
        6. (70) Ahmad Bradshaw (Ind - RB)
        7. (75) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
        8. (94) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
        9. (99) Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
        10. (118) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

Literally the one guy I drafted that wasn't injured (Jordy Nelson), I had traded in the preseason for a guy that was (David Wilson). I guess Eli wasn't injured on my watch either, but he did get hurt week 17, albeit 14 weeks after I cut him.
        Good Lord.

Haha it's funny cause eventually Eli did get injured.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          12 is great because it usually gives you first dibs at the non Calvin Johnson receivers.
          Well, that used to be the case. After that early-RB suckfest last year, I think a lot of people are opting for the security of an elite receiver/Graham.

I can't say I blame them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Well, that used to be the case. After that early-RB suckfest last year, I think a lot of people are opting for the security of an elite receiver/Graham.

I can't say I blame them.
            Considering that two of the top 10 RB, Matt Forte and Frank Gore, are pushing 30 and on the wrong side of 30 respectively, and a couple of former big names are dropping like Ray Rice and MJD, i'm not surprised by non-RB creeping into the 1st round. Last year some guy took Megatron with the #2 pick in my league.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Considering that two of the top 10 RB, Matt Forte and Frank Gore, are pushing 30 and on the wrong side of 30 respectively, and a couple of former big names are dropping like Ray Rice and MJD, i'm not surprised by non-RB creeping into the 1st round. Last year some guy took Megatron with the #2 pick in my league.
              I wouldn't even count Gore towards last years RB collapse.

But Spiller, Martin, TRich, SJax, Rice, Foster, Ridley, MJD, Miller, Ball, Sproles, McFadden, WILSON ****ed over a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                12 is usually good. But this year I'm not so sure. It forces you to go QB sooner than you would like unless you want to wait until the end of round 3.
                QB's are really 2nd round this year.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  I wouldn't even count Gore towards last years RB collapse.

But Spiller, Martin, TRich, SJax, Rice, Foster, Ridley, MJD, Miller, Ball, Sproles, McFadden, WILSON ****ed over a lot of people.
                  I picked Richardson at pick #8 in my big money league. I watched a Browns game early in the year and knew I was in trouble. No speed, no evasiveness, no ability to break tackles he was awful. I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10 foot pole this year.

Comment

• as per usual I'll be winging this year ... give you all a chance

Comment

• can we trade picks
                      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Sure, just not future picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                          as per usual I'll be winging this year ... give you all a chance
                          Thanks, B. We're all still trying to catch up, but I still think we're a few years away from when you can start putting in some effort.

Comment

• Sure, just not future picks.

Comment

• I have to join in a league before I go anywhere. Would like a free league though and no $$

Comment

• I have word that the second overall pick in the GMB FFL just hit the market - Ian Rapoport
                                interesting
                                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Working...
                                X