No announcement yet.

GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I hate about yahoo's drafting system is that it seems to enjoy drafting kickers in the 10th for some inexplicable reason.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• When people bail (usually around that round), auto draft takes the highest rated player/unit at whatever position the drafter didn't fill. Most of the time, that's K/DEF.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        When people bail (usually around that round), auto draft takes the highest rated player/unit at whatever position the drafter didn't fill. Most of the time, that's K/DEF.
        Fair enough I guess, but I just wish there was a way to tell yahoo to restrict the K and DEF positions to a certain round...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          Fair enough I guess, but I just wish there was a way to tell yahoo to restrict the K and DEF positions to a certain round...
          There is - you can either manually set your board or stay with the draft til the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            There is - you can either manually set your board or stay with the draft til the end.
            I think he means for the cpus who take over when people bail.

If not, then yeah, manually setting the board would work.

Comment

I think he means for the cpus who take over when people bail.

If not, then yeah, manually setting the board would work.
              I don't know why people would bail on a draft and let computer pick players for you
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                I don't know why people would bail on a draft and let computer pick players for you
                Neither. It can not only ruins things for you, it can ruin things for the rest of the league. The issue is even more pronounced in auction leagues. In those it becomes way too easy to make the auto-picking teams draft all the Shonn Greenes of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                  I could have this all wrong, but I think Toadofsteel is talking about the mock drafts on Yahoo, where people bail after the 4th round.

If people are bailing in real drafts, then they're idiots.

Comment

Neither. It can not only ruins things for you, it can ruin things for the rest of the league. The issue is even more pronounced in auction leagues. In those it becomes way too easy to make the auto-picking teams draft all the Shonn Greenes of the world.
                    Have you ever done a paid auction leagues?

Comment

I could have this all wrong, but I think Toadofsteel is talking about the mock drafts on Yahoo, where people bail after the 4th round.
                      Ah, I sort of went off on a tangent there... Yes, that is definitely an irritant in mocks as it means you don't get any sort of sense of how people are picking in the late rounds.

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Have you ever done a paid auction leagues?
                      Nope. Is this generally what occurs?

Comment

Nope. Is this generally what occurs?
                        Haha, I was gonna ask you the same thing. I haven't done any either. I wanted to do a few last year, but I never got around to it.

I plan on doing a few this year, and have already started up an auction league on another MB. I'll probably join a couple Yahoo Pro20 ones, just to get the hand of them.

Comment

• Bill suggested we do some offline draft ****
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            Bill suggested we do some offline draft ****
                            I was thinking next year. Maybe the Bellagio?

Comment

• Scratch that. Two years.

Comment

I was thinking next year. Maybe the Bellagio?

it is very hard getting people together that live around each other let alone people who don't
                                sigpic
                                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                                X