GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Exactly. You let him take up a roster spot all year.
    Yup. If you're gonna stream, have the balls to do it with Geno Smith and Carson Palmer.

2007 will cloud your judgment.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Normally I'm in the same boat as you, Flip, as far as lateral moves go.

I actually made that same move in another league though, so I figured I'd test the waters in our league. Murray is a boss. I'm all-in on him this year.
      I'm big on Murray as well. Only downside is that he's going to get hurt somewhere along the line, and he doesn't have a true handcuff.

Comment

I'm big on Murray as well. Only downside is that he's going to get hurt somewhere along the line, and he doesn't have a true handcuff.
        Yeah, that's the only thing. Dunbar plays a different role in that offense, so I don't even think he'd get the bulk of the work when Murray goes down.

It's inevitable, but it sucks. I just hope his injury is only a 2-game stretch that clashes with the bye, and he's back and ready to roll come playoffs.

Comment

You don't cut the GOAT.
          Why not? I traded Aaron Rodgers last year. Luckily before he got injured.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            That's Rodgers. This is the GOAT we're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              You typically stash no-namers who you feel could benefit your team several weeks down the track. If they don't break out it's fine, you just cut them. But if you go that route with someone like Brady, his reputation could mean that you afford him more leniency, and wind up keeping him around longer than you should, all to the detriment of your roster.

Black holes are no good. Trent Richardson is a good example - he quite clearly sucks ****, but how many leagues will he been cut in? People hold on to him, hoping, and by doing so forgo the chance of adding actual contributors from the waiver wire.

Comment

• Dwayne Bowe last year. I carried him through. Luckily Gordon emerged, I had Dez, and my mid-round picks in Antonio and Garcon panned out.

But my starting 3 WRs to start the year: Dez/Bowe/Mike Williams -- lmao. Oh, and Mike Williams was a late swap after I decided to "wait and see" on Kenbrell.

Comment

Dwayne Bowe last year. I carried him through. Luckily Gordon emerged, I had Dez, and my mid-round picks in Antonio and Garcon panned out.

But my starting 3 WRs to start the year: Dez/Bowe/Mike Williams -- lmao. Oh, and Mike Williams was a late swap after I decided to "wait and see" on Kenbrell.
                  I did the Dwayne Bowe in this league last year. It wasn't fun. At one point I really wanted to drop him for Keenan Allen, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Pissed me off.

Come to think of it I did the Kenbrell as well... I kept starting him just because he had Brady

Comment

• Yeah, I don't know if I was the one who took Bowe after you cut him.

I remember seeing him on the wire, thinking "...whoa, he shouldn't be there..."

Comment

I already checked it, I just have a habit of letting offers sit if I don't want them...

Not really interested in Brady because I know I'll find it hard to cut him if he continues to suck. I won't have that issue with Kaepernick and Palmer.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

That's Rodgers. This is the GOAT we're talking about.
                        Dude. I've argued with you countless times over this. Brady is NOT the GOAT.He's not even the best QB of this era (that would be either Rodgers or Peyton, with the best QB of the future being either Luck or Wilson). And none of these names hold a candle to Unitas, Staubach, Montana, Marino, or Elway.

But I guess that's the one thing we're never going to be able to agree on, which is why I tend to not bring it up anymore unless people start referring to Brady as such like it's an absolute given.
                        Last edited by Toadofsteel; 09-10-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• How can you compare Brady to Unitas, Staubach etc if you didn't actually watch them play?

Comment

How can you compare Brady to Unitas, Staubach etc if you didn't actually watch them play?
                            He's the one starting with comparisons. By declaring Brady greatest of all time, that means, by definition, he's claiming Brady is better than all those names I listed.

Comment

• Back to the business at hand...

Someone PLEASE pick up Larry Donnell before I get him injured.... please.

Comment

• Toad waiver wires so hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X