No announcement yet.

GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think part of the problem is that it seems as though each of us has a different bent on what actually constitutes value as well. For example, I value redzone RB over volume carry guys (unless we're talking a top-5 like AP or Charles, which would have value regardless). Since all that any fantasy sport is, is essentially speculation on stats, of course people will have different ideas.

I will say, however, that getting used-car-salesman types playing FF generally makes it less enjoyable, and once I've established that a person is like that, I am less inclined to trade with them. I had a guy in another league who convinced me to part with AJ Green for Larry Fitz and a RB in 2012. Needless to say I was bounced in the first round of the playoffs, and the following year I only made one trade with him (the now-infamous Knowshon trade, which I really only considered because I played him on Denver's bye week, and I was genuinely out of options with all my injuries... I would have had to start absolute nobodies at WR had I not made the trade).

Same deal with Bill here. I had a couple of decent trades before the one he was talking about (mostly due to my drastically overestimating Hunter's ceiling more than anything else). But, for example, he spent most of week 1 trying to offload Dwyer on me so that he could upgrade his QB to Drew Brees. The Graham trade (especially after I reversed the Patterson for Hunter part of the deal) wasn't THAT terrible, considering how I really only had one truly viable WR until Evans can step up and produce, but the constant nagging for trying to push Stafford on me like a used Nissan Sentra kinda turned me off to trading in that direction.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 09-11-2014, 09:16 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• You guys want to go the waiver wire and playing not to lose way. Cool.

And by the way, I've been thinking this over for the past idk..week or so. Everyone's team is different and has different needs. Every trade is not a collusion act. Just because YOU wouldn't do It doesn't it make it so. Is there a risk factor? Of course, but so are all trades. It's not even that bad considering he's going to be back for the playoffs anyway. If he was reinstated tonight, you guys would change your story on how I secured a lopsided trade lol.

Relax, this is what makes the league fun. If you want to waiver wire your way to a championship be my guest. I'm not saying it's ok to trade Aaron Rodgers for Owen Daniels, but you have to let people make their own decisions sometimes. If I lose, then I lose. Most of you guys will too, whoop.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• And if you want to see trades before they happen, I have no problem posting them here. It won't change anything because I'm drafting for me, not what others are going to think.

Comment

• Kind of funny how every trade I've made in this league -- Andre for Rice; Cobb for Wallace; Gronk/Gordon for Calvin; Alshon/Bennett/Hunter for Graham/CPatt (and yes, Toad, I all but begged for you to take some value back) -- were offered to me. Granted, Rudy had asked about acquiring Gronk, and Gronk/Gordon had always been my offer, but today, unprompted, she insisted we do the deal. Every single deal was offered to me. You can read the Graham discourse; hell, ask Toad if there was any behind-the-scenes aspect, and he'll clear that up for you guys real quick.

Jeez, for a "used car salesman," it sure is odd and ironic that I'm the one doing almost all of the buying.

As for the Brees stuff, I was more so trolling you with those offers, hoping you'd bite, but I took Stafford a few picks after Brees, and he's no slouch either (especially with our QB scoring format), so even if I were to seriously try to make a move for Brees with a twofer offer, I wouldn't be able to offer much above what I have already offered. If that means a deal doesn't get done, so be it, lol. It's as simple as "Reject Trade."
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            I'm just getting online for today the trade was made at 4 this after noon and put through.... I never saw it pending there should be some kind of wait period for those of us who aren't on all day every day....whatever.... I don't understand a couple of these trades made this year....

and I didn't get an email notification how about you MH
            Nuttin Honey
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Idk, I always get the emails, but then again, I'm the one who has to put them through.

I don't mind doing a mass-email to every league member after every trade. The "email league" tab can make that happen as quickly as posting it on here could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                You guys want to go the waiver wire and playing not to lose way. Cool.

And by the way, I've been thinking this over for the past idk..week or so. Everyone's team is different and has different needs. Every trade is not a collusion act. Just because YOU wouldn't do It doesn't it make it so. Is there a risk factor? Of course, but so are all trades. It's not even that bad considering he's going to be back for the playoffs anyway. If he was reinstated tonight, you guys would change your story on how I secured a lopsided trade lol.

Relax, this is what makes the league fun. If you want to waiver wire your way to a championship be my guest. I'm not saying it's ok to trade Aaron Rodgers for Owen Daniels, but you have to let people make their own decisions sometimes. If I lose, then I lose. Most of you guys will too, whoop.
                so you don't think the league players have a right to know about trades before they are run through ? I for one said nothing about collusion.....no need for attitude here some of us are wondering why these things aren't being posted on the league site and not getting email notifications......no big deal tho have at it

Comment

You guys want to go the waiver wire and playing not to lose way. Cool.

Trading away the best WR on the planet for an often injured TE and a suspended WR is "playing to lose".
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    Idk, I always get the emails, but then again, I'm the one who has to put them through.

I don't mind doing a mass-email to every league member after every trade. The "email league" tab can make that happen as quickly as posting it on here could.
                    what about trades pending I don't remember the trades now but week or so ago there were trades pending for a day or to on the league site...

Comment

so you don't think the league players have a right to know about trades before they are run through ? I for one said nothing about collusion.....no need for attitude here some of us are wondering why these things aren't being posted on the league site and not getting email notifications......no big deal tho have at it
                      You haven't, but others have suggested it in the past.
                      I don't mind trade reviews, and you and other posters are more than welcome to give your input.

Comment

what about trades pending I don't remember the trades now but week or so ago there were trades pending for a day or to on the league site...
                        I had to wait until week 1 was in the books, because people started the players involved with those trades, so they couldn't be put through as a result.

I mean, I can leave it pending for a day, but we don't have the majority approval thing in place, so it'd really just be unnecessary delay for both parties. If the email thing is an issue, I'm not really sure how to fix that for the league, especially since I get emails for any trades in every league. I could do that mass-email thing. It's not an issue at all. I can do right through the FF site. I would've done it this time, but I just posted it here instead.

Comment

You haven't, but others have suggested it in the past.
                          I don't mind trade reviews, and you and other posters are more than welcome to give your input.
                          all that has to happen is a wait period Idk 24 hours... post the trade as pending on the league site where every manager gets to look at it....why is this a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Trading away the best WR on the planet for an often injured TE and a suspended WR is "playing to lose".
                            I disagree.

Comment

all that has to happen is a wait period Idk 24 hours... post the trade as pending on the league site where every manager gets to look at it....why is this a problem
                              Ask Bill
                              I'm not sure about these things

Comment

No problem at all. Normally that's only done when a majority vote system is in place, which is why I wasn't doing that in all of the trades this year, but if that's what you guys want, we can do that.

I'd only request expedited trades when people need their trade targets for their lineup. Say someone accepted a trade on Sunday morning, I think it'd be fair to put that trade straight through, you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X