Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMB FF League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    So we are not adding the 4 players?
    I guess not. I didn't foresee it to be such a problem, or even worthy of much explanation. I thought it'd be welcomed, if anything.

    But, our league champ has some big concerns, and he's deserved a say.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

    Comment


    • Glad I already added someone this morning, lulz.

      I guess delete it?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Moke View Post
        Glad I already added someone this morning, lulz.

        I guess delete it?
        Yeah, just cancel your claims.

        Or add/drop.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          It's not a crutch for anyone. No one.

          You're right that it depletes the waiver pool. That I'll give you. But it helps no one disproportionately. Everyone has a stab at the same players. If these "bad managers" pick the right players (like you boast about from last year), then maybe they're not as bad as you think.

          But it appears the benches can't go back to the old size. I didn't think, at all, that there'd be any backlash to the decision, so I'm fine with the honors system. All transactions are posted on the front page, so if there's no add/drop, then you can't add the player.

          But again, it's not a crutch.

          You heard one poster happy about it because he thinks he had a bad draft. I'm afraid you will not find many experienced FF players who agree with you.

          And I'm honestly not bragging. I'm just telling you how good players get an a advantage with smaller rosters. Last year in our other league Byron took advantage of picking up Alfred Morris early on. Good players look at a bye week for one of their QB's and pick up a guy with a good matchup for that week. Its much less likely when so many players are on rosters. Same is true with defenses. You have a team playing Jax one week, you can pick them up. Its just the nuance of playing fantasy football.

          I've said my peace. I won't bring it up again. Lets just make the best of it.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Okay, I cancelled my waivers and I have now dropped a player and am adding one.

            I'd like to say, I really hope we are keeping the honors system here.

            It's going to be tough....but anyone you catch cheating, you should never invite to the league again.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              You heard one poster happy about it because he thinks he had a bad draft. I'm afraid you will not find many experienced FF players who agree with you.

              And I'm honestly not bragging. I'm just telling you how good players get an a advantage with smaller rosters. Last year in our other league Byron took advantage of picking up Alfred Morris early on. Good players look at a bye week for one of their QB's and pick up a guy with a good matchup for that week. Its much less likely when so many players are on rosters. Same is true with defenses. You have a team playing Jax one week, you can pick them up. Its just the nuance of playing fantasy football.

              I've said my peace. I won't bring it up again. Lets just make the best of it.
              And I understand the concerns, which is why I'm willing to compromise and monitor the system myself. The waiver pool will be depleted, and I fully understand that; your concern there is entirely legitimate. And you keep saying it favors poor teams. The fact of the matter is, we don't know for sure who the poor teams are -- so how can we conclude that they're disproportionately favored? We can't, because they aren't.

              But it's no problem. I'll just monitor it myself.

              Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Okay, I cancelled my waivers and I have now dropped a player and am adding one.

              I'd like to say, I really hope we are keeping the honors system here.

              It's going to be tough....but anyone you catch cheating, you should never invite to the league again.
              All transactions are posted on the front, so it's not hard to track at all. Everyone will see if someone picks up a player without dropping another. I won't kick someone out, but I'm pretty sure I can override it, or cut that FA myself.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                And I understand the concerns, which is why I'm willing to compromise and monitor the system myself. The waiver pool will be depleted, and I fully understand that; your concern there is entirely legitimate. And you keep saying it favors poor teams. The fact of the matter is, we don't know for sure who the poor teams are -- so how can we conclude that they're disproportionately favored? We can't, because they aren't.

                But it's no problem. I'll just monitor it myself.

                All transactions are posted on the front, so it's not hard to track at all. Everyone will see if someone picks up a player without dropping another. I won't kick someone out, but I'm pretty sure I can override it, or cut that FA myself.
                Thank you Bill

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  I guess not. I didn't foresee it to be such a problem, or even worthy of much explanation. I thought it'd be welcomed, if anything.

                  But, our league champ has some big concerns, and he's deserved a say.
                  OK - I added some this morning so I will just cancelthe transactions.

                  Comment


                  • this just gave me a headache reading. this is for message board bragging rights and is supposed to be fun. I understand bill's and morehead's points however the move in the first place should have been put to a vote exp cuz the draft was over had we known that there would be a bigger bench might have changed peoples draft strategy. anyway honor system shouldn't be a issue this is a non money league and is for talking **** to other board members and for bragging rights...

                    btw my ****ing lap tap crapped out on me right before draft started and it autopicked foster and Julio jones for me. lap tap also crapped out towards end and picked a d and kicker for me which I was saving for last 2 picks anyway **** happens lets have fun. I didn't wants foster at #3 but ill deal with it
                    sigpic
                    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                    2015 season tbd

                    Comment


                    • You don't want Foster at #3?

                      Would you like to package Foster and another WR for Calvin Johnson & someone else

                      Comment


                      • You don't want Foster?
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Those are 2 players I'd love to have on my team...surprised.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                            this just gave me a headache reading. this is for message board bragging rights and is supposed to be fun. I understand bill's and morehead's points however the move in the first place should have been put to a vote exp cuz the draft was over had we known that there would be a bigger bench might have changed peoples draft strategy. anyway honor system shouldn't be a issue this is a non money league and is for talking **** to other board members and for bragging rights...

                            btw my ****ing lap tap crapped out on me right before draft started and it autopicked foster and Julio jones for me. lap tap also crapped out towards end and picked a d and kicker for me which I was saving for last 2 picks anyway **** happens lets have fun. I didn't wants foster at #3 but ill deal with it
                            I don't want this league to be fun, I want it to be hostile, lol.

                            And Julio is the man. Make me an offer if you'd like. Foster's back worries me.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                            Comment


                            • what I meant by now wanting foster at #3 was I was going to draft someone else with that pick and I would have drafted Julio on my 2nd pick but didn't think he would make it that far
                              sigpic
                              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                              2015 season tbd

                              Comment


                              • Makes sense ryan, makes sense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X