I just got a trade offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a trade offer

Someone's offering me Keenan Allen and Giovanni Bernard for Andre Brown. I'm already a trade-happy mofo but I have my doubts on this one. Brown did well for us in his first week back, but he could get injured at the drop of a hat... but I think he's better in fantasy than Bernard since Brown is the Giants' only legit redzone option that isn't on IR right now...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Are you giving Gio and Allen or getting?

Comment

getting...

Comment

Wow, that's good value. I'd take it if I also needed receiver help, but yeah, Brown will probably be far more reliable than Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Wow, that's good value. I'd take it if I also needed receiver help, but yeah, Brown will probably be far more reliable than Bernard.
          He'll post reliable stats, but he has the potential to get injured... again. And my team is literally called Injured Reserve at this point, since 9 out of my first 10 draft picks have been put on IR or are inactive for multiple games due to injury... Hell I just changed my logo to that NFL Memes icon for Green Bay where their logo became the handicapped parking decal...

My RB situation is tenuous, with only Brown, Vereen, and Woodhead.

At receiver, I have a gaggle of WR2/3 ish people... Dobson, Kendall Wright, Randle, Hartline, Floyd (who i'm likely to drop if i take this deal)...
          Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-11-2013, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I'd do it.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Looking further, I play the guy who sent me this offer during Gio's bye. I would still have Vereen vs Denver and Woodhead vs KC... not the greatest matchups. On the other hand, he would be forced to start Anquan Boldin or James Jones against me with no Allen on his team...

Comment

I took it. If anything being off my fantasy roster means Brown is more likely to make it through the season. My roster is freaking cursed...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  I took it. If anything being off my fantasy roster means Brown is more likely to make it through the season. My roster is freaking cursed...
                  Maybe you should have a team of all non Giant NFC East players then.. lol
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Mock Draft
                  1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                  4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                  Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                    Maybe you should have a team of all non Giant NFC East players then.. lol
                    lol I DID start Foles the week he played dallas and eventually got concussed... also I had drafted Miles Austin too.

Comment

I'd do it, easy.

Bernard puts solid #s and Bengals are looking to run more too.

Allen is proving himself explosive.

Andre Brown is back 1 week...I'd be worried about consistency

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        lol I DID start Foles the week he played dallas and eventually got concussed... also I had drafted Miles Austin too.
                        haha that is bizarre... The trade FOR you is really good I think. Bernard is solid and Allen has been a top 10 WR lately
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

do it..

Comment

boy u have some morons if they make that trade...

do it toad, do it!

dont worry about the crap said about getting Bernard less carries, dudes a stud and the fact that the law firm sucked again, makes it even more obvious that they will be shifting the load back onto Gio

Plus Keen is a decent WR3 with upside.

do it!

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
                            1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
                            Giants 13

Comment

Guys, I already said I took the offer...

Comment

Working...
                              X