Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a second GMB league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any interest in a second GMB league?

    Just trying to gauge interest. This may not fill out, but so far it's:

    1. Me
    2. Strick
    3. Gen. Eli

    Anyone? I'd definitely want to get some money involved, even if it's only $5-$10, lol.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

  • #2
    Yeah I'm down for sure. Quick question... how's the money situation work? Set up a PayPal account or something along those lines?
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    ________________________________________________________
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    ________________________________________________________
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
      Yeah I'm down for sure. Quick question... how's the money situation work? Set up a PayPal account or something along those lines?
      We use a site named Leaguesafe in the other GMB league. I'm all for using that again, it's much safer, everyone knows where their money is, pays out the second the season ends, etc.

      I mean, we can do PayPal; it's not like I'd screw you guys over, but in leagues in which I don't commission, Leaguesafe-secured leagues are a must for me, so obviously I think it's worth it. I find that the negligible fees they charge are welllllll worth the peace of mind for all involved.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • #4
        I want to give others a chance who couldn't get into the other FF league


        but I mean if there's room.....
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • #5
          40% there
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • #6
            if its auction and theres space sure, what would be really awesome is to start a keeper/dynasty league
            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
            - Marshawn Lynch

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              We use a site named Leaguesafe in the other GMB league. I'm all for using that again, it's much safer, everyone knows where their money is, pays out the second the season ends, etc.

              I mean, we can do PayPal; it's not like I'd screw you guys over, but in leagues in which I don't commission, Leaguesafe-secured leagues are a must for me, so obviously I think it's worth it. I find that the negligible fees they charge are welllllll worth the peace of mind for all involved.
              The leaguesafe idea sounds good to me. I'm just hoping we can fill out the rest of the spots so we can get this going
              sigpic
              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
              ________________________________________________________
              Mock Draft
              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
              ________________________________________________________
              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                if its auction and theres space sure, what would be really awesome is to start a keeper/dynasty league
                I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                ________________________________________________________
                Mock Draft
                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                ________________________________________________________
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                  I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?
                  everyone gets 200 usually and everyone bids on each player as their nominated. I think if we changed it to 300 it would go alot faster because everyone could fill out their roster without waiting for it to get to the scraps and if its 100 it would lead to some really skillful budgeting to get a good team
                  "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                  - Marshawn Lynch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was thinking, maybe we should add one or two keepers. I've never done a keeper league before, but we have plans in another league of mine to transition into one next year.

                    And I'll do an auction if everyone is down for that. I plan on doing a bunch of Yahoo Pro20 auctions, so I'll just do one less of those.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                      I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?
                      Yeah, you're given $200 to build a team.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                        everyone gets 200 usually and everyone bids on each player as their nominated. I think if we changed it to 300 it would go alot faster because everyone could fill out their roster without waiting for it to get to the scraps and if its 100 it would lead to some really skillful budgeting to get a good team
                        That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

                        If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                          That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

                          If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?
                          No all sales are final, I had Brees in one and I accidently bid on stafford near the end of the process and I got stuck with him. Theres no monetary system for waivers just the auction it self. Auctions really suck with bots though.
                          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                          - Marshawn Lynch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                            That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

                            If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?
                            Nah, they just get added into the FA pool.

                            I actually just filled up an auction league that I run on another MB. I had 2 open spots for the longest time, but when I asked an hour ago if they'd be cool with me inviting some GMBers to fill it up, 2 other members stepped up to the plate and signed up.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              I was thinking, maybe we should add one or two keepers. I've never done a keeper league before, but we have plans in another league of mine to transition into one next year.

                              And I'll do an auction if everyone is down for that. I plan on doing a bunch of Yahoo Pro20 auctions, so I'll just do one less of those.
                              I'm in a keeper league with a fantasy draft. It's pretty cool I get one keeper from my team from the previous year. It makes things interesting especially if you have multiple people who would be a 1st round pick. Like I have Matt forte and I picked up Arian foster at the end of the year just in case he looks back to form I could choose to keep him over forte (doubt I do though bc forte is super solid)
                              sigpic
                              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Mock Draft
                              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X