Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a second GMB league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gurujot View Post
    No all sales are final, I had Brees in one and I accidently bid on stafford near the end of the process and I got stuck with him. Theres no monetary system for waivers just the auction it self. Auctions really suck with bots though.
    Dang that sounds interesting so it takes some real managing of money over the year!
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Nah, they just get added into the FA pool.

    I actually just filled up an auction league that I run on another MB. I had 2 open spots for the longest time, but when I asked an hour ago if they'd be cool with me inviting some GMBers to fill it up, 2 other members stepped up to the plate and signed up.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I would be down for an auction league for sure. Sounds interesting for sure. It would be fun to mix it up a little and do something like this
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

    Comment


    • #17
      So how do your keeper rules work? Do you have to sacrifice the round in which you initially drafted them, or do you just get a full helping of picks and the talent pool is just slimmer because of the other teams' keepers? For instance, I've seen questions for keeper leagues posed in this way:

      "Should I keep Alshon Jeffery for a 7th rounder, or Cordarelle Patterson for a 13th rounder?"
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • #18
        I don't know about auction, but if the league is normal draft and/or keeper and you're only one or two short, I might consider doing 2 leagues, but only if you can't get others... spread the love around and all that...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          So how do your keeper rules work? Do you have to sacrifice the round in which you initially drafted them, or do you just get a full helping of picks and the talent pool is just slimmer because of the other teams' keepers? For instance, I've seen questions for keeper leagues posed in this way:

          "Should I keep Alshon Jeffery for a 7th rounder, or Cordarelle Patterson for a 13th rounder?"
          Mine works like they are just excluded from the draft so it's like they are automatically on the roster and then you draft like usual but one less round.

          That should be really interesting though if it was based on round selected though. If you picked a real sleeper late who turned into a stud then you would have a real edge over everyone else lol
          sigpic
          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Mock Draft
          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
            Mine works like they are just excluded from the draft so it's like they are automatically on the roster and then you draft like usual but one less round.

            That should be really interesting though if it was based on round selected though. If you picked a real sleeper late who turned into a stud then you would have a real edge over everyone else lol
            Yeah, these are some of the details we'd have to work out.

            It's probably even more complicated with the auction, too.

            My thought on this is that, if we do a keeper and, say, PPR or .5PPR, let's not get too cute and make it an auction to boot, lol.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • #21
              I do a keeper that works a bit differently where everybody picks their favorite team and gets to use one guy from each position as a keeper, but the catch is that you need to keep atleast 5 guys from that roster on your team all year.
              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
              - Marshawn Lynch

              Comment


              • #22
                It varies from league to league. Typically you can retain players with the same pick ou drafted them with (which sometimes goes up one spot in each successive year). This method greatly rewards owners for hitting on sleepers.

                With auction leagues owners are usually able to retain their player/s by re-purchasing them at a pre-set, discounted rate (usually a percentage of their current ADP) using funds from their auction budget.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Yeah, these are some of the details we'd have to work out.

                  It's probably even more complicated with the auction, too.

                  My thought on this is that, if we do a keeper and, say, PPR or .5PPR, let's not get too cute and make it an auction to boot, lol.
                  I'd totally be down with that. I'm not in a ppr so that would be interesting. Keeper and a ppr or half ppr sounds perfect to me. Not too complicated for people and it is different from the main GMB league for the people who might be in both
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Mock Draft
                  1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                  4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'm trying to get my auction league count up, but I also want to get this league filled up. So what's the consensus on the auction? I'm all for it, but I don't think Generation Eli is -- and he's ready to buy people out in the other league; he's realllllly itching to play. Toadofsteel doesn't seem keen on the idea, either.

                    Or, alternative solution, would anyone in the other league want to sell to Generation Eli and join this league?
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      I'm trying to get my auction league count up, but I also want to get this league filled up. So what's the consensus on the auction? I'm all for it, but I don't think Generation Eli is -- and he's ready to buy people out in the other league; he's realllllly itching to play. Toadofsteel doesn't seem keen on the idea, either.

                      Or, alternative solution, would anyone in the other league want to sell to Generation Eli and join this league?
                      I'm good with whatever format we come up with. I think more people would prefer to do a ppr keeper kind of league because it seems easier to manage but whichever is more desired I will do. I just want to get in another league lol
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Mock Draft
                      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        I'm trying to get my auction league count up, but I also want to get this league filled up. So what's the consensus on the auction? I'm all for it, but I don't think Generation Eli is -- and he's ready to buy people out in the other league; he's realllllly itching to play. Toadofsteel doesn't seem keen on the idea, either.

                        Or, alternative solution, would anyone in the other league want to sell to Generation Eli and join this league?
                        Wait how much is he paying
                        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                        - Marshawn Lynch

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                          Wait how much is he paying
                          Anything is too much. Hell, he'd probably PayPal you $5 just to give up your spot; you could put that towards this wacky league, lol.

                          You didn't pay yet, so it'd be a pretty seamless transaction for you. Want me to set it up?
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Anything is too much. Hell, he'd probably PayPal you $5 just to give up your spot; you could put that towards this wacky league, lol.

                            You didn't pay yet, so it'd be a pretty seamless transaction for you. Want me to set it up?
                            naw, Ill probably pay tomorrow for the other one
                            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                            - Marshawn Lynch

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                              naw, Ill probably pay tomorrow for the other one
                              No prob. Let me know if you need help with the site.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I guess I would be fine trying out auction but not for any actual prize money... just to try out the format. ppr or no doesn't matter to me.

                                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X