No announcement yet.

Could Darrelle Revis or Alterraun Verner help Giants at cornerback? | Mailbag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Darrelle Revis or Alterraun Verner help Giants at cornerback? | Mailbag

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I wouldn't mind trying Revis at Safety

Comment

Yes, let's try an older player who has lost a step and is not physical at a position where he has never played in the NFL and where we have some nice young players.

Comment

Curious why he is still a FA. I know he isn't what he was, but still surprised no one has signed him. Maybe he is wanting too much $$? Article says he already gets 6 mill for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
          Curious why he is still a FA. I know he isn't what he was, but still surprised no one has signed him. Maybe he is wanting too much $$? Article says he already gets 6 mill for nothing.
          That guy has done a magnificent job of getting paid during his career. Might not be worth it for him at this point to be a backup for chump change (at least based upon what he has made in the past) ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Yes, let's try an older player who has lost a step and is not physical at a position where he has never played in the NFL and where we have some nice young players.
            It worked with Leon Hall.....It worked with Jason Sehorn....

News Flash..... Plenty of NFL corners have resurrected their careers switching to safety after "losing a step".

Charles Woodson & Rod Woodson comes to mind..... You're acting as if we're trying to convert some average CB...No, he is a HOF shutdown corner who can still contribute in limited snaps for a good team....

5 STARS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

It worked with Leon Hall.....It worked with Jason Sehorn....

News Flash..... Plenty of NFL corners have resurrected their careers switching to safety after "losing a step".

Charles Woodson & Rod Woodson comes to mind..... You're acting as if we're trying to convert some average CB...No, he is a HOF shutdown corner who can still contribute in limited snaps for a good team....

5 STARS!!!!!!!
              Yeah, Sehorn was terrific when he switched over to safety with the Rams! And Leon Hall ... what a success story! Who is he with now? The Pats?

Comment

Revis is done and for some reason probably still wants to be paid north of $8,000,000

Comment

That guy has done a magnificent job of getting paid during his career. Might not be worth it for him at this point to be a backup for chump change (at least based upon what he has made in the past) ....
                  He has supposedly already made $124,199,500. If that were me I would just hang it up and enjoy my life. He's healthy, will be in the HOF and has nothing left to prove, IMO.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...lle_revis.html

Comment

Yeah, Sehorn was terrific when he switched over to safety with the Rams! And Leon Hall ... what a success story! Who is he with now? The Pats?

So, you'd rather have Nat Berhe and Mychell Thompson as backups? The Glass brothers?

Revis was exceptional at corner and people are saying he lost a step....even an average Revis is a better option than those two guys......I'd take Revis as my nickel corner over the guys we've been using the past several years.....

But hey...I could post stats to back up the facts, but our backups have NO STATS

Comment

Now looking at the stats......it's not close.

Trevin Wade defended more passes, but that is because everyone is going to throw at him. QB's are still more reluctant to throw at Revis. He brings vet savvy, and Vets know how to get in position to make plays when their bodies fail...

Notice you totally ignore the Woodson guys......

2002 - Sehorn had 2 INT's at Safety....Guess how many INT's our current crop of FS have in the NFL

Comment

Now looking at the stats......it's not close.

Trevin Wade defended more passes, but that is because everyone is going to throw at him. QB's are still more reluctant to throw at Revis. He brings vet savvy, and Vets know how to get in position to make plays when their bodies fail...

Notice you totally ignore the Woodson guys......

2002 - Sehorn had 2 INT's at Safety....Guess how many INT's our current crop of FS have in the NFL
                        How much are you willing to pay Revis?

Comment

I wouldn't mind trying Revis at Safety
                          Me neither but we can't afford him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Me neither but we can't afford him.
                            Just the fact that no one has signed him yet indicates he is not looking to play on the cheap.

Comment

How much are you willing to pay Revis?
                              You can't put a price on respect....He may want to play for the only team that can beat his arch nemesis Patriots. If Revis is still looking for a payday at this stage of his career, then let him retire......But if he takes Leon Hall money, sign him.

He also has insight into the Patriots defense, which could help us.

Comment

Working...
                              X