Revis as Leon Hall role?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revis as Leon Hall role?

As a number 4 corner I think he can be a huge asset for this team on a one year deal. Can't have enough cover guys. With the lack of demand he can come in on the cheap too.

I would have loved for the Giants to make a move for him - particularly as extra CB or Safety - but I don't think they can afford him.

Comment

Actually I heard the Giants want him and can afford him......but the only thing holding them back is the league has a stipulation if they do sign him they're required to change their name to the 2016 New York Jets......

Comment

I wish we just brought Hall back, but yeah I'd take Revis for that role in a heartbeat right now too

Comment

I think Revis, like most of the higher end vets still available are waiting for a team to suffer injuries in camp this way he can leverage them for a better contract. Why would he sign here for cheap when he can wait for some CB hungry team to get desperate and get starter money and be a starter again>?
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
            I think Revis, like most of the higher end vets still available are waiting for a team to suffer injuries in camp this way he can leverage them for a better contract. Why would he sign here for cheap when he can wait for some CB hungry team to get desperate and get starter money and be a starter again>?
            I agree with this
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The Revis haters must be on July 4th holiday today...But I'm pretty sure they will show up eventually.

hahahaha

No way a future HOF is no longer capable of contributing on a championship caliber team....
              Last edited by Gee718; 07-05-2017, 04:28 PM.
              Long Live the King

Comment

Revis will sign for the veteran minimum, why can't the giants afford him?

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                  Revis will sign for the veteran minimum, why can't the giants afford him?
                  Who says that Revis will sign for the veteran minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Who says that Revis will sign for the veteran minimum?
                    Teams aren't exactly lining up to throw money at him.. He also has $6 million owed to him by the jets just for this year. If he signs somewhere the jets get credited back the difference or all of it if some team was stupid enough to throw money at him. If he wants to win he will sign somewhere on the cheap.. if hes about the money, it would make sense to sit out this year, collect $6 million and see if someone will sign him next year. I don't think a player of his caliber has fallen off as quickly as he has so you would think he would sign with a team because he wants to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

Teams aren't exactly lining up to throw money at him.. He also has $6 million owed to him by the jets just for this year. If he signs somewhere the jets get credited back the difference or all of it if some team was stupid enough to throw money at him. If he wants to win he will sign somewhere on the cheap.. if hes about the money, it would make sense to sit out this year, collect $6 million and see if someone will sign him next year. I don't think a player of his caliber has fallen off as quickly as he has so you would think he would sign with a team because he wants to win.
                      He seems to like money a lot. Also, is he going to be ok with a backup job?

Doesn't make sense to me to sign him to any type of big money deal. No harm in bringing him in on the cheap I guess though.

Comment

Why would he come here and earn 6m when he could stay home and still earn 6m? That offset clause in his Jets contract has ended his career.

Comment

Revis Is a head case I am not interested Hopefully the Giants aren't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                            Revis Is a head case I am not interested Hopefully the Giants aren't either.
                            When did Revis become a head case? The guy has always been a pro and he has had one media incident, which IMO, was not his fault.

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

When did Revis become a head case? The guy has always been a pro and he has had one media incident, which IMO, was not his fault.
                              Revis Island...

Comment

Working...
                              X