No announcement yet.

Revis as Leon Hall role?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revis Island is something the media makes up. There are no CBs that actually exist like that.

That said, he is a smart and tough player and businessman. He's not going to play for the league min and he doesn't give a crap about taking a discount to win a championship. It's a job, he plays it for money. If he isn't offered a deal he wants he won't play. He's be an upgrade to our secondary in a split second but I just don't see the numbers working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Revis Island is something the media makes up. There are no CBs that actually exist like that.

That said, he is a smart and tough player and businessman. He's not going to play for the league min and he doesn't give a crap about taking a discount to win a championship. It's a job, he plays it for money. If he isn't offered a deal he wants he won't play. He's be an upgrade to our secondary in a split second but I just don't see the numbers working.
      That is the problem. I don't see the value of bring him in to be number 4 for what he is going to want.

IMO: He is going to get paid by a team, not until a starter on a team is out for the season.

I think where it stand now he makes 6 million no matter what, the jets pay. Lets say he signs for with a team. The Jets are obligated to pay the remainder a of any money up to 6 million. If he sings for 6 or more the jets are off the hook.

If the Giants could get him cheep , under 2-3 for a season. Its a no brainier. I think he is going to want more then 6 , why wouldn't he . He makes that doing nothing.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post
        Why would he come here and earn 6m when he could stay home and still earn 6m? That offset clause in his Jets contract has ended his career.
        exactly..in his shoes, i would want atleast 10mil
        That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Working...
        X