Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mario Williams is a FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mario Williams is a FA

    Didn't realize this until now. If the price was right, this could be a quality rotational player all over the line.
    Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

  • #2
    Doubt if the price will be right. Somebody has a need and will take a chance on him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Was just about to post this. As mentioned, the price has to be right, but adding a player like Williams would be tremendous. We'd have a true rotation at DE, and in passing situations would be able to create considerable mismatches. Besides the overall talent at OL, DL depth is our biggest need in my opinion. A player of Williams caliber, even at his age, would have an immediate impact and would be a benefit for both JPP and Vernon.

      http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...for-the-Giants
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

      Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

      Comment


      • #4
        I bet somebody comes in here and says he's finished. usually the same person that hasn't watched a game since they wore leather helmets.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          I bet somebody comes in here and says he's finished. usually the same person that hasn't watched a game since they wore leather helmets.
          Please provide an analysis of his play last year in Miami and your opinion as to what he has left and how he can help this team.

          Comment


          • #6
            Interesting to speculate about, but it will come down to $$s. How much would the Giants be willing to spend on a rotational DE? I doubt it will be in the 8-9 million range.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
              Interesting to speculate about, but it will come down to $$s. How much would the Giants be willing to spend on a rotational DE? I doubt it will be in the 8-9 million range.
              I doubt it too, and for that much I'd pass. The idea of having him on the team is enticing, though.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

              Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                Please provide an analysis of his play last year in Miami and your opinion as to what he has left and how he can help this team.
                lol ... crickets while he furiously Googles ....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                  lol ... crickets while he furiously Googles ....
                  Too bad there isn't a site like celebritynetworth.com that makes it easy...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                    Too bad there isn't a site like celebritynetworth.com that makes it easy...
                    Ha!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                      Please provide an analysis of his play last year in Miami and your opinion as to what he has left and how he can help this team.
                      I have no clue what he did last year, honestly. Generally speaking though, I'd be willing to bet a DE would perform better as the #3 DE in a rotation on our DL than a DE being the #1 or #2 option on Miami's DL. I also wouldn't sign Williams with expectations of him being a pro-bowler. I'd sign him with expectations of him being a situational player, which would allow him to stay fresh and play in situations that will allow him to constantly attack.

                      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                      Rd 1
                      Garrett Bolles - OT
                      David Njoku - TE
                      Zach Cunningham - OLB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                        Too bad there isn't a site like celebritynetworth.com that makes it easy...

                        Somebody still hurt that they were proven wrong yet again...So you take your hurt from one thread and let it carry over into another unrelated thread....And then you quote your alias to make your points.

                        You really need to find something better to do with your free time, because trolling is not your forte


                        hahahaha
                        Last edited by Gee718; 07-10-2017, 05:19 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                          I have no clue what he did last year, honestly. Generally speaking though, I'd be willing to bet a DE would perform better as the #3 DE in a rotation on our DL than a DE being the #1 or #2 option on Miami's DL. I also wouldn't sign Williams with expectations of him being a pro-bowler. I'd sign him with expectations of him being a situational player, which would allow him to stay fresh and play in situations that will allow him to constantly attack.
                          He was actually a disaster for the Dolphins last year. Got paid $8.5M, finished with 1.5 sacks, got called out by the coaching staff for needing to play harder, lost his starting job, was a healthy scratch for the last game of the season and got 5 snaps during their one playoff game.

                          For a cheap, no risk deal anyone is worth a look, but I wouldn't give this guy a bunch of money.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gee718 View Post


                            Somebody still hurt that they were proven wrong yet again...So you take your hurt from one thread and let it carry over into another unrelated thread....And then you quote your alias to make your points.

                            You really need to find something better to do with your free time, because trolling is not your forte


                            hahahaha
                            What is your analysis of Williams' play last year?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                              He was actually a disaster for the Dolphins last year. Got paid $8.5M, finished with 1.5 sacks, got called out by the coaching staff for needing to play harder, lost his starting job, was a healthy scratch for the last game of the season and got 5 snaps during their one playoff game.

                              For a cheap, no risk deal anyone is worth a look, but I wouldn't give this guy a bunch of money.
                              I just realized you and I were discussing this on the other thread in the main site too. Pretty funny.

                              Was he hurt last year by chance? He's getting old, but 32 isn't ancient by any means. He's also 2 years removed from having back to back 13+ sack seasons, and has had dips in production in the past.

                              Again, generally speaking, I think certain situations play a big role in how players perform. Not to say that's a good quality, as players should play well/hard no matter what, but it wouldn't surprise me if playing for Miami isn't ideal. Maybe, as a veteran, Williams knew it was a lost cause and just collected checks? Maybe coming to a team with true potential and proven players already established will revitalize his career.

                              Tons of maybe's and "what if's," but I've seen similar situations before and think it may be worth the risk.
                              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                              Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X