Mario Williams is a FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

I just realized you and I were discussing this on the other thread in the main site too. Pretty funny.

Was he hurt last year by chance? He's getting old, but 32 isn't ancient by any means. He's also 2 years removed from having back to back 13+ sack seasons, and has had dips in production in the past.

Again, generally speaking, I think certain situations play a big role in how players perform. Not to say that's a good quality, as players should play well/hard no matter what, but it wouldn't surprise me if playing for Miami isn't ideal. Maybe, as a veteran, Williams knew it was a lost cause and just collected checks? Maybe coming to a team with true potential and proven players already established will revitalize his career.

Tons of maybe's and "what if's," but I've seen similar situations before and think it may be worth the risk.
    All depends on the price I guess ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What is your analysis of Williams' play last year?
      lol ... still crickets. Keep Googling ... I'm sure you'll find something!!
      Last edited by TCHOF; 07-11-2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Somebody still hurt that they were proven wrong yet again...So you take your hurt from one thread and let it carry over into another unrelated thread....And then you quote your alias to make your points.

You really need to find something better to do with your free time, because trolling is not your forte

hahahaha
        Lol. Just the fact that you quote sites like that to "prove" your point just shows you are delusional. Still waiting to see what you dig up on Williams though.

Comment

He was actually a disaster for the Dolphins last year. Got paid $8.5M, finished with 1.5 sacks, got called out by the coaching staff for needing to play harder, lost his starting job, was a healthy scratch for the last game of the season and got 5 snaps during their one playoff game.

For a cheap, no risk deal anyone is worth a look, but I wouldn't give this guy a bunch of money.
          He also quit on his team when he was with the bills.. he could be worth a flier on a small one year deal but no team is going to throw a bunch of money at him in the middle of July.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

He also quit on his team when he was with the bills.. he could be worth a flier on a small one year deal but no team is going to throw a bunch of money at him in the middle of July.
            I agree.

I haven't seen any reports of interest in him at all (doesn't mean there haven't been any reports - I just haven't seen them)
            Last edited by TCHOF; 07-12-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I asked one of my cousins who has been a dolphins fan for over 40 years about Mario Williams. I honestly did not see enough dolphins football to have a fully educated opinion. That's why I asked a SME. My cousin stated that he had a horrible season, complained about coaches about his role, got benched ultimately, was nearly cut during the season. Anyways, I would pass on adding Mario Williams to our team, mainly because a younger and hungrier option as a rotational DE most likely will be found during camps and the preseason.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                I asked one of my cousins who has been a dolphins fan for over 40 years about Mario Williams. I honestly did not see enough dolphins football to have a fully educated opinion. That's why I asked a SME. My cousin stated that he had a horrible season, complained about coaches about his role, got benched ultimately, was nearly cut during the season. Anyways, I would pass on adding Mario Williams to our team, mainly because a younger and hungrier option as a rotational DE most likely will be found during camps and the preseason.
                Good to get insight from a Dolphins fan who watched him play. Good post

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  Good input. An expensive older player on the downside of his career with an attitude problem. Don't think that's what the Giants are looking for in a rotational DE.

Comment

he got cut out by Rex in Buffalo, but then his performance really dropped in Miami. only at vet minimum would I take a chance on this guy

Comment

He was actually a disaster for the Dolphins last year. Got paid $8.5M, finished with 1.5 sacks, got called out by the coaching staff for needing to play harder, lost his starting job, was a healthy scratch for the last game of the season and got 5 snaps during their one playoff game.

For a cheap, no risk deal anyone is worth a look, but I wouldn't give this guy a bunch of money.
                      Not like he would be a starter just a bench player back up who gives the Starters a rest once in a while. Couldn't hurt to give him a cheap deal and a look see in camp and pre season, if he stinks we cut him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

Yes. It was actually theft what he did to the Bills. Maybe he has something left but he was not liked in the locker room and seemed extremely difficult to motivate. I cannot recall a play he made the last time NYG went into Buffalo 2 seasons ago. This Giants team seems to have camaraderie and I don't want to see a moody player upset the tea kettle. In all seriousness I would take Okwara over him.

Comment

Working...
                        X