Austin Howard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Howard

I'll be that guy for a sec and ask is he worth a look? Apparently he's been a starter for 5 years, playing through injury all of last year. Anyone now much about him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-the-raiders/

I know the Raiders have a very good OL, so I'm wondering if he's just getting pushed out by younger, cheaper talent.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I'll be that guy for a sec and ask is he worth a look? Apparently he's been a starter for 5 years, playing through injury all of last year. Anyone now much about him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-the-raiders/

I know the Raiders have a very good OL, so I'm wondering if he's just getting pushed out by younger, cheaper talent.
    The issue with him and I would be fine with bringing him in, but the Raiders just cut him and are giving Marshall Newhouse the starting RT job over him. He has had a lot of injuries so maybe thats the problem. But losing your job to Newhouse is a red flag to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

The issue with him and I would be fine with bringing him in, but the Raiders just cut him and are giving Marshall Newhouse the starting RT job over him. He has had a lot of injuries so maybe thats the problem. But losing your job to Newhouse is a red flag to me.
      glowing brightly!!!

Comment

Now that's funny, didn't realize that was the case. I take back what I said.

Although, I did like Newhouse at OG when he stepped in this year. Thought he was a much better OG than OT. Got some good push in the running game.
        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
        Garrett Bolles - OT
        David Njoku - TE
        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

It is a great point. Newhouse was an Hit or miss player at RT. He hit some blocks, he missed some. He was a serviceable as an O-line men. If the Raiders feel he is the better choice. It did not seem to be a money issue . .So it had to be his ability. Like you said it is a red flag. I say let the Jets sign him.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

The Raiders are like my second favorite team, no Howard is probably the same as Hart honestly!

Comment

/thread
              If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Working...
              X