If I'm Jerry Reese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Jerry Reese

I call the Bills and make a very strong push for Shady McCoy. They're having a firesale and I don't mind giving up a 2 for him.

I'm not sold on Perkins at all. Don't think he's dynamic enough.

You have to be pretty dynamic RB when the opposing defense is in the backfield before you reach the line of scrimmage. A better term might be magic.

Did you see John Jerry get literally pushed into Perkins in the backfield last night?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
      You have to be pretty dynamic RB when the opposing defense is in the backfield before you reach the line of scrimmage. A better term might be magic.

Did you see John Jerry get literally pushed into Perkins in the backfield last night?
      Yes all the people screaming about they should of signed Blount don't realize this. Sure being a Vet Blount would have better vision to find what little running room there is, but overall with a line like ours it would of been a waste of money to sign him
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

we need to give up whatever we have to and get some decent blockers. i could play running back for dallas and look better than adrian peterson would behind the giants o line. its a damn crying shame how ****ty our running game looks.

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
          we need to give up whatever we have to and get some decent blockers. i could play running back for dallas and look better than adrian peterson would behind the giants o line. its a damn crying shame how ****ty our running game looks.

This goes beyond the players. It has to be coaching. No matter who is on the field the same problems are there. Can't pass protect, Can't zone block. This has been going on for since last pre season. At least when Pat Flaherty was the O-line coach. The team had some assemblance of pass protection. Is it the HC, OC or OLC where the issues are originating from?
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

This goes beyond the players. It has to be coaching. No matter who is on the field the same problems are there. Can't pass protect, Can't zone block. This has been going on for since last pre season. At least when Pat Flaherty was the O-line coach. The team had some assemblance of pass protection. Is it the HC, OC or OLC where the issues are originating from?
            Then they should fire him now before it's too late. Bring in someone that can shake things up and make them uncomfortable. These guys bare to complacent. They know no matter how terrible they play they still won't lose their starting job
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Then they should fire him now before it's too late. Bring in someone that can shake things up and make them uncomfortable. These guys bare to complacent. They know no matter how terrible they play they still won't lose their starting job
              I really wanted to believe it was going to be different. Richburg and Jerry going back to LeCharles Bentley camp. Heart and Flowers in the training facility all off season , Pugh wanting to become the wealthiest person on the planet. All seemed to be motivated.

It looks to be the same, they still can't graduate from the we suck scale to the we stink scale . The tackles are a bit better. None of them have shown that can play as a unit. That is the most mind blogging. They look like they have never played together. It has to be on the coaching staff. The "Firm inside pocket" keeps collapsing . There is no hole for a back to squeak through. It is exactly the same as what was seen last season. It has to be on coaching or a flawed blocking system.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I really wanted to believe it was going to be different. Richburg and Jerry going back to LeCharles Bentley camp. Heart and Flowers in the training facility all off season , Pugh wanting to become the wealthiest person on the planet. All seemed to be motivated.

It looks to be the same, they still can't graduate from the we suck scale to the we stink scale . The tackles are a bit better. None of them have shown that can play as a unit. That is the most mind blogging. They look like they have never played together. It has to be on the coaching staff. The "Firm inside pocket" keeps collapsing . There is no hole for a back to squeak through. It is exactly the same as what was seen last season. It has to be on coaching or a flawed blocking system.
                Whatever it is they need to correct it as a coaching staff and if the players can't get better then get rid of them and get better Players. To be together thidong and look like you never have played along side each other something is radically wrong

The GM and Coaches get paid big money to fix this stuff and it's almost like they have done nothing at all it's so bad

Sadly we were making these same threads the last two offseasons yet nothing is different

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Just want to take a moment to Thank jerry Reese for not picking thae kicker number 2 in the draft. Thank You jerry. Well done! Could you imagine this board if jerry had picked the guy>>>

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/nfl-...en-draft-busts

Comment

in that case, we cant get a new oline coach fast enough. because theres no way we could look worse in the running game than we did in the first pre season game. or the entire last season for that matter. so sick of seeing this worst in the league running game. GARBAGE

its as bad as watching the piss poor linebacking corps they have had for the past few years. which finally seems to be getting a lot better last year and especially this year i hope.

im sick of the damn o line caving in on EVERY DAMN SINGLE PLAY. EVERY DAMN PLAY!!!!

i just want my team to look like a football team. this oline does not look like an nfl line. just run one damn play against a real 1st string defense where u dont look absolutely stupid. 1 DAMN PLAY FFS!!! why the hell are you just caving in right off the damn snap. are you fng kidding me!!!!?????

as soon as i saw that halfassed lame o line in action i was done with the high hopes. this is not fun to watch at all. esp when the rest of the team looks so promising.

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
                      in that case, we cant get a new oline coach fast enough. because theres no way we could look worse in the running game than we did in the first pre season game. or the entire last season for that matter. so sick of seeing this worst in the league running game. GARBAGE

its as bad as watching the piss poor linebacking corps they have had for the past few years. which finally seems to be getting a lot better last year and especially this year i hope.

im sick of the damn o line caving in on EVERY DAMN SINGLE PLAY. EVERY DAMN PLAY!!!!

i just want my team to look like a football team. this oline does not look like an nfl line. just run one damn play against a real 1st string defense where u dont look absolutely stupid. 1 DAMN PLAY FFS!!! why the hell are you just caving in right off the damn snap. are you fng kidding me!!!!?????

as soon as i saw that halfassed lame o line in action i was done with the high hopes. this is not fun to watch at all. esp when the rest of the team looks so promising.
                      a post with only complaints and offers no solution is useless drivel. what would you do right now to fix it?

the title of the thread is "if i'm jerry reese"... so according to your post if you're jerry reese you would sit at home on your computer whine and complain and spew negativity? sheesh..glad you aren't the GM!

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                        I call the Bills and make a very strong push for Shady McCoy. They're having a firesale and I don't mind giving up a 2 for him.

I'm not sold on Perkins at all. Don't think he's dynamic enough.
                        If I'm Jerry reese, i contact every GM in the league and let them know I'm serious about a trade for a top tier Olineman and see if anyone is willing at all to even discuss possibilities..... someone may need a DE TE or WR more than they need an Olineman. If i can find a win win trade, I'm willing to give up something............. I'd consider to possibly trade one of my top tier guys in order to get a top tier Olineman...... whoever i trade i can hopefully replace in next years draft....but my team improves this year...that would be my line of thinking......... i'd consider how much drop off as team i get by losing one of my top guys versus how much improvement i get in return by getting a top tier o lineman. I'm looking for a center guard or tackle...any of them that is a significant improvement will be considered. I'm willing to be on the wrong side of the trade value wise a little bit, since beggars can't be choosy, but at the same time I'm not giving away the store......... BUt i'm waiting until after a few more preseason games and getting my coaches input before i do anything.... we have to believe wholeheartedly that the move is a significant upgrade FOR THE TEAM as a whole.... I'm willing to let go of 2nd level guys like e flowers, will tye, or even a guy like jerell adams as part of any deal.... i'd even consider some other number ones if i had adequate replacements on the roster already and i got something better in return..... aggressively actively looking to make a trade happen is the first step......... it's not JR's style though.... so don't hold your breath! lol

the reason i'd contact every Gm all at once is to let them all make me an offer... u never know... you may get one you like... its like buying a house... most will be overpriced and you pass...but you have to shop around to find the right fit....someone may offer you something with value in it if you shop around.....
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-17-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X