Lamar Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamar Jackson

Stats wise, The Dude is FAR better than Micheal Vick was as both a passer and a runner.

The guys ia one man offense.

Does anybody remember Michael vick when he was with atlanta? Vick single handedly won games for one for the worst teams in the league.

What about what aaron rodgers does for green bay with his mobility? makes first downs and scores Tds that other QBs simply do not have the talent to make.all the time.

This guy would completely change the offense in a good way IMO.

If jackson is there for us. I say we have to take him.

The only question is durability, as he is skinny. But a guy that fast should not get cleanly hit, same as Michael vick... never took a clean hit because of his quickness.

the dude would so much fun to watch for years to come.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...jackson-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ml#all_rushing

jackson's stats are far superior (per year) than vics

vick said that jackson is five times better than he was.

The guy could be truly generational. I can't see us passing the guy up if he is there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ive-seen-to-me

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBx2rostYBk

Comment

Have you ever seen him interviewed?

Comment

5 times better than michael vick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVpXL3NdnKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWjIAq71lzE

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
            Stats wise, The Dude is FAR better than Micheal Vick was as both a passer and a runner.

The guys ia one man offense.

Does anybody remember Michael vick when he was with atlanta? Vick single handedly won games for one for the worst teams in the league.

What about what aaron rodgers does for green bay with his mobility? makes first downs and scores Tds that other QBs simply do not have the talent to make.all the time.

This guy would completely change the offense in a good way IMO.

If jackson is there for us. I say we have to take him.

The only question is durability, as he is skinny. But a guy that fast should not get cleanly hit, same as Michael vick... never took a clean hit because of his quickness.

the dude would so much fun to watch for years to come.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...jackson-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ml#all_rushing

jackson's stats are far superior (per year) than vics

vick said that jackson is five times better than he was.

The guy could be truly generational. I can't see us passing the guy up if he is there.

Most QBs who run around do so for the worst teams in the league. That's not a coincidence, it's a prerequisite.

Also, Vick never singlehandedly won any professional football game ever.

ps - also better than Vick is hardly an endorsement. It's more like damning with faint praise

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Have you ever seen him interviewed?
              no why? is he a moron? lol

vick was a moron too though

Comment

There's a saying in cricket where someone is accused of being a "flat track bully". It means a batsman who puts up huge scores when conditions are in his favour. From what I've seen of Jackson that's him. Puts up video game numbers against bad teams but production drops like a stone when anything goes against him.

That said I do hope whoever is the next QB has that sort of mobility.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Most QBs who run around do so for the worst teams in the league. That's not a coincidence, it's a prerequisite.

Also, Vick never singlehandedly won any professional football game ever.

technically if you want to be like that...but you know what it means...
                  as singlehandedly as any football player we've ever seen. lay off with the BS

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

technically if you want to be like that...but you know what it means...
                    as singlehandedly as any football player we've ever seen. lay off with the BS
                    True, I knew what you meant.

My point is that like post #8, players that have to run around and do everything rarely excel on good teams. They aren't built for that, they're built for running around and gathering up meaningless stats on a crappy team. and you sure don't build championship around guys like that.

Tebow, Manziel, Griffin, good stats, bad QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post
                      There's a saying in cricket where someone is accused of being a "flat track bully". It means a batsman who puts up huge scores when conditions are in his favour. From what I've seen of Jackson that's him. Puts up video game numbers against bad teams but production drops like a stone when anything goes against him.

That said I do hope whoever is the next QB has that sort of mobility.
                      interesting point. TY. I don't know how much more true that is for jackson as any other QB. need enough blocking and WR help etc. in order to succeed...but it is a fair point and something to look at ...no prospect is perfect. I would wonder though if it is His talent or the talent around/lack of talent in his competition that makes him a star. suppose that would have to be quantified somehow. Fair criticism for sure.

Comment

I don't see him getting drafted under our current Regime. They would take Rosen or the kid from USC. Now if we get a new GM, then anything is possible.

But to be the face of this Franchise, you need to be on point ON and OFF the field....No wiggle room on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

True, I knew what you meant.

My point is that like post #8, players that have to run around and do everything rarely excel on good teams. They aren't built for that, they're built for running around and gathering up meaningless stats on a crappy team. and you sure don't build championship around guys like that.

Tebow, Manziel, Griffin, good stats, bad QBs
                          i get it... but manziel was a crack head...so he does not count. griffin i never thought was all that good...had a bit of success with washington, but he is nowhere near the level of talent that jackson appears to be. I could be wrong. it just appears to me that jackson Is THAT good. The other guy is josh rosen..but he isn't mobile.... so i cant get behind him for the WCO. Jackson OTOH appears like he is taylor made for this version of the WCO.

i love tebow but the guy could not throw a pass to save his life. jackson can throw really well from what i can tell.

bottom line: ya never know, but for our particular offense we are running, i can't imagine a much better QB prospect especially considering darnold likely stays in school, and how darnold has been struggling.

i think when you are picking that high, you have an aging QB you have to go for it. just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                            I don't see him getting drafted under our current Regime. They would take Rosen or the kid from USC. Now if we get a new GM, then anything is possible.

But to be the face of this Franchise, you need to be on point ON and OFF the field....No wiggle room on that.
                            PR department teach him to say all the usual spin ...pretend to be humble all that j*** LOL

Comment

NO! Would rather develop Davis Webb! Lamar and Saquon Barkley are the most explosive players in College Football love watching them on Saturdays but NO he is NOT what we need!

Comment

Working...
                              X