Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

Remember u said this when the draft comes around
    legit prospect. don't care if he pans out or not. love the talent as a prospect.

Comment

Is sam darnold fools gold?

that throwing motion is a real concern.... hwhat if he is like a byron windmill leftwich type of a guy?>>>>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...league-history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUwSroXdU0E <<< byron The windmill leftwich highlights... watch this throwing motion

compare to darnold>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpcTOOhDbA&t=405s

compare to aaron rodgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYtXiYX_6ds

davis webb has a short motion and quick release FWIW

what say you fellas?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SO98lDWKu4

if you care to watch lamar jackson throw.... there is a vid

Comment

Lamar Jackson*, QB, Louisville
          Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
          Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
          Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

10/12/17: In 2017, Jackson has completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,990 yards with 14 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has also taken 91 carries for 510 yards and seven rushing touchdowns. Jackson has an amazing skill set with a powerful arm that allows him to make throws off platform that many NFL quarterbacks couldn't even dream of making. He is tough in the pocket, knows his scheme well, with amazing athleticism and speed as a runner. Jackson looks like a taller version of Michael Vick.

In speaking with a general manager who has scouted Jackson this season, he said this, "[The Cardinals] depend on him too much, and he's trying to do it all. I think he has a learning curve. He will need the right system and right coach, but he's super-talented. [Jackson] suffers with accuracy issues."

Jackson was inaccurate in the first half against Clemson in Week 3, completing only 8-of-20 passes for 83 yards. In the second half, however, he racked up garbage-time yards and completions against backups as Louisville lost 47-21. Jackson completed 21-of-42 passes for 317 yards with three touchdowns and one interception.

7/17/17: Jackson set college football on fire in 2016 while winning the Heisman Trophy. He was a massive point-producer for the Cardinals. Jackson completed 56 percent of his passes for 3,543 yards with 30 touchdowns and nine interceptions on the year. He also ran for 21 touchdowns and 1,571 yards while averaging six yards per carry.

Jackson has a good athletic skill set, but will need to show more accuracy and pocket-passing skills in 2017. He also faces some size concerns and needs to add weight. Teams do feel that Jackson has a ton of athletic ability and upside to grow. He also has gotten good early reviews for his character, leadership and toughness.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz4vJOrzhYU

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Comment

"Jackson has an amazing skill set with a powerful arm that allows him to make throws off platform that many NFL quarterbacks couldn't even dream of making."

"He will need the right system and right coach, but he's super-talented. [Jackson] suffers with accuracy issues.""

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz4vJWGbh6T

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

that is what walter football said about him. That is what i see when i watch him. I think walter football over exaggerates it. I don't know if he is aaron rodgers, but he does have some of that ability that the other QBs simply do not have. I just think he is the perfect fit for the WCO that we are running. If he succeeds on the NFL level(noone ever knows with any draft pick), he would completely change our offense. I really think the kids athletic abilities are beyond rare. One of a kind. Is he intelligent enough? Is he enough of a leader? Does he need to be the face of the franchise? i dunno. But anyone that says he does not have the talent is a nutter.
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

2. Cleveland Browns: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

If the Browns don't get their you-know-what together, a new coach could be helping to pick the new quarterback. Deshone Kizer has looked lost as a rookie and was recently benched. The coaching staff did him no favors, but if Cleveland is picking No. 2, it seems fair to look at the quarterback crop. There are some questions about whether Sam Darnold will declare for the draft, and Lamar Jackson looks like the better prospect anyway.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffal...arterback.html

L. Jackson better than Darnold as a prospect? that guys says yes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                Baker Mayfield....besides the dumb arrest for public intoxication...looks like a real deal QB prospect>>>>

should have enough mobility to evade some pass rushers & extend plays, one would hope.....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...17-video-game/
                Oh god no. Mayfield may be my least favorite QB in this class. The only thing I like about him is his mobility. I absolutely hate the offense he runs, he's son ****ing ****y (not confident, ****ing ****y), and when I watch him all I see is a guy that will be a bust. I want NO PART of him.

Comment

I like Jackson a lot. If we have a top three pick there are only 3 guys I would take.

1. Saquon Barkley
                  2. Lamar Jackson
                  3. Josh Rosen

And Rosen was a new addition to the list. I think Barkley and Jackson are the 2 guys that can make the biggest impact on this team if they were drafted. Like someone had said before. I don't see this being the the regime that would pick a guy like Jackson, but if changes happen that make it a possibility, I would be totally behind it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jackson is better than RG3, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, and Dak Prescott were coming out and has shown me more passing than any of them did. His arm strength is match only by Newton but his speed and agility dwarfs them all and his ceiling as a passer is higher than them all.
                  Last edited by GoDeep13; 10-13-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                    I like Jackson a lot. If we have a top three pick there are only 3 guys I would take.

1. Saquon Barkley
                    2. Lamar Jackson
                    3. Josh Rosen

And Rosen was a new addition to the list. I think Barkley and Jackson are the 2 guys that can make the biggest impact on this team if they were drafted. Like someone had said before. I don't see this being the the regime that would pick a guy like Jackson, but if changes happen that make it a possibility, I would be totally behind it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jackson is better than RG3, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, and Dak Prescott were coming out and has shown me more passing than any of them did. His arm strength is match only by Newton but his speed and agility dwarfs them all and his ceiling as a passer is higher than them all.
                    Well said, well said

Comment

watching jackson play as we speak...he just threw an interception...

i'm dialing it back on him after watching him throw more closely. some concerning red flags knocks/question i see

1. he does not have the accurate laser arm that rosen and even darnold have...he just doesn't. don't see the "zip" i like to see out of a top 10 prospect

2. some bad decision making, not looking for second reads at all

3. he does not show the poise & patience you want to see from a QB in the pocket...he is run first mindset..but part of that is his Oline is stinking it up

4. He is everything advertised in the run game...dude is silly good as a runner. silly good. Best I've ever seen i think, including michael vick. BUT is that enough? does he find an open guy downfield like aaron rodgers or just throw it away or run with it? Are his throws on the run accurate enough? saw him throw some inaccurate passes outside the pocket.

5. Can he be developed into what you want as your NFl QB? Is it that he is a bit of a project or is it that he just does not have the complete package?
                      The fact that you have to ask isn't good. If he just needs a redshirt year, than great. if not..uh oh. Only a pro scouts and QB coaches would know. I won't pretend to know.

6. Most concerning is his technique isn't always there. He does not step into throws consistently enough. Sometimes it simply does not look good. Simply not good technique. Part of that could be that same as eli, bad oline syndrome. His Oline makes him scramble too much. Or does he just naturally scramble too much? can he be taught to step into his throws even after scrambling? I've seen him step into throws on other videos with beautiful technique and make accurate passes. So you'd think he can do it. he has the ability. But right now.....

bottom line is the kid needs development. He is not NFL ready. Are any of them? Josh rosen OTOH is much more polished.

These are just my thoughts being hypercritical from watching only part of this one game though. The athletic ability is there. I don't see the Giants taking him though. But ya never know. Like i said...>>>> Only a pro scouts and QB coaches would potentially know and even they can be wrong. I won't pretend to know.

He would make a very exciting guy to watch play, though. I'd tune in.

just saw him score yet another running TD. Whoever drafts the guy ought to let him run with it... would need to change their philosophy about QB running at the NFL level. What if the Dude could be good for 2 3 TD a game rushing? The one man team potential is so enticing!

Yet ANOTHER running TD! Wow. That is just silly. silly.

Three rushing TDs today. SILLY I TELL YA! lol

single handedly tied the game in the 4th....... gave his team a chance
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-14-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

his coach says lamar jackson has been "pressing" because he has zero help>>>>>

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ing/751884001/

jackson broke the schools rushing TD record.... not surprising at all, considering he may be the best rushing QB, like... ever

https://www.diehards.com/louisville/...ing-touchdowns
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-14-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-wide-receiver

lol that headline made me laugh lol

Comment

watching jackson play as we speak...he just threw an interception...

i'm dialing it back on him after watching him throw more closely. some concerning red flags knocks/question i see

1. he does not have the accurate laser arm that rosen and even darnold have...he just doesn't. don't see the "zip" i like to see out of a top 10 prospect

2. some bad decision making, not looking for second reads at all

3. he does not show the poise & patience you want to see from a QB in the pocket...he is run first mindset..but part of that is his Oline is stinking it up

4. He is everything advertised in the run game...dude is silly good as a runner. silly good. Best I've ever seen i think, including michael vick. BUT is that enough? does he find an open guy downfield like aaron rodgers or just throw it away or run with it? Are his throws on the run accurate enough? saw him throw some inaccurate passes outside the pocket.

5. Can he be developed into what you want as your NFl QB? Is it that he is a bit of a project or is it that he just does not have the complete package?
                            The fact that you have to ask isn't good. If he just needs a redshirt year, than great. if not..uh oh. Only a pro scouts and QB coaches would know. I won't pretend to know.

6. Most concerning is his technique isn't always there. He does not step into throws consistently enough. Sometimes it simply does not look good. Simply not good technique. Part of that could be that same as eli, bad oline syndrome. His Oline makes him scramble too much. Or does he just naturally scramble too much? can he be taught to step into his throws even after scrambling? I've seen him step into throws on other videos with beautiful technique and make accurate passes. So you'd think he can do it. he has the ability. But right now.....

bottom line is the kid needs development. He is not NFL ready. Are any of them? Josh rosen OTOH is much more polished.

These are just my thoughts being hypercritical from watching only part of this one game though. The athletic ability is there. I don't see the Giants taking him though. But ya never know. Like i said...>>>> Only a pro scouts and QB coaches would potentially know and even they can be wrong. I won't pretend to know.

He would make a very exciting guy to watch play, though. I'd tune in.

just saw him score yet another running TD. Whoever drafts the guy ought to let him run with it... would need to change their philosophy about QB running at the NFL level. What if the Dude could be good for 2 3 TD a game rushing? The one man team potential is so enticing!

Yet ANOTHER running TD! Wow. That is just silly. silly.

Three rushing TDs today. SILLY I TELL YA! lol

single handedly tied the game in the 4th....... gave his team a chance
                            His receivers couldn't beat Man-2-Man coverage for most of the game. His O-line let a number of free rushers in at him. His defense is absolutely terrible. They've given up lot of pts this year. His team is really letting him down this year.

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-wide-receiver

lol that headline made me laugh lol
                              I'm firmly in the "He can play QB camp".

Here is the reason he would make a great QB for the Giants. He makes everything a defense tries to do against us now a bad choice.

Teams can't sit back and play coverage against LJ because he'll either run around until someone is open or take off and gain 15 yards. If they play contain then he has all day to have OBJ, Engram, and Shepard run through a defense's secondary.

If they go light in the box you can call QB runs that affords your extra blockers.

you have to play press man and blitz to counter LJ but what team is going to want to do that with Odell outside. Engram in at TE, and Shepard in the slot? Then there is the possibility that LJ outruns your blitz. Now he's not under pressure and you have minimal defenders trying to lock down OBJ, shepard, and Engram 1-on-1. That's an easy pitch and catch.

Comment

Petrino is the coach that Atlanta hired to coach up Mike Vick into a better passer. He never got that chance with Vick because he got arrested but I think he has made some good strides year after year with Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X