Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy hypothetical situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crazy hypothetical situation

    So as we know the season is over and we will be one of the worst teams in the league and a full rebuild is probably coming. I've been running scenarios in my head and came up with a real interesting one. I will try to break it down below:

    Part 1 - Eli dealt to Jacksonville for a 2nd and 5th rounder. I know this would be tough to see but there is no future here for Eli. Eli deserves a run at a 3rd ring and Jacksonville is legit. Reuniting with TC might be the one situation that Eli would accept.

    Part 2 - Let Webb play the rest of the year and see what we have in him. If he is bad, its not that big of a deal because we will end up with a top 3 pick most likely.

    Part 3 - Let Reese and McAdoo go. I know this is not the Giants way but it is a necessity. Reese has killed this team with terrible drafts and his inability to draft on the OL and at LB. McAdoo is just brutal. We know that last years record was the defense and Odell and had very little to do with him. What we see is a stubborn guy who has already lost this fanbase. John Mara has to see this or there may be dark times ahead.

    Part 4 is where we get crazy - Bring in Pats Assistant GM as our new GM and Josh McDaniels as the HC. What I like about Caserio is pretty easy, he has spent a lot of time with Belicheck and knows how to match players with the system they run. McDaniels was okay in Denver as a HC but he has gotten a little older and once again the experience with Belicheck is key. Bringing that system here and implementing Odell, Shep and Engram in it would be pretty exciting.

    Part 5 is even more crazy - Sign Jimmy Garoppolo in FA to be our QB. I think it would take about $13-$15 mil per but that is a savings on what Eli would get next year. Garoppolo is only 25 and has shown terrific flashes. From what I have seen, I think he can be a franchise type QB. This would also give us flexibility in the draft. If we are in the top 5 and a QB is on the board, we can trade down for a huge price. This is something Reese would never do. A team like Buffalo who needs a QB may be the team that would come up, and they have 2 1st rounders this year. Get that and more. This will allow us to grab multiple OL and rebuild.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    I don't think Jax will trade for Eli during the year. They will essentially have given up on this year then.

    Eli won't know their playbook and while he's learning Bortles will probably play worse than he has because of the added pressure of Manning on the bench.

    I can't believe you're on the try Webb bandwagon. We can't possible assess him while playing with practice squad level talent against starters in a real game. And if rosen or Darnold are there when we draft, i hope Webb isn't going to prevent us from drafting a qb. Sorry, Webb will be our backup. Maybe compete with geno to start next year while our new franchise qb learns during year 1.

    Garoppolo? He could be another cassell, would hate to pass on a franchise qb for a guy who might be a system qb and pay 15 mil per? I'll pass.

    I don't want McDaniels as coach, he drafted tebow.. The assistant GM is probably Belichecks gofer, but I agree with 3.

    apologies about the ordering.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 10-10-2017, 04:06 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      I don't think Jax will trade for Eli during the year. They will essentially have given up on this year then.

      Eli won't know their playbook and while he's learning Bortles will probably play worse than he has because of the added pressure of Manning on the bench.

      I can't believe you're on the try Webb bandwagon. We can't possible assess him while playing with practice squad level talent against starters in a real game. And if rosen or Darnold are there when we draft, i hope Webb isn't going to prevent us from drafting a qb.

      Garoppolo? He could be another cassell, would hate to pass on a franchise qb for a guy who might be a system qb and pay 15 mil per? I'll pass.

      I don't want McDaniels as coach, he drafted tebow.. The assistant GM is probably Belichecks gofer, but I agree with 3.
      The point of all this is that we can focus on other parts of this team in the draft while still getting a young QB at less than what we pay Eli. We would be able to attempt to accumulate numerous draft picks to build up the OL and general depth of the team.

      As for Eli in Jacksonville, he is an immediate upgrade. They have completely dumbed down the playbook because Bortles is so bad, so it would be quite easy for Eli to pick up and they can continue to add in new wrinkles each week for him. He will have a top level D and a young stud RB to take pressure off him. With him, they will get to the playoffs and be very dangerous.

      As for Mcdaniels, yes he drafted Tebow and that was a mistake I dont think he would make again. Lets not also forget that he brought a team with Tebow as his QB to the playoffs, and even won a game. Thats no small feat. The guy unlike McAdoo is a terrific play caller and Garoppolo will have an easy transition as he knows the system already. And yes, Garoppolo could be another Cassel, who most people forget went to KC and was pretty good until we got hurt and never recovered. He could also be that heir to Eli. He would have the weapons at his disposal and a draft to help our OL.

      Comment


      • #4
        have no idea what they will do. Trading down is a good idea. Freeing up cap room is also a good idea.
        Tough choices have to be made.

        Eli, JPP are the two that come to mind that save a bunch if they somehow were to leave under the right circumstances. Who else? But how replaceable are they? Eli is irreplaceable on the one hand, but on the other he is not a scheme fit. JPP simply has not lived up to his contract this year so far, but who can replace his production? Not elite but still very good. But not worth his contract. So can anything be done there to upgrade? If you deal JPP you free up the cap room without ridding yourself of Eli. Just another thought. I like the idea of Eli teaching the young buc if we do in fact draft a top draft pick QB.

        So many variables ... it is going to fascinating to see what kind of moves they make.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
          have no idea what they will do. Trading down is a good idea. Freeing up cap room is also a good idea.
          Tough choices have to be made.

          Eli, JPP are the two that come to mind that save a bunch if they somehow were to leave under the right circumstances. Who else? But how replaceable are they? Eli is irreplaceable on the one hand, but on the other he is not a scheme fit. JPP simply has not lived up to his contract this year so far, but who can replace his production? Not elite but still very good. But not worth his contract. So can anything be done there to upgrade? If you deal JPP you free up the cap room without ridding yourself of Eli. Just another thought. I like the idea of Eli teaching the young buc if we do in fact draft a top draft pick QB.

          So many variables ... it is going to fascinating to see what kind of moves they make.
          JPP has way too much guaranteed left to let go of. If someone wants to trade for him, then yes let him go.

          I like the idea of Eli teaching the young buc if we do in fact draft a top draft pick QB. - This right here is why I think getting Garoppolo would be a good idea. He has learned under Tom Brady for years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Caserio and McDaniels would be good here. People are VERY high on Garrapolo. Pats may Franchise him next year.

            I like the Caserio/McDaniels part of your plan a lot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

              JPP has way too much guaranteed left to let go of. If someone wants to trade for him, then yes let him go.

              I like the idea of Eli teaching the young buc if we do in fact draft a top draft pick QB. - This right here is why I think getting Garoppolo would be a good idea. He has learned under Tom Brady for years.
              what are your thoughts on webb?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                Caserio and McDaniels would be good here. People are VERY high on Garrapolo. Pats may Franchise him next year.

                I like the Caserio/McDaniels part of your plan a lot.
                Sure they are. He has played great when out there and is very young still. But with their D in shambles, I dont think they can afford to do that. So I think he hits the market.

                Comment


                • #9
                  To be honest, the only one of your points that isn't completely terrible is #3.

                  McAdoo isn't some offensive guru that he was thought to be, and he's a terrible coach.

                  I've been a big Reese homer, but screw him for letting the offensive line get to what he is. He can go too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by drewz View Post
                    To be honest, the only one of your points that isn't completely terrible is #3.

                    McAdoo isn't some offensive guru that he was thought to be, and he's a terrible coach.

                    I've been a big Reese homer, but screw him for letting the offensive line get to what he is. He can go too.
                    The biggest issue is #1. I still dont see Eli agreeing to a trade.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                      The biggest issue is #1. I still dont see Eli agreeing to a trade.
                      Because he does not have to.
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A 2nd and 5th for Eli is asking for alot I think

                        I like #4 for sure

                        I want JR gone too but no changes will happen until this season is done

                        I'll never understand the play Webb guys it's never going to happen this season

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                          The point of all this is that we can focus on other parts of this team in the draft while still getting a young QB at less than what we pay Eli. We would be able to attempt to accumulate numerous draft picks to build up the OL and general depth of the team.

                          As for Eli in Jacksonville, he is an immediate upgrade. They have completely dumbed down the playbook because Bortles is so bad, so it would be quite easy for Eli to pick up and they can continue to add in new wrinkles each week for him. He will have a top level D and a young stud RB to take pressure off him. With him, they will get to the playoffs and be very dangerous.

                          As for Mcdaniels, yes he drafted Tebow and that was a mistake I dont think he would make again. Lets not also forget that he brought a team with Tebow as his QB to the playoffs, and even won a game. Thats no small feat. The guy unlike McAdoo is a terrific play caller and Garoppolo will have an easy transition as he knows the system already. And yes, Garoppolo could be another Cassel, who most people forget went to KC and was pretty good until we got hurt and never recovered. He could also be that heir to Eli. He would have the weapons at his disposal and a draft to help our OL.
                          McDaniels did not bring the Broncos to the playoffs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Remember Mcdaniels started 5-0 then team collapsed and missed playoffs, i think we did the same thing that year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like mcdaniels fire though, he seems to be a players coach. He will get another shot, he was too young.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X