THESE ARE THE COACHES and GMs we should target for NEXT YEAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/1...fensive-scheme

Look what the Rams did. Follow that blueprint.

Comment

I think the OP is spot on. Especially the part of OBJ and Eli. Some of you really don't get why OBJ is such a mixed bag with fans?

Let's play a game. Name one, very specific situation, where OBJ showed that he is a TEAM guy. Where he took blame for someone else's mistake. Or apologized for something and actually followed through with not doing it again. Or maybe picking up a team mate that is having a bad few weeks or months?

The fact is that he has all the talent in the world but not one drop of leadership. Not one drop of self reflection and maturity. Not one drop of an all-in team mentality .

Some people need to stop playing fantasty football. There is a hell of a lot more to this game then production. Ask Terrell Owens. And the facts are that OBJ is a production guy that hasn't shown a drop of team mentality. Acting like a jack *** on the sideline can be an act of passion but it is in no way a team mentality.

So now we have an all production guy with zero leadership and team skills that you want to give an EXTEMELY large slice of our pizza (salary cap) to at a time where we need to rebuild and spend every single dime wisely so we don't have bad contracts in the process (think 2005 raiders). Not to mention at a position that has NEVER been crucial to winning championships with. Wow. Great logic some of you have.

Jerry rice was a team player with leadership and would have been worth every dime. Anything short of him is not worth killing our cap space for a guy that can't even spell "team" in a game that is by far the most team dominant sport in existence.

OBJ is an amazing talent. But he lacks all the things that make a team great and win superbowls. If you doubt leadership in this game you have never played or coach. It's that simple.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
        Enough....Mac a doo doo is not the one. Reese is not the one. Full rebuild mode. I would trade Odell for picks. Let Eli decide his fate..stay, retire or go to another team.

Coaches
        • Mike McCoy (Broncos offensive coordinator)
        • Greg Schiano (Ohio State defensive coordinator)
        • Jim Mora Jr. ( UCLA head coach)
        • Jim Schwartz (Eagles defensive coordinator)
        • Jon Gruden (ESPN football analyst)
        • Mike Munchak (Steelers offensive line coach)

GM's

Reggie McKenzie ( Raiders GM)

Ozzie Newsome (Ravens GM )

GMs and Coaches are key.
        Schiano? The guy was so bad he got himself and the GM that hired him fired.

And why on Earth would McKenzie or Newsome take a lateral position to a dumpster fire of a team when they are going very well right where they are?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Why on Earth would you trade Odell Beckham? The guy is just incredible. I'm amazed by fans who continue to say that they want him gone. Also, the Giants will never hire an exec from the Ravens. The Ravens are utter garbage and continue to field rosters of straight up punks and criminals.
          I don't Beckham is worth the contract he's about to receive. At least not on this roster where there are far too many holes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
            This Organization will figure it out.
            IMO this is a dangerous slant.

This organization hasn't really figured it out in over a decade-plus. 2007 and 2011 were great runs, no doubt. But those two teams are outliers in an otherwise very underwhelming history for the past 15 years.

And let's not forget, our team was dismal in the 2011 regular season. If not for Eli playing out of his mind (something he has yet to recreate for the full course of a season) in the 4th quarters of the regular season... we don't even come close to sniffing the playoffs.

Comment

I know a lot of people think Jim Harbaugh wont leave college (and with good reason) but still think you have to contact him just to see where his head is at. Worst thing that will happen is he says no

Comment

Nick Saban.

Comment

...are you guys new fans? Macadoo will be back reese will be back eli will be back flowers will be back.

Hope in one hand macapoo in the other
                  Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    maybe some of you guys haven't noticed but John Gruden doesnt want to coach. Neither does Bill Cowher.
                    Parcells wants nothing to do with coaching, GM, or president of ops.
                    I don't know where you got your info.............BUT both have expressed an interest to coach again....especially NEW YORK GIANTS !!!

SAN FRANCISCO Bill Cowher had long been rumored to be the heir-apparent to Tom Coughlin. For years he was supposedly just biding his time at CBS until the Giants job opened up.

Then last month the Giants job was finally open. And Cowher didnt talk to the Giants about it at all. So much for that rumor, which finally can be put to rest now that Ben McAdoo has replaced Coughlin and the 58-year-old Cowher is still working in the studio at CBS. Cowher said on Monday that the Giants never even reached out to gauge his interest in the opening after Coughlin stepped down after the season.

But that might not kill the rumor forever, since Cowher still cant completely rule out that hell someday take another NFL head coaching job.

You know what? Ive never shut a door, Cowher said at a press conference promoting CBS broadcast of Super Bowl 50. I dont think you need to shut a door that you dont need to. Im very happy at CBS. I love what Im doing. Im 58 years old. I feel young. I still feel involved in the game. But this element of the game gives me a life that I was never able to experience before.

Last edited by brownelvis54; 10-12-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/sp...5sandomir.html

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post
                        ...are you guys new fans? Macadoo will be back reese will be back eli will be back flowers will be back.

Hope in one hand macapoo in the other
                        You're speaking reality. I think the others are dreaming. I'd go further and say that Reese and McAdoo have two years past this one.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

IMO this is a dangerous slant.

This organization hasn't really figured it out in over a decade-plus. 2007 and 2011 were great runs, no doubt. But those two teams are outliers in an otherwise very underwhelming history for the past 15 years.

And let's not forget, our team was dismal in the 2011 regular season. If not for Eli playing out of his mind (something he has yet to recreate for the full course of a season) in the 4th quarters of the regular season... we don't even come close to sniffing the playoffs.
                          This reply kinda confirms how SPOIL and ENTITLED some of our Giants fans are. Not you indirectly but just IN GENERAL we have a lot of fans who feel so entitled for whatever reason. Lets go talk to fans of Teams/Organization whom never won a Champion ever and rarely makes the Playoffs!

2 Champions make up for A LOT for me at least! It is also buying Reese as much time as he wants because it is 2 Championships under his watch regardless of what fans and media people say.

New York has never ever been very patient but Transitioning to a new Regime at Head Coach TAKES TIME. Transitioning to a new QB takes even longer if you have to throw a guy in Day 1 and hope he develops. McAdoo should be given TIME and not fired after a 11-5 season because of a disappointing season. He should be allowed to at least try to usher in and develop HIS QB before being fired. Of course he will clash with Players, Coughlin was the same way, he clashed with Strahan at first but they worked up out and went on to win a Championship together. I think the same can be done with McAdoo.

Fans are calling for Firing out of emotions but once you start firing everybody and trying to rebuild everything at once that is a recipe for Disaster and potential a decade of Losing. For some organization when they do things like that as far as blowing it up and starting over, they never make it back to winning!
                          Last edited by Sicko; 10-12-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

This reply kinda confirms how SPOIL and ENTITLED some of our Giants fans are. Not you indirectly but just IN GENERAL we have a lot of fans who feel so entitled for whatever reason. Lets go talk to fans of Teams/Organization whom never won a Champion ever and rarely makes the Playoffs!

2 Champions make up for A LOT for me at least! It is also buying Reese as much time as he wants because it is 2 Championships under his watch regardless of what fans and media people say.

New York has never ever been very patient but Transitioning to a new Regime at Head Coach TAKES TIME. Transitioning to a new QB takes even longer if you have to throw a guy in Day 1 and hope he develops. McAdoo should be given TIME and not fired after a 11-5 season because of a disappointing season. He should be allowed to at least try to usher in and develop HIS QB before being fired. Of course he will clash with Players, Coughlin was the same way, he clashed with Strahan at first but they worked up out and went on to win a Championship together. I think the same can be done with McAdoo.

Fans are calling for Firing out of emotions but once you start firing everybody and trying to rebuild everything at once that is a recipe for Disaster and potential a decade of Losing. For some organization when they do things like that as far as blowing it up and starting over, they never make it back to winning!

I disagree. To me that is the epitome of thinking with your heart and not with your head.

Resting on laurels gets you into trouble IMO. Reese winning a SB in 2007 with a team mostly built by Accorsi doesn't give him any leeway in 2017 from me. 2011 was a nice playoff run and a memorable SB but let's not forget that was a 9-7 team that barely made the playoffs.

Since 2007 we have missed the playoffs 7 out of 10 seasons. We will have a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons. I really do not believe two SB wins from 2007 and 2011 negate the overall trend of this team under Reese's reign.

We are not a consistent contender like NE, PIT, GB, DEN and the likes. In fact we're not even in the top 10 of wins in the past 10 years.

The "window" or fair assessment parameter in the NFL is 4 or 5 years IMO. That's about the amount of time that rosters turn over significantly enough, how long it truly takes to evaluate a draft class/pick, the average NFL career span etc. Look back 5 seasons ago... the 49ers were in the SB and a dominant team, the Colts and Texans were two of the top teams, etc.

Put it this way... I find it to be akin to when the Redskins brought Gibbs back in the mid 2000s. Rooted in nostalgia and former glories. All heart, no head. Gibbs finished that second stint with a dismal record and an embarrassing tarnish on his overall legacy.

As for McAdoo.... I keep seeing a lot of people here reference the 11-5 outlier of a season. We won 11 games with the 2nd ranked defense and 26th ranked offense. McAdoo may be the head coach but he has nothing to do with the defense. We know this. And currently we're ranked 29th in offense with no signs of improving. McAdoo was hired because of his "innovative" offense and ability to run an offense Eli Manning can survive in. Yet all it has done is set this team back. Not to mention he's completely lost this team in less than 1.5 seasons.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying Reese and I'm certainly not sold on McAdoo.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                              I think the OP is spot on. Especially the part of OBJ and Eli. Some of you really don't get why OBJ is such a mixed bag with fans?

Let's play a game. Name one, very specific situation, where OBJ showed that he is a TEAM guy. Where he took blame for someone else's mistake. Or apologized for something and actually followed through with not doing it again. Or maybe picking up a team mate that is having a bad few weeks or months

​​​
                              Most of us do recognize the immaturity OBJ displays. It needs to stop. However, (I am not sure of your age), but I am in my late 20s. And I have friends who act like him.

Do I always appreciate their immaturity? No. But I do not doubt that they are "team players" when it comes to supporting our group of friends.

OBJ does not show team leadership and team loyalty the way the "older generation" does it. He shows it in his "younger generation" mindset.

He did not holdout during mandatory training camp like other players did. When he hurt his ankle, he wanted to play as soon as possible, even less than 100%. And we saw how the trainings had to reconnect his dislocated finger and than he went back out to play and catch 50mph footballs to help the team.
                              (Here is an article to prove I did not make up that stat. https://www.livestrong.com/article/3...of-a-football/ )

i am not saying he deserves the highest paid contract because of this...but these past couple of weeks did raise my respect for him a little

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue:TNG View Post

Most of us do recognize the immaturity OBJ displays. It needs to stop. However, (I am not sure of your age), but I am in my late 20s. And I have friends who act like him.

Do I always appreciate their immaturity? No. But I do not doubt that they are "team players" when it comes to supporting our group of friends.

OBJ does not show team leadership and team loyalty the way the "older generation" does it. He shows it in his "younger generation" mindset.

He did not holdout during mandatory training camp like other players did. When he hurt his ankle, he wanted to play as soon as possible, even less than 100%. And we saw how the trainings had to reconnect his dislocated finger and than he went back out to play and catch 50mph footballs to help the team.
                                (Here is an article to prove I did not make up that stat. https://www.livestrong.com/article/3...of-a-football/ )

i am not saying he deserves the highest paid contract because of this...but these past couple of weeks did raise my respect for him a little
                                If you can't give me a proper specific example of OBJ showing a team mentality then you are simply making excuses. Nothing more.

I am 34 yrs old and coach youth and high school football. I am around young people all day long. I have seen 8 yr olds with higher team mentalities then him. This is not an old vs young argument. Do not disrespect the other young players out there that know how to be part of a team just because you are looking for an excuse for our little princess.

The only thing your example proves is that is looks after his own career. You do realize holding out ends up hurting player more then helping the, right? So because he made a decision not to shoot himself in the foot he is a good team mate? Stop. Just stop.

We need to stop making excuses for this kid. He has been babied enough an it's time to grow up.

If you wanna get treated and paid like a big boy he better start acting like it. If not, trade his *** to the highest bidder.

if he was so good our offense wouldn't be completely inept since the first day he got here. He is part of this mess. Not part of the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X