Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
    Nick Saban.
    Anyone that thinks Saban is our savior hasn't followed his carer long enough. He is dominant in college for one single reason. Because he is the best recruiter in the game and at this point his team talent is far surpassing every other team.

Saban isn't this mastermind coach when he is on a lvl playing field with talent. He dominates because of the talent he is able to bring to the Tide.

It's not a knock to say that he simply isn't made for the pros. College is his perfect place. He quit on the last pro team he coached. One of the only head coaches in NFL history that has a reputation of quitting on his team. We don't need a quitter here.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post

You're speaking reality. I think the others are dreaming. I'd go further and say that Reese and McAdoo have two years past this one.
      Sad but true brother. I said in another thread even though they won't come out and say it everyone is safe until eli's contract is up no matter what happens. 0-16 3yrs in a row wouldn't matter one bit
      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

If you can't give me a proper specific example of OBJ showing a team mentality then you are simply making excuses. Nothing more.

I am 34 yrs old and coach youth and high school football. I am around young people all day long. I have seen 8 yr olds with higher team mentalities then him. This is not an old vs young argument. Do not disrespect the other young players out there that know how to be part of a team just because you are looking for an excuse for our little princess.

The only thing your example proves is that is looks after his own career. You do realize holding out ends up hurting player more then helping the, right? So because he made a decision not to shoot himself in the foot he is a good team mate? Stop. Just stop.

We need to stop making excuses for this kid. He has been babied enough an it's time to grow up.

If you wanna get treated and paid like a big boy he better start acting like it. If not, trade his *** to the highest bidder.

if he was so good our offense wouldn't be completely inept since the first day he got here. He is part of this mess. Not part of the solution.
        I totally understand where you come from. I actually completely agree with you, despite how my comments may have been taken. He NEEDS to change his act, yesterday.

But some young ones nowadays do not understand that their behavior is selfish. Once someone teaches them(as I am sure you do with the youths you are in contact with), they realize what true team loyalty is and they change their behavior. I think he truly does not understand that and since he is spoiled by others(The coach) because of his talent, he has no reason to learn.

But I do like to look for some positive in everyone. And that was a little positive I have seen in him recently. But he does need to improve a lot, as you said.

**Also, on a side note, I am happy you are there to teach those young people how to handle themselves in life. If there were more experienced ones like you, there would be fewer OBJs in the world**

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue:TNG View Post

I totally understand where you come from. I actually completely agree with you, despite how my comments may have been taken. He NEEDS to change his act, yesterday.

But some young ones nowadays do not understand that their behavior is selfish. Once someone teaches them(as I am sure you do with the youths you are in contact with), they realize what true team loyalty is and they change their behavior. I think he truly does not understand that and since he is spoiled by others(The coach) because of his talent, he has no reason to learn.

But I do like to look for some positive in everyone. And that was a little positive I have seen in him recently. But he does need to improve a lot, as you said.

**Also, on a side note, I am happy you are there to teach those young people how to handle themselves in life. If there were more experienced ones like you, there would be fewer OBJs in the world**
          Those are kind words and I appreciate them. Thank you. However, I am nothing special, just a normal guy the loves the game and enjoys working with kids. Football is a great sport because a lot of the things that make you a successful football player/coach help make you a great member of our society. Which to be honest we need more of.

My worries with OBJ is that he simply approaching the age where it is who he is and he isn't going to change. TC and Eli are some of the best people in this sport to mimic in how they carry themselves as pros. I just don't see that OB has learned ANYTHING out of all of this.

When you are a bad team in a full rebuild leadership is absolutely paramount. 1 bad egg can total crash the system and cause division. This team can't afford that no matter how talented he player is.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Just a difference in philosophy approach.

PS- I had a rough night so forgive me if the last message came off with an attitude. It wasn't meant to and I just didn't really proofread it for tone.
          Last edited by AGiantDynasty; 10-13-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Those are kind words and I appreciate them. Thank you. However, I am nothing special, just a normal guy the loves the game and enjoys working with kids. Football is a great sport because a lot of the things that make you a successful football player/coach help make you a great member of our society. Which to be honest we need more of.

My worries with OBJ is that he simply approaching the age where it is who he is and he isn't going to change. TC and Eli are some of the best people in this sport to mimic in how they carry themselves as pros. I just don't see that OB has learned ANYTHING out of all of this.

When you are a bad team in a full rebuild leadership is absolutely paramount. 1 bad egg can total crash the system and cause division. This team can't afford that no matter how talented he player is.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Just a difference in philosophy approach.

PS- I had a rough night so forgive me if the last message came off with an attitude. It wasn't meant to and I just didn't really proofread it for tone.
            I took no offense. Your response showed me someone who was proud of the young ones he works with and does not want anyone just assuming all young ones are immature.
            I am sort of an "old soul". As a preteen I preferred hanging out with 30+ year olds because I felt kids my age were too immature. So I do not think highly of immaturity.
            But my younger brother was immature like OBJ when he was a teen. But my parents and other mature ones kept working with him and he is a mature young man now. (And he is the same age as OBJ as a reference.)
            so from my own personal experience, OBJ can "grow-up" at some point, but as DRC is showing, there is a double standard when it comes to OBJ on this team. And that needs to change for him to be a better contributor to the team

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Sad but true brother. I said in another thread even though they won't come out and say it everyone is safe until eli's contract is up no matter what happens. 0-16 3yrs in a row wouldn't matter one bit
              I am worried that you guys are right. I can hope they make changes, but I won't be surprised if we have this same front office next year.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

I disagree. To me that is the epitome of thinking with your heart and not with your head.

Resting on laurels gets you into trouble IMO. Reese winning a SB in 2007 with a team mostly built by Accorsi doesn't give him any leeway in 2017 from me. 2011 was a nice playoff run and a memorable SB but let's not forget that was a 9-7 team that barely made the playoffs.

Since 2007 we have missed the playoffs 7 out of 10 seasons. We will have a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons. I really do not believe two SB wins from 2007 and 2011 negate the overall trend of this team under Reese's reign.

We are not a consistent contender like NE, PIT, GB, DEN and the likes. In fact we're not even in the top 10 of wins in the past 10 years.

The "window" or fair assessment parameter in the NFL is 4 or 5 years IMO. That's about the amount of time that rosters turn over significantly enough, how long it truly takes to evaluate a draft class/pick, the average NFL career span etc. Look back 5 seasons ago... the 49ers were in the SB and a dominant team, the Colts and Texans were two of the top teams, etc.

Put it this way... I find it to be akin to when the Redskins brought Gibbs back in the mid 2000s. Rooted in nostalgia and former glories. All heart, no head. Gibbs finished that second stint with a dismal record and an embarrassing tarnish on his overall legacy.

As for McAdoo.... I keep seeing a lot of people here reference the 11-5 outlier of a season. We won 11 games with the 2nd ranked defense and 26th ranked offense. McAdoo may be the head coach but he has nothing to do with the defense. We know this. And currently we're ranked 29th in offense with no signs of improving. McAdoo was hired because of his "innovative" offense and ability to run an offense Eli Manning can survive in. Yet all it has done is set this team back. Not to mention he's completely lost this team in less than 1.5 seasons.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying Reese and I'm certainly not sold on McAdoo.
                Well we can STRONGLY Agree to Disagree! You're way too caught up with stats and records to the point in which despite winning a Super Bowl that year you want to talk about how they was a 9-7 Team. It really doesn't matter what their Record and Stats was...WE WON THE SUPER BOWL THAT YEAR!

Some fans are never satisfied and never will be! Once again I'm beyond happy that NFL Organizations don't listen to fans when it come to making Front Office and Coaching Decisions because we don't know as much as we pretend to know compared to a GM or Scout who work year around looking for ways to improve their team. The Scout Players year around while we the fans show up draft day using Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock and Todd McShay big board pretending like we know what is best for our team lol

Maybe some fans just need to move on and find another Organization to root for that can live up to these Madden Football Video Game Expectations
                Last edited by Sicko; 10-13-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

Well we can STRONGLY Agree to Disagree! You're way too caught up with stats and records to the point in which despite winning a Super Bowl that year you want to talk about how they was a 9-7 Team. It really doesn't matter what their Record and Stats was...WE WON THE SUPER BOWL THAT YEAR!

Some fans are never satisfied and never will be! Once again I'm beyond happy that NFL Organizations don't listen to fans when it come to making Front Office and Coaching Decisions because we don't know as much as we pretend to know compared to a GM or Scout who work year around looking for ways to improve their team. The Scout Players year around while we the fans show up draft day using Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock and Todd McShay big board pretending like we know what is best for our team lol

Maybe some fans just need to move on and find another Organization to root for.
                  If you're content with missing the playoffs 70% of the time and finishing with a losing record 80% of the time, then yes... we will have to strongly agree to disagree.

My expectations are clearly higher than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

If you're content with missing the playoffs 70% of the time and finishing with a losing record 80% of the time, then yes... we will have to strongly agree to disagree.

My expectations are clearly higher than yours.
                    My Expectations are very high but also REALISTIC! If it is a Bold Move that needs to be made it is not in the Front Office by firing Reese or the Coach by Firing McAdoo, it is at QB! Love Eli, I'm a Eli DEFENDER to the fullest but Eli has never EVER been a consistent QB and yes the Wins and Losses and Playoff Misses and Appearance are as consistent as your QB Play I believe. Sure you can win with a Average QB but it is hard to win with a QB that turns the ball over.

Consistent QB's like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady make the playoffs and put together far more winning season consistently and despite the changes that are made around them. They don't need a PERFECT Offensive Line and the Best Receivers and Best TE's to win either. They're able to make the best out of what they already have around them and they make guys better. With Eli, if things are not perfect around him he struggles!
                    Last edited by Sicko; 10-13-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Why on Earth would you trade Odell Beckham? The guy is just incredible. I'm amazed by fans who continue to say that they want him gone. Also, the Giants will never hire an exec from the Ravens. The Ravens are utter garbage and continue to field rosters of straight up punks and criminals.
                      Why trade Odell ? Its obvious we need to rebuild....and to do it the right way is to build the trenches first. Start with the O-line and revamp the defense. Odell would bring much needed draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                        McKenzie and Gruden perhaps, but both guys have jobs
                        That would be a perfect scenario.
                        1-Forrest Lamp-(OT-Western Kentucky)
                        2-DeMarcus Walker-(DE-Florida State)
                        3-Wayne Gallman-(RB-Clemson)
                        3-Anthony Walker-(ILB-Northwestern)
                        4-KD Cannon-(WR-Baylor)
                        6-Joshua Dobbs-(QB-Tennessee)

Comment

Working...