Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Reese and Hire Josh McDaniels as Head Coach it's the opportunity he's been waiting for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Reese and Hire Josh McDaniels as Head Coach it's the opportunity he's been waiting for

This was a sneaky little tidbit from last night where it appears Chris Collinsworth was eluding to something

" he's turned down a lot of offers but if the right organization came calling he would take it "

could Chris have meant the Giants ???

all this talk about firing reese and/or mcadoo will depend on what the front office wants to do with Eli....i strongly doubt any new HC and GM will want to start their tenure with a slow old QB who greatly diminishes what they can do offense. I think the main reason MacAdoo got the job was his experience working with Eli....a new HC and OC will want to have options on offense...just look at how the NFL is run today on offense...read options, mobile QBs extending plays, QBs that can escape sacks, QBs that can run for yards when passing play breaks down, QBs that can execute a QB sneak on 3rd/4th and 1, designed roll outs, designed QB running plays....Eli cant do any of this...

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
      all this talk about firing reese and/or mcadoo will depend on what the front office wants to do with Eli....i strongly doubt any new HC and GM will want to start their tenure with a slow old QB who greatly diminishes what they can do offense. I think the main reason MacAdoo got the job was his experience working with Eli....a new HC and OC will want to have options on offense...just look at how the NFL is run today on offense...read options, mobile QBs extending plays, QBs that can escape sacks, QBs that can run for yards when passing play breaks down, QBs that can execute a QB sneak on 3rd/4th and 1, designed roll outs, designed QB running plays....Eli cant do any of this...
      Give ELI a OLINE and he can still play at a high caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Give ELI a OLINE and he can still play at a high caliber.
        Really? What are you basing this on?
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Eli is and always will be erratic
          Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
            Eli is and always will be erratic
            Yes.....but it's more than just that now. He hears steps.....not his fault, but that's how it is. He rushes plays even when he has time in the pocket. I believe that is the #1 cause of why his downfield passes are so inaccurate now. Granted, the OTHER key factor are the young receivers and their routes. But he is putting that long ball up too early.
            Last edited by FBomb; 10-23-2017, 02:13 PM.
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

im wary of McDaniels as a HC. he'd be an upgrade over Mcadoo for sure, but how good of an OC do you have to be when you have Tom friggin' Brady? his experience as HC is not pretty either.

and if you were to do that, would it be a kinda tandem deal where we would persue Garappalo? that would be interesting but again i'd be cautious of that.

i'd rather persue Harbaugh. give me the guy who's had success as HC and could turn the team around quick.

as far as Eli is concerned, i think he still has plenty of good pley left in him. i think he is just a victim of unfortunate circumstances over the past few years. i don't think i've seen a QB have a worse supporting cast as well as terrible game plans/playcalling. teams saw what we did in 2015 and good the offense played at times and were able to stop it starting since last year, we have made no adjustments or tried anything new. thats on the coach.

we need to fix the OL and run a different style of offense other then Green Bay lite.

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                im wary of McDaniels as a HC. he'd be an upgrade over Mcadoo for sure, but how good of an OC do you have to be when you have Tom friggin' Brady? his experience as HC is not pretty either.

and if you were to do that, would it be a kinda tandem deal where we would persue Garappalo? that would be interesting but again i'd be cautious of that.

i'd rather persue Harbaugh. give me the guy who's had success as HC and could turn the team around quick.

as far as Eli is concerned, i think he still has plenty of good pley left in him. i think he is just a victim of unfortunate circumstances over the past few years. i don't think i've seen a QB have a worse supporting cast as well as terrible game plans/playcalling. teams saw what we did in 2015 and good the offense played at times and were able to stop it starting since last year, we have made no adjustments or tried anything new. thats on the coach.

we need to fix the OL and run a different style of offense other then Green Bay lite.
                I like Harbaugh too but I don't think any organization is prying him away from Michigan just yet

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
                  If this organization continues to talk about "wholesale change" then they need to do better than merely firing the head coach and keeping everyone else in place, save for the OC who they promoted to HC.

If Mara continues to be apathetic towards his franchise then we can expect the same type of "change."

If Mara is truly committed to this franchise, then he needs to truly implement change. That includes, but is not limited to: GM, Head Coach, Coaching Staff and Eli Manning.

Comment

The constant theme is everyone must make accomodations for Eli
                    There comes a time like with McNuggets in Philly where you have to take what you can get for him and move on.......right now GB and Denver are desperate for a QB like Eli. They will pay......after next year baring a complete turnaround we wont get a bagadonuts for Eli......plus his Salary is ridiculous. Elway overpaid for a terrible QB but still unloaded his salary.....then got the guy back

He wont be afraid of Eli's salary.....right now hes paying his QBs very little.

I love Eli as a person of class and he still has that arm and a good mind for exploiting defenses....but we are a couple of re-tooling years from a SB run.........lets face it
                    Last edited by BlueClue; 10-25-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Mc Daniels can wait and wait.
                      Since, Denver no one is knocking on his door.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                        The constant theme is everyone must make accomodations for Eli
                        There comes a time like with McNuggets in Philly where you have to take what you can get for him and move on.......right now GB and Denver are desperate for a QB like Eli. They will pay......after next year baring a complete turnaround we wont get a bagadonuts for Eli......plus his Salary is ridiculous. Elway overpaid for a terrible QB but still unloaded his salary.....then got the guy back

He wont be afraid of Eli's salary.....right now hes paying his QBs very little.

I love Eli as a person of class and he still has that arm and a good mind for exploiting defenses....but we are a couple of re-tooling years from a SB run.........lets face it
                        Jeeze, you really dont have a blueclue.

Lets face it, (for the 100th time) Eli has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. It doesn't matter if anyone would pay his salary. The only thing that matters is if Eli is willing to be traded.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Lets face it, (for the 100th time) Eli has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. It doesn't matter if anyone would pay his salary. The only thing that matters is if Eli is willing to be traded.
                          Hey I dont have all the answers but do have some Clues- Elway likes Peyton Manning.....he won a SB with his aged Peyton.........lightning could strike twice this year

I cant speak for Eli, but this is likley his last chance to take home a Lombardi- maybe 2

He is a realist and must know he wont get another here at his age......but I cannot speak for him

Comment

As for McDaniels DO IT!!! Even is he does not last as a HC he is a catalyst for REAL change, which we need DESPERATELY.

Maybe he will mature into a very good HC........right now we need an offense........and special teams.......we have the D part solved

We have a RB, we have two good QBs in my opinion, a good TE, and when Beckham and Shepard return along with perhaps Rudolph and Lewis Jr............Tavaris is terrible.....I hope to heaven DRC and Alligator Arms Marshall are cut on last game Day.

This kind of change and get rid of Jerry too are what we need to move forward.......right now we are treading water.
                            Last edited by BlueClue; 10-25-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Or just release him.

Comment

Working...
                              X