I Hope Eli Is Traded To Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hope Eli Is Traded To Jags

The Giants are wasting Eli Manning's last years in the NFL.
    The Jags are a rising team in need of a veteran QB.
    Eli deserves a better team.
    He will not get another ring with this Giant mess.
    Find out what Webb can do.
    Time to move forward.
    For everyone's sake.

I could not agree more. Would devastate me watching him hoist a trophy somewhere else but we have to set him free.

Something tells me however that regardless of what we as fans want that Eli and ownership have a sense of loyalty and gratitude for one another and both want Eli retiring in NY.

You guys only look at it from a football future perspective but in terms of what Eli brings to the city in terms of charity and other endeavors is not to be trifled with when regarding his departure or retirement.

Something tells me we have a rebound year next year with a 21 year old future hall of famer in the backfield.

As well as Eli Manning. Because that 21 yo future hof will be Saquon Barkley with the third overall pick.

Football gods willing. I pray nightly at the pigskin altar. Pagan gods and all.

PRAISE FOOTBALL JESUS WE NEED A MIRACLE. BRING UNTO US SAQUON, OH PAGAN LORDS OF THE GRIDIRON.

Comment

I really do to. Especially with that trade for Dareus. Its time to start experimenting and losing. Get Webb playing time. If he sucks oh well. We need a high pick. Even if itís used to get more picks in a trade down. WE. NEED. A. HIGH. PICK.
      If Webb looks good thatís great. Team still stinks. Weíll lose enough but can get linemen or maybe even still possibly Saquon Barkley.

There is no point in keeping Eli on the books here with all the improvements that need to be made to field a team that could compliment what he can still do at this age.

Please Eli. Waive the clause. Make one more great gesture to the Giants organization.
      Last edited by GoDeep13; 10-28-2017, 02:25 AM.

Comment

2 problems with that.

1. it would lead to Mcadoo and Reese both staying put. i don't think anybody wants that. we'd here the "the had a rookie QB throwing to unproven WR" excuse and we would be an abomination of a team next year with the same incompetent HC and GM.

2. you put Webb out there now with practice squad WR, below aberave OL, and the offense gameplan we have seen this year, and he is screwed. he could be the next star for us, but he will not look good out there and will get ripped by the fans imo and people would scream "get Darnold!"

idk about you guys, but Sam Darnold quarterbacking a Mcadoo lead offense sounds like the plot of a bad horror movie.

another thing i want to point out. if Eli were to be traded to say the Jags or Broncos. "it will make them SB contenders right now." idk how people (fans and analyst) can think that. thats not a knock on Eli, he can still play pretty good imo, but in the middle of a season, to be traded to another team, and being someone who plays the most important postion on the field, he would have to learn a whole new playbook(including what's the protection on each play, what route everybody is running, the calls, ect,) as well as getting in sync with all the other players on the field. that does not happen overnight. it would take a month at least to learn all of that.

similar to Bradford when he got traded to the vikings last year, it took him about 3 weeks before he saw the field for them. Eli isn't going to go to another team and have the knowledge of an entire new playbook in a week. it's not possible. Eli is not going anywhere right now. it's just media heads taking.

if its me, im getting through the season, firing Mac and Reese, and fixing the team quick. that means keeping Eli. get Barkley in the 1st and a good OL like Raginow in the 2nd with a HC with a brain and we'll be good.

also want to point out that Eli is probably one of the best teachers to have for Webb. he could help set him up to be sucessful
        Last edited by nygfan0816; 10-28-2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

When do you want this trade to take place?

Comment

why would jags do that????
            nobody wants to trade a veteran QB who is certainly in decline.........

Comment

NO TRADE CLAUSE
              NO TRADE CLAUSE
              NO TRADE CLAUSE
              NO TRADE CLAUSE
              NO TRADE CLAUSE

Eli has one in his contract. Figured I should say it five times, even though it's common knowledge to most
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                NO TRADE CLAUSE
                NO TRADE CLAUSE
                NO TRADE CLAUSE
                NO TRADE CLAUSE
                NO TRADE CLAUSE

Eli has one in his contract. Figured I should say it five times, even though it's common knowledge to most
                DH I have said that in most to every Trade Eli thread. I gave up using facts on this matter because some believe the sky is green.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Elway finally got his RB during his twilight years and won 2 SB. Draft Barkley next year, Mac and Reese will probably have one more year to make up for this mess.

Comment

first off Mac and Reese are gone after this season with or without Eli Manning being a NYG. The Giants are not going to have some big turn around this season so those two are gone.

Even if Eli didnt have a no trade clause the Giants do not do things like this in the middle of a season. Just like they dont fire GMs or coaches mid way through.

the changes will come right after the last game this season

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by 1224ckdtn View Post
                      why would jags do that????
                      nobody wants to trade a veteran QB who is certainly in decline.........
                      Exactly.

Not happening. The JAGS wouldnt trade for him. Its funny listening to their fan base too. They know Bortles isnt the answer but in no way shape of form do they want Eli. Not even for free. They know he is a turnover machine at the end of his career with no legs and bad aim. They are actually interested in Drew Brees.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        first off Mac and Reese are gone after this season with or without Eli Manning being a NYG. The Giants are not going to have some big turn around this season so those two are gone.

Even if Eli didnt have a no trade clause the Giants do not do things like this in the middle of a season. Just like they dont fire GMs or coaches mid way through.

the changes will come right after the last game this season
                        I think Reese and McAdoo will be here for two more years. It's a scary thought but I don't think Mara has the fortitude to pull the trigger.

Comment

Letís have a thread about trading a guy with a no trade clause and we can pepper it with our opinions which we purport to be the opinion of an entire fan base from another team.

This place is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Letís have a thread about trading a guy with a no trade clause and we can pepper it with our opinions which we purport to be the opinion of an entire fan base from another team.

This place is awesome.
                            Eli chose us GIANTS started ever since stay strong N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                              NO TRADE CLAUSE
                              NO TRADE CLAUSE
                              NO TRADE CLAUSE
                              NO TRADE CLAUSE
                              NO TRADE CLAUSE

One would think that Eli considered the ramifications of that clause before he had his representatives negotiate it into his contract.

But who are we to actually consider what Eli thinks? Iíve always enjoyed hearing fans talk on his behalf instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X