Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Hope Eli Is Traded To Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by jay051 View Post

    Who is getting all bent out of shape?? It's simple....Eli has a no trade clause and he has final say on if he wants to be traded or not. Discussing trade scenarios for Eli is cool and understandable but what I find comical is that some automatically assume that its a no brainer that Eli should just agree to be traded to the jags or even the Broncos. This isn't madden 2018.
    Dude why are you getting defensive, I had someone else in mind (DH). I don't think anyone here thinks Eli should recind the NTC but we're all talking about it as a possibility. I'm one of the biggest fans and hope Eli finishes his career here but am still entertaining the idea if it benifits the Giants.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 10-29-2017, 02:44 PM.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Harooni View Post

      you must be on something if you ever think that would happen, eli needs the right condition to pull off a close win.
      Offensive line, running game, weapons all over the field and a gooddefense. Surprised Rodgers hasn't been able to win the last game in all these years.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

        Dude why are you getting defensive, I had someone else in mind (DH). I don't think anyone here thinks Eli should recind the NTC but we're all talking about it as a possibility. I'm one of the biggest fans and hope Eli finishes his career here but am still entertaining the idea if it benifits the Giants.
        Dude I'm not getting defensive at all. Also i think you are wrong about people not wanting Eli to rescind the NTC. There are some here that thinks he should take the trade just to prove the Eli haters wrong about how bad Eli has had it here the last few yrs.
        Last edited by jay051; 10-29-2017, 02:59 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          Contrary to the opinion that the Giants kept Eli from reaching his true potential; he and the team have had a nice run. A couple of Super Bowls is nothing to sneeze at.

          And while feeling that he deserved (or deserves) better can certainly be had at times, those feelings can be had for other players as well.

          As an example, when Eli fumbled against the Seahawks was anyone feeling that the rest of the organization deserved better?
          Now there is some nice perspective and balance a rare occurrence here.
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

            Or when he fumbled against the Chargers for that matter? Love Eli. Respect what Eli has done for this franchise. If there were agreement on a deal to send him somewhere he would want to go and we could get a decent pick and see if Webb is possibly the potential guy before next years draft I would be all for that. Eli loves this franchise, I also believe that. If they approached him with a deal to go somewhere with a great opportunity to win now and was also something that would benefit the Giants franchise, I believe he would listen and consider it. Not only the Jags, but also the Broncos come to mind.
            I figured New Orleans would always been play too. A chance to be close to grandma and grandpa.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

              Who is getting all bent out of shape?? It's simple....Eli has a no trade clause and he has final say on if he wants to be traded or not. Discussing trade scenarios for Eli is cool and understandable but what I find comical is that some automatically assume that its a no brainer that Eli should just agree to be traded to the jags or even the Broncos. This isn't madden 2018.
              Not so fast Jay. Eli isn't Madden, but his fans are.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                Not to mention that I don't think Jacksonville wants to see all their receivers injured.
                lmfao!

                Comment


                • #83
                  what makes people think Eli would be in favor of a trade, all you have to do is remember how the draft went when he was drafted, he went where he wanted to go and wouldn't go to the Chargers. Eli seems to know what he wants and where he wants to play and he isn't going anywhere no matter what any fans want....

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                    He plays here because he wants to play here, hence the extension he signed with the no trade clause that still has two more seasons attached to it.
                    But when he signed the extension the view of the future looks different from now.
                    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by appodictic View Post

                      But when he signed the extension the view of the future looks different from now.
                      Maybe to you, but maybe not to him. Unless you have a family of your own, you'll never understand. You cant just pick up and move when you have a wife and kids with some deep roots in the area that you've called home for many years. It makes zero sense for him, being close to 37 years old, to rock the boat, when he's got a year or two left with this team at most.
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                        Maybe to you, but maybe not to him. Unless you have a family of your own, you'll never understand. You cant just pick up and move when you have a wife and kids with some deep roots in the area that you've called home for many years. It makes zero sense for him, being close to 37 years old, to rock the boat, when he's got a year or two left with this team at most.
                        I do have a family of my own. If i had a job that paid MILLIONS I think it would be a fairly easy conversation, "honey I know this is a struggle in that we will have to move to another mansion". It will be tough for the kids to change schools, but quite literally the giants o-line is a risk to my long term health. Going to a team with some running game decreases the chances of my career ending in a devastating injury, as I am getting swarmed 1 second after the snap every single snap!

                        My brother Peyton found a team "broncos" that could run the ball AND protect him, and even with a busted neck he did not have to worry because he stayed upgright for about two seasons.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by appodictic View Post

                          I do have a family of my own. If i had a job that paid MILLIONS I think it would be a fairly easy conversation, "honey I know this is a struggle in that we will have to move to another mansion". It will be tough for the kids to change schools, but quite literally the giants o-line is a risk to my long term health. Going to a team with some running game decreases the chances of my career ending in a devastating injury, as I am getting swarmed 1 second after the snap every single snap!

                          My brother Peyton found a team "broncos" that could run the ball AND protect him, and even with a busted neck he did not have to worry because he stayed upgright for about two seasons.
                          No, you THINK it would be an easy conversation, but for most people, it wouldn't. He's already making millions of dollars right where he is, and believe it or not, money is not everything to a lot of people.

                          And please......lets not overdramatize it. Getting "swarmed 1 second after the snap every single snap"? Thats pure bull****
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X