Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should stay ? Who should go? Who would you like us to sign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should stay ? Who should go? Who would you like us to sign?

Id like us to keep
    Brett Jones * was solid all year.
    D.J Fluker * the rushing attack improve 30+ yards per game
    DRC * solid veteran and if we keep Apple he can be a good babysitter

Id dump these guys
    Pugh * overrated not worth the money
    Eli Manning * We will suck with him anyway hopefully Jacksonville can trade us their 1st Rd pick.
    Darian Thompson * He hasnt been very good and I dont know why he played over Adams who was much better over the past 2 seasons. Draft status bias?
    Eli Apple * You cant trust him but I know DG said hes going to give him a clean slate.
    Dwayne Harris * cap casualty
    Brandon Marshall * cap casualty
    Herzlich * nice story but we need productive players
    Kennard * injury prone
    JPP. * nobody wants that contract guess we have to wait 2 more years before we can move on.
    OV * the same goes for him. see above
    J.T. Thomas * cap casualty one of the bust free agent signings by JR.
    Keenan Robinson * injury prone

Free Agency and Trades
    1. LT- If Cordy Glenns foot checks out medically Id trade for him this offseason.
    2. LG- Sign Andrew Norwell hes be outstanding hes better than Pugh in all aspects Pass Protection also in the run game and is durable 35 consecutive games played.
    3. OLB - Tahir Whitehead solid LB and from North Jersey.
    4. If we trade or cut Eli we need a veteran QB.

Draft Needs after Free Agency:
    1. QB
    2. OL
    3. RB
    4. LB

-Try to keep Pugh. Maybe his price tag slipped a bit due to the injury and the Giants can get him for around 8mil a year instead of 10+.
    -Definitely keep Jones. He is a good center and can be tendered for around 2 mil I believe. Way cheaper option than Richburg will be.
    -Keep Fluker. He fits the mold of the big, mauler type guards that DG had in Carolina.
    -Re-sign Cockrell and Kennard. These guys will be cheap options and are solid players.

In FA, I don't think the Giants will have the cap space to sign the big names/top of the market guys, especially after re-signing all of those players. Right now they only have 32mil and will have to save around 10mil for the draft class. Number will increase after getting rid of Marshall, Harris and Jerry, and potentially DRC, but still not a lot of cap space to work with.

-I like Chris Hubbard, the RT from the Steelers. He won't command huge money, but he played very well for them when he had to step into the lineup and grades out very well. He also can play Guard and Center in a pinch. He is a starting caliber RT with some upside.
    - I like the Whitehead signing. He will be affordable and is a good LB with some coverage ability. Definitely an upgrade.

In the draft, I like the idea of taking Barkley at #2. He is the BPA and will immediately make the Giants a better team. I don't think they will go after a QB. Just my gut feeling.

-In RD 2, grab the best OT available. Maybe one of the top guys slips to RD 2. There will be some good options in RD2 regardless.
    -RD 3 go defense.
    -RD 4 get an interior OL to develop. Gettleman has had success drafting OL in the mid rounds. Hopefully he can strike gold once again.

Comment

I don't know how much money cutting ties with Eli & JPP would free up but if it could help to land Cousins I would be all in for that.
      Then sign Barkley if Browns don't take him. That's would I would like to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post
        I don't know how much money cutting ties with Eli & JPP would free up but if it could help to land Cousins I would be all in for that.
        Then sign Barkley if Browns don't take him. That's would I would like to see happen.
        JPP basically can't be cut. He's going to be here like it or not. BTW you can always google questions like this and get answers. Eli and it looks like the Giants would have to pay 12m in dead cap money for Eli. But, they can spread it around over two years and it would save them about 16m in cap space in 2018. Of course, there's a chance that someone would trade for Eli with no cap ramifications.

I think having Cousins in Shurmer system with Beckham Engram Sheppard and Barkley is a very interesting offense. Of course, they would have to get some stability with the OL. However, that's got some amazing potential, and they would all be very young.

Comment

Not in favor of a Cousins signing, decent guy but I don't think he raises his game under pressure. If the money was available I would sign Nate Solder away from the Pats. That ONE FA signing would change the O line completely, as long as Jones is retained. Richburg for a smaller deal as a guard perhaps. Pugh is just too much of an injury risk for a big contract.

Comment

You want 12 players cut that would result in over $50 million in dead cap this season LMAOOOOOOO

THE INTERNET NEEDS IQ TESTS ASAP

Comment

Sign Nate Solder and Andrew Norwell

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                You want 12 players cut that would result in over $50 million in dead cap this season LMAOOOOOOO

THE INTERNET NEEDS IQ TESTS ASAP
                Your an idiot if you actually read who 'id like to dump you will see that I also wrote why we are stuck with them. Before you try to act like a condescending ***** you should read the whole post.....

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Your an idiot if you actually read who 'id like to dump you will see that I also wrote why we are stuck with them. Before you try to act like a condescending ***** you should read the whole post.....
                  no thanks, I only skim through when people with low football IQ's post useless drivel

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post
                    If Cousins was behind our OL he would probably throw 30 interceptions.
                    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X