Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin and Jaguars: Did Blake Bortles' awful game increase odds of Giants trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin and Jaguars: Did Blake Bortles' awful game increase odds of Giants trade?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "No sooner had the Jacksonville Jaguars clinched their first playoff win since 2007 than the CBS television cameras panned in on executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin.

Coughlin was congratulating players on the victory over the Buffalo Bills, but you had to wonder if this thought was in the back of his mind the entire time: We need to improve our quarterback play immediately.

The former Giants coach watched as Blake Bortles had more rushing yards (88) than passing yards (87) for the first time in his career. He was two rushing attempts shy of becoming the first NFL quarterback since 1958 to have more rushing yards than passing yards while attempting at least 25 throws.

It epitomized just how ineffective the Jaguars' passing attack is ... and the reason that they are an underdog against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Here is the easy solution for Coughlin: Trade for Eli Manning." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If they traded for him this year they would be a better team this postseason. I think that is worth a 1st round pick in 2018 no? Too bad. Maybe this offseason....

Comment

If they're looking for someone who could never, ever have more rushing yards than passing yards in a game, Eli is definitely their man.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        If they're looking for someone who could never, ever have more rushing yards than passing yards in a game, Eli is definitely their man.
        Exactly what I thought as I read that. Neither Bortles or Tyrod saw their open men yesterday.

Comment

The bills were putting 7 in the box to stop Fournette and there were receivers open all over the place that Bortles never saw or missed them when he did.

That game would have been a laugher with a real qb playing for Jacksonville. I think TC will give the giants a call before the draft and check on what it would take.

Comment

Bortles is whack. Should not be allowed to throw a football.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "No sooner had the Jacksonville Jaguars clinched their first playoff win since 2007 than the CBS television cameras panned in on executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin.

Coughlin was congratulating players on the victory over the Buffalo Bills, but you had to wonder if this thought was in the back of his mind the entire time: We need to improve our quarterback play immediately.

The former Giants coach watched as Blake Bortles had more rushing yards (88) than passing yards (87) for the first time in his career. He was two rushing attempts shy of becoming the first NFL quarterback since 1958 to have more rushing yards than passing yards while attempting at least 25 throws.

It epitomized just how ineffective the Jaguars' passing attack is ... and the reason that they are an underdog against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Here is the easy solution for Coughlin: Trade for Eli Manning." Read more...
              I doubt it but I hope so.

Don't see Jax going for a guy of Eli's age. If they pass on Bortles option, I see them chasing a younger guy like maybe Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins or even Teddy Bridgewater.
              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I doubt it but I hope so.

Don't see Jax going for a guy of Eli's age. If they pass on Bortles option, I see them chasing a younger guy like maybe Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins or even Teddy Bridgewater.
                Maybe TC wants a clutch QB?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Maybe TC wants a clutch QB?
                  Not sure he wants a guy who hasn't been clutch for 6+ years.

Comment

No. Please stop, it is not happening!

Comment

Not sure he wants a guy who hasn't been clutch for 6+ years.
                      The jags team will have the best run offense and defense Eli has ever had in his career. Eli was let down by reese’s Inability to build a team around one of the greatest Giants of all time. Eli had similar numbers to bortles playing with practice squad players. Bortles had 7 in the box and still had trouble finding receivers. Last time someone did that, the eagles game and you saw what happened there.

I want Eli to finish here like Elway with a Super Bowl to end his career. But if we go in a different direction I hope he gets traded to the jags. Bringing a Super Bowl to a perennial losing franchise would undo all the Reese crap Eli has to attached to him from the last 6 years.

Comment

for eli`s sake i personally hope it happens

Comment

The jags team will have the best run offense and defense Eli has ever had in his career. Eli was let down by reese’s Inability to build a team around one of the greatest Giants of all time. Eli had similar numbers to bortles playing with practice squad players. Bortles had 7 in the box and still had trouble finding receivers. Last time someone did that, the eagles game and you saw what happened there.

I want Eli to finish here like Elway with a Super Bowl to end his career. But if we go in a different direction I hope he gets traded to the jags. Bringing a Super Bowl to a perennial losing franchise would undo all the Reese crap Eli has to attached to him from the last 6 years.
                          I don't see it at all. The Jags are a young team and they would be putting themselves in the exact situation in a year or two, that they are in now.

There are plenty of younger QB's available. I mentioned a few. Another that will most likely be available is Alex Smith who is only 33.

Comment

I don't see it at all. The Jags are a young team and they would be putting themselves in the exact situation in a year or two, that they are in now.

There are plenty of younger QB's available. I mentioned a few. Another that will most likely be available is Alex Smith who is only 33.
                            Alex smith? He has a loaded KC team, and had a loaded 49ers team. Alex Smith chokes in the playoffs. The jags can get into the playoffs and actually win a game without him.

besides I would take a Super Bowl a few years of mediocrity, besides a run game could even extend eli’s career. If TC thinks he can win with eli, why wouldn’t he make that deal?

Comment

Alex smith? He has a loaded KC team, and had a loaded 49ers team. Alex Smith chokes in the playoffs. The jags can get into the playoffs and actually win a game without him.

besides I would take a Super Bowl a few years of mediocrity, besides a run game could even extend eli’s career. If TC thinks he can win with eli, why wouldn’t he make that deal?
                              I don't see that at all. The KC defense is the problem. Alex Smith had a tremendous year.
                              What they need is a guy who doesn't make mistakes. And that's Alex Smith. I think he would be a perfect fit for Jax. A perfect compliment to that defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X