Trade Odell and trade back in draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Odell and trade back in draft

Yes trade our best player. It sucks. It it's just 1 angle to think of. Coming off major injury and will want 20 million a year ? Maybe we can get a 1st for him.
    I know I will get a lot of flack for this. But take a deep breath and think about it. It will most likely not happen. I wouldn' say it is impossible.

wrs don't win u Superbowls. A few pats teams In past had terrible wrs and they made it happen.

run ball tough d. Wins championships.

just an idea.

I do love Odell. He is the most exciting player since a Shockey ?

and trade back in the draft with a 37 yr old QB? Stop already.

Comment

The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        Yes trade our best player. It sucks. It it's just 1 angle to think of. Coming off major injury and will want 20 million a year ? Maybe we can get a 1st for him.
        I know I will get a lot of flack for this. But take a deep breath and think about it. It will most likely not happen. I wouldn' say it is impossible.

wrs don't win u Superbowls. A few pats teams In past had terrible wrs and they made it happen.

run ball tough d. Wins championships.

just an idea.

I do love Odell. He is the most exciting player since a Shockey ?
        I’ve been saying the same thing, and yes, people will let loose with the vitriol and the insults, just like they did towards mewhen I said that they shouldn’t pay JPP and to let him walk.
        Now everyone calls him an overpaid ghost and a bum.
        They’ll come to regret it with Beckham as well, if they’re foolish enough to pay him a mint and sign him long term!
        And not for nothing......I don’t think Gettleman is going to.
        Watch what a team player Beckham isn’t when Gettleman says “no way” to making him the highest paid player in the NFL!!
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Only way the Giant's trade Odell is for a top 10 pick and another pick.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
            and trade back in the draft with a 37 yr old QB? Stop already.
            I will say this...unless you have a conviction to draft one of the QBs at #2 and he is still available if the browns don't select him or someone trades up to the #1 pick...trade back for the extra picks. No use in drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB if he is not your guy

Comment

I also have been saying trade OBJ . I also don't see anything , that makes me jump for the top2 QB's inthe draft .
              I believe Browns will take a QB . As for our 2nd pick , Trade down for more picks or draft Barkley.

Extra picks help OL & LB situation !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would not mine if we can get a high NO 1 pick plus a third round pick.

Comment

Eli without Odell looked horrible and you want to trade him lol, and if they move on from Eli leave they new QB without a play maker, these Trade Odell threads are bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I will say this...unless you have a conviction to draft one of the QBs at #2 and he is still available if the browns don't select him or someone trades up to the #1 pick...trade back for the extra picks. No use in drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB if he is not your guy

If you can't find a QB in the Country with the #2 pick overall then you likely can't find anybody. What position are you going to find with no worries? Go get an OL from a spread offense? Get an HB with no OL? Want another DE? How about a CB? Who are you going to have convictions about with no worries?

You don't think if there was a can't miss QB you wouldn't have to win a bidding war down the road? How about 3 #1's for a guy you have convictions for b/c that's going to be the price if you're sitting in QB hell at 7-9 or 8-8 for can't miss.

The 37 yr old QB can read a defense and doesn't get hurt yet everything has to perfect around him to be consistent and overcome his accuracy issues and his mental lapses. Can't possibly have conviction in Eli anymore yet he could win but he won't be around much longer.

Ask yourself this, with two more wins sitting in the Jets position how many would be begging the Giants to move up? How about the Giants trading back and the Jets moving up for a QB? Talk about hell.

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                      The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol
                      Daniel Murphy was a free agent if I’m not mistaken

Comment

yeah aend him to the Browns.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

If you can't find a QB in the Country with the #2 pick overall then you likely can't find anybody. What position are you going to find with no worries? Go get an OL from a spread offense? Get an HB with no OL? Want another DE? How about a CB? Who are you going to have convictions about with no worries?

You don't think if there was a can't miss QB you wouldn't have to win a bidding war down the road? How about 3 #1's for a guy you have convictions for b/c that's going to be the price if you're sitting in QB hell at 7-9 or 8-8 for can't miss.

The 37 yr old QB can read a defense and doesn't get hurt yet everything has to perfect around him to be consistent and overcome his accuracy issues and his mental lapses. Can't possibly have conviction in Eli anymore yet he could win but he won't be around much longer.

Ask yourself this, with two more wins sitting in the Jets position how many would be begging the Giants to move up? How about the Giants trading back and the Jets moving up for a QB? Talk about hell.
                          My point about not drafting a QB at #2 wasn't because I think Eli is still the answer, heck Eli may not even be here next season? Maybe a Jacksonville Jaguar? My point is that if the QB that you really want and feel will be your next franchise QB is not there you don't draft a QB just to draft a QB. You draft a player that you feel is a game changer, whether a defensive or offensive player. The Giants didn't do too bad drafting LT at #2. Who knows maybe Webb is the starting QB next season or we draft the starter in a later round?
                          Last edited by Eli_QB10; 01-11-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

its a double edge sword. It can work out or it can bite you in the ***. If they had another very good WR to fill his spot I would say it may be a more viable move but they have none.
                            The other thing is that Beckum is not just a good WR he is showing he can and may be an all time great. Tough to part with a player like that. The injury thing is interesting as well.

the OP said WRs dont win you SBs.....
                            well you're wrong they do. Or at least the contribute hugely to the success of a team. More so than a top flight RB as the OP mentioned too .
                            "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post
                              Eli without Odell looked horrible and you want to trade him lol, and if they move on from Eli leave they new QB without a play maker, these Trade Odell threads are bad...
                              And these trade Odell threads will continue until he's no longer a Giant. No team will give up a H. Walker type deal for Odell and imo thats what it should take to get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X