Trade Odell and trade back in draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
    The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

And these trade Odell threads will continue until he's no longer a Giant. No team will give up a H. Walker type deal for Odell and imo thats what it should take to get him.
      exactly, Odell is worth a lot more than a first round pick. He's one of the seminal receivers of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        Yes trade our best player. It sucks. It it's just 1 angle to think of. Coming off major injury and will want 20 million a year ? Maybe we can get a 1st for him.
        I know I will get a lot of flack for this. But take a deep breath and think about it. It will most likely not happen. I wouldn' say it is impossible.

wrs don't win u Superbowls. A few pats teams In past had terrible wrs and they made it happen.

run ball tough d. Wins championships.

just an idea.

I do love Odell. He is the most exciting player since a Shockey ?
        Better get (2) 1st's and a 2nd rounder for Odell Beckham
        receivers with names like Keyshawn Johnson and Joey Galloway went for a pair of 1st rounder's back in the day. For the most electrifying receiver in the game I would expect nothing less than a Hershel Walker type of package.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
          Yes trade our best player. It sucks. It it's just 1 angle to think of. Coming off major injury and will want 20 million a year ? Maybe we can get a 1st for him.
          I know I will get a lot of flack for this. But take a deep breath and think about it. It will most likely not happen. I wouldn' say it is impossible.

wrs don't win u Superbowls. A few pats teams In past had terrible wrs and they made it happen.

run ball tough d. Wins championships.

just an idea.

I do love Odell. He is the most exciting player since a Shockey ?
          I agree. We can get a 2nd rounder for Odell. I think the smart plan would be to aim for 2 year rebuild considering how deep in the hole the team is. Start Geno at QB. Draft Barkley or a stud and future team captain on the OL or defense. We need to think value. Geno produced as well as Eli in 1 game and he doesn't even make 1 million per year. We pay too much for subpar players and draft too many reaches. Time to change the culture and remove the cancers that hold back the team.
          I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

IF OBJ was not already a Giant, there would 10 threads on this board saying to trade all of our draft picks to get him on the team. It's really kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
              IF OBJ was not already a Giant, there would 10 threads on this board saying to trade all of our draft picks to get him on the team. It's really kinda funny.
              True.¬* The grass is always greener...
              ¬*

Comment

Maybe we can get 1st ?? Lol

Comment

MAYBE a 1st for Odell!?!?!?!
                  ]
                  Only way im trading him is for both of clevelands 1st round picks.... hell id only trade him for ALL of their picks and id probably regret the deal afterwards, LOL
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    If the Giants were picking 6 or beyond this year the fans would all want to trade everything to move up for a QB.

Comment

Trading Odell would be the dumbest move ever by the Giants. Heís the heart ans soul of the offense. He also isnít shooting himself in the leg like Plax or mouthting off like Shockey.

In last years draft, do you know the top wide receivers in it taken in the first round?

Drafted No. 5 overall by the Tennessee Titans
                      Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan, 6-2⅞, 209 (none, ankle surgery)

Drafted No. 7 by the San Diego Chargers
                      Mike Williams, WR, Clemson, 6-3⅝, 218 (4.54)

Drafted No. 9 by the Cincinnati Bengals
                      John Ross, WR, Washington, 5-10⅜, 188 (4.22)

Look at these receivers taken in the first round -- Corey Davis had 34 catches, Mike Williams had 11 and John Ross had none. None of the three had touchdowns.

They were top 10 picks. Weíve been bad at drafting #1 wideouts. #2 wideouts, yes, like Amani Toomer, Steve Smith and Sterling Shepard. WR can be just as big a crapshoot as QB in the draft.

Look at all the busts like Jerrell Jernigan, and Ramses Barden.

So you want to trade one of our best draft picks ever and one of our best wide receivers ever? We build through the draft. We have lost a lot of picks due to injury, busts and rarely retaining any beyomd their rookie contract.

Amazingly, despite this we still have a decent young core like Beckham, Shepard, Gallman, Darkwa, Engram, Tomlinson, Goodson and Collins. Continuity and playing, developing and growing together matters. We donít sign many free agents at least try not to.

We have tons of holes to fill and many llayers coming off injury yet people want to trade one of our best players and best players im the NFL for unknowns. We traded a pick and also donít have all of our picks and have a slew of free agents. Even keeping our core intact, we will still have to sign several players which means a team of unfamiliar okayers which will take time
                      to gel as it is.

it just boggles the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                        The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol
                        Baseball is nothing like football. Baseball is a game of individual performances. Football requires a lot more team coordination.

The Mets were never going to pay Murphy what he was worth. So actually trading him they at least got something for him. That aside, the Mets are a team of bandaids. And not good ones either. The cheap plastic ones that fall off right after you put them on. And they brought back Bruce. Are you fricking kidding me. Team has more holes than a pasta strainer.

Comment

Teams spend millions of dollars a year on scouting the draft to try and find players like Odel. Not only is he one of the best at his position, he's also young and he's increases the value of the team--as the Giants with him are a huge ratings draw. There's no way Mara would let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

And these trade Odell threads will continue until he's no longer a Giant. No team will give up a H. Walker type deal for Odell and imo thats what it should take to get him.
                            I agree trade him and the second for 4 1sts and 3 2nds and their LT. no less.
                            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcC View Post

Baseball is nothing like football. Baseball is a game of individual performances. Football requires a lot more team coordination.

The Mets were never going to pay Murphy what he was worth. So actually trading him they at least got something for him. That aside, the Mets are a team of bandaids. And not good ones either. The cheap plastic ones that fall off right after you put them on. And they brought back Bruce. Are you fricking kidding me. Team has more holes than a pasta strainer.
                              I agree with this as a whole.

The Mets let Murph walk. They got nothing. They signed a player for big money that can't stay on the field. Just poor talent management.
                              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

If the Giants can afford to pay him, and they will be able to, then there is absolutely no reason to trade Odell. He is still young, and a Hall-of-Fame level talent. He is the best offensive talent this team has ever had. I don't understand the obsession of trading a great player who is in his prime for a draft picks that are not even guaranteed to hit.

Odell is the kind of talent teams dream about landing in the draft, and now that we finally got a player of his magnitude, everyone wants to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X