Trade Odell and trade back in draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
    Yes trade our best player. It sucks. It it's just 1 angle to think of. Coming off major injury and will want 20 million a year ? Maybe we can get a 1st for him.
    Maybe?? are you kidding me.. that trade would START with AT LEAST 1 first round pick and then some

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I agree with this as a whole.

The Mets let Murph walk. They got nothing. They signed a player for big money that can't stay on the field. Just poor talent management.
      That did happen plain and simple. But I dont think anyone could have predicted the monster years he has had since he left. He never had anything close to them here.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

That did happen plain and simple. But I dont think anyone could have predicted the monster years he has had since he left. He never had anything close to them here.
        i agree. The playoff run was not a fluke but more of a precursor.
        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
          The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol
          Murphy had a good post season...He wasn't babe Ruth

They traded R.A. Dickey....That worked out ok
          Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
            The last few years, ive watched the crappy Mets trade away some of their "best" hitters.2nd baseman daniel murphy, easily the best pure hitter on the team, was traded right after the 2015 season. They havent filled that hole since, really. They traded right fielder jay bruce, only to be searching vainly for someone to fill that spot... etc etc etc.

point being, you dont get rid of amazing talent to replace it with "meh". if we traded obj, a once in a generation talent, we'd feel it. Look at this season, look at our receivers without him.

No way. I agree that hes gotta chill with the antics, but hes got a lot of heart. Hes worth friggin 14 points a game sometimes lol
            Not too mention we have no idea the caliber of player we would get with that extra 1st. OBJ is proven and will only get better. Picks aren't guaranteed. We hit a Grand Slam with OBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

I’ve been saying the same thing, and yes, people will let loose with the vitriol and the insults, just like they did towards mewhen I said that they shouldn’t pay JPP and to let him walk.
              Now everyone calls him an overpaid ghost and a bum.
              They’ll come to regret it with Beckham as well, if they’re foolish enough to pay him a mint and sign him long term!
              And not for nothing......I don’t think Gettleman is going to.
              Watch what a team player Beckham isn’t when Gettleman says “no way” to making him the highest paid player in the NFL!!
              You don't know that fans will regret OBJ. Do you think Pitt regrets AB even though he was not a first rounder?? The only way fans regret OBJ is if he falls off a cliff and is no longer the monster he has been to date. As far as his pay desires, why not shoot for the moon?? He deserves it! Whether or not he gets it is just business. As long as he is not low balled I believe he will be fine with it. Like I've said before you either like OBJ or you don't, not very many are able to be objective, its always the mountain out of a mole hill approach. Meanwhile, they celebrate every mind boggling catch he makes! SMH

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

And these trade Odell threads will continue until he's no longer a Giant. No team will give up a H. Walker type deal for Odell and imo thats what it should take to get him.
                Thank You!!! Ppl are ridiculous. Look at the things AB has done...pelvic thrusts in the end zone, locker room vid etc. but he is still a STAR and a vital part of their O. I really wish I could get a birds eye view into the lives of some of these fans that elect to crucify this young man at every turn! SMH
                No but they sit on their soap box playin holy. I don't agree with everything he has done and yes a lot is overblown but how about waiting until he does something worthy of all the cryin ppl do over him. As far as trading him there is NO guarantee what we would get or how they would pan out. OBJ is proven despite the ONE poor game against GB. I will take those odds any day!! ONE bad game in 4....3.5 years

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I agree trade him and the second for 4 1sts and 3 2nds and their LT. no less.
                  LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X