What you'd get for trading JPP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you'd get for trading JPP

lots of talk about trading odell, but that is crazy talk... trading JPP is more realistic...

But what would the NYG get in return?

well it has been suggested that JPP could still be a stud in a 3-4 system, so some team may go for the deal....

the bigget benefit would be to dump that big nasty contract and free up cap for grabbing a FA

maybe a guy like nate solder or maybe ziggy ansah or whomever, or just to make it easier to resign Landon collins or OBJ or whatever else they need cap for

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/1...roximate-value
    OK so he has an 8 AV >>>>>
    past history suggests then he is worth the same as jerrigan was >>>
    https://twitter.com/DanPizzuta/statu...59759663689729

so you get in return

A. dumpt he contract
    B. sign a big name FA
    C. swap picks swapping our third this year for someones second this year....& move up from our third round at what is it? 96 to a second round pick at about 65-70.... enabling you 2 second round picks in a draft that is absolutely loaded in round 2

would you do it? if yes why? if not why not?

jernigan was drafted 48 overall in round 2 and was resigned for 4 year deal

BTW calais campbell has an Av of 16 DOUBLE what JPP had this year.... he signed with jacksonville for the basically the same deal that JPP got.... sigh

https://www.pro-football-reference.c....0&order_by=av

Nate solder has an Av of 10

so it is an upgrade numbers wise trading JPP for solder plus the draft bump

seems like a no brainer ...curious what you guys think.... maybe JPP has a banner year next season and makes us regret it though...

all presuming we found a trade partner of course
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-20-2018, 09:44 AM.

So JPP and our 3rd for someones 2nd round pick?

ehhhh id rather not include our 3rd round pick, maybe JPP for a 2nd straight up. Then we would have cap space to sign Andrew Norwell and DJ Fluker, and could draft Bradley Chubb 2nd overall or Clelin Ferrell in the 2nd or 3rd
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      So JPP and our 3rd for someones 2nd round pick?

ehhhh id rather not include our 3rd round pick, maybe JPP for a 2nd straight up. Then we would have cap space to sign Andrew Norwell and DJ Fluker, and could draft Bradley Chubb 2nd overall or Clelin Ferrell in the 2nd or 3rd
      i hear ya man. but i'm just the messenger... that is what the charts says JPP is worth.... not a penny more(according to the chart) LOL

remember though you are going to get nate solder, who you would not get otherwise

think of this way you can get say norwell and solder plus the draft day bump

Comment

would not be upset at all if they found a way to off load him and get something.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

+1
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Good player, but not worth his cap hit. I'd take a 3rd just to unload most of his cap hit. We would still eat his bonus money
            Long Live the King

Comment

+1...hundred thousand!!!!!
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

JPP is not going anywhere. He can't be released financially and no one is going to trade for him. The best hope is that with a new culture and a good start to the season, he'll be reenergized and be a productive pass rusher again next year for the Giants. I for one understand some of the apathy that was happening on the defense this year. So, it's possible that both JPP and others can have a much better season. It's only human nature to let down a little with everything going on.

I'd move on to the next issue--as this one is a waste of time.

Comment

If it allows them to sign Solder and/or Norwell sign me up. Also like the idea of trading up into the 2nd

Comment

Most likely a middle round draft choice. I would say a 4th or a 5th.
                    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      Most likely a middle round draft choice. I would say a 4th or a 5th.
                      sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
                        If it allows them to sign Solder and/or Norwell sign me up. Also like the idea of trading up into the 2nd
                        yup, agree

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          Good player, but not worth his cap hit. I'd take a 3rd just to unload most of his cap hit. We would still eat his bonus money
                          sounds like a plan!

Comment

The Giants have zero leverage with that contract. We'd either get very little in return or have to agree to pay most of his salary while he plays for another team.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post
                              The Giants have zero leverage with that contract. We'd either get very little in return or have to agree to pay most of his salary while he plays for another team.
                              not according to the chart i posted, right?

what is little in return? did you look at the links, saying what you could get in return?

Comment

Working...
                              X