No announcement yet.

What you'd get for trading JPP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much. You would only do it as a cap move. The key to getting value out of JPPs contract at this point is to utilize him differently. They’ll unlikely get their money’s worth but to recoup something I would make him a rotational player if possible. He has had many injuries and the Giants put him out there 95% of snaps. Stupid. At this point less is more with JPP.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

not according to the chart i posted, right?

what is little in return? did you look at the links, saying what you could get in return?
      I didn't look at those links because there's a fundamental flaw in your post...you're not taking the salary cap and contract into consideration.

You can post his metric values all day and that doesn't mean anything when you factor in the business of the NFL. In order to make a trade you have to have a willing partner. Again...the Giants have no leverage with trading Pierre Paul.

And if im being honest I pretty much stopped reading when you suggested that Pierre Paul could be traded for Solder straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        Not much. You would only do it as a cap move. The key to getting value out of JPPs contract at this point is to utilize him differently. They’ll unlikely get their money’s worth but to recoup something I would make him a rotational player if possible. He has had many injuries and the Giants put him out there 95% of snaps. Stupid. At this point less is more with JPP.
        good points. tdawg also said that if we switch to a 3-4 defense then JPP could be a star again potentially. But is it worth having the entire team have to learn a new system of defense?

i know swapping a third for a second rounder does not seem like much, but it could be the difference between getting a super player that fell a bit versus getting a third round dud or average player. Ya never know.

the big appeal though is the freeing of cap space to get one of the FA

jarvis landry, nate solder or ziggy ansah, resign fluker, guy who become available later on, trade scenario, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

I didn't look at those links because there's a fundamental flaw in your post...you're not taking the salary cap and contract into consideration.

You can post his metric values all day and that doesn't mean anything when you factor in the business of the NFL. In order to make a trade you have to have a willing partner. Again...the Giants have no leverage with trading Pierre Paul.

And if im being honest I pretty much stopped reading when you suggested that Pierre Paul could be traded for Solder straight up.
          actually that is exactly what the links are doing... the flaw is you haven't read properly. you just talking out of your butt without reading first.

never did i say you could trade solder straight up.

i said you could use the cap savings to obtain solder. which is exactly true. it could be done.

If you had read, you would have read that i said presuming you have a trade partner.

you have avoided the questions i asked...so, clearly you are not trying and only want to be thread detractor....

move on to another thread please. thanks
          Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-20-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

actually that is exactly what the links are doing... the flaw is you haven't read properly. you just talking out of your butt without reading first.

never did i say you could trade solder straight up.

i said you could use the cap savings to obtain solder. which is exactly true. it could be done.

If you had read, you would have read that i said presuming you have a trade partner.

you have avoided the questions i asked...so, clearly you are not trying and only want to be thread detractor....

move on to another thread please. thanks
            "well it has been suggested that JPP could still be a stud in a 3-4 system, so some team may go for the deal.."

your words ^

Name those teams willing to trade for Pierre Paul.

Thanks

Comment

A thumb and half a finger.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                A thumb and half a finger.
                rofl!

Now THAT is funny!

Comment

"well it has been suggested that JPP could still be a stud in a 3-4 system, so some team may go for the deal.."

your words ^

Name those teams willing to trade for Pierre Paul.

Thanks
                  i asked you nicely to move on.. Please move on.... maybe you forgot to read again.... move on dude...thanks

we get it dude. youa ren't any fun... you don't want to go along with the premise of the thread...you are convinced JPP has zero value..... OK? feel better? i read and understood your posts... now please go find another different thread to troll..thanks

Comment

i asked you nicely to move on.. Please move on.... maybe you forgot to read again.... move on dude...thanks
                    So you can't name a single one.

Thanks for supporting my argument that exposes your fundamental flaw.

You can move on to other posters willing to entertain this silly thread's premise.

Comment

So you can't name a single one.

Thanks for supporting my argument that exposes your fundamental flaw.

You can move on to other posters willing to entertain this silly thread's premise.
                      Perhaps every team in the league would entertain a trade proposal for JPP. your premise that JPP has zero value to any team in the league is what i ridiculous. for the last time. move on and stop being a troll.... thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
                        JPP is not going anywhere. He can't be released financially and no one is going to trade for him. The best hope is that with a new culture and a good start to the season, he'll be reenergized and be a productive pass rusher again next year for the Giants. I for one understand some of the apathy that was happening on the defense this year. So, it's possible that both JPP and others can have a much better season. It's only human nature to let down a little with everything going on.

I'd move on to the next issue--as this one is a waste of time.
                        This. Exactly.

Comment

a bag of skittles guy's been terrible last 5-6 years

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            would not be upset at all if they found a way to off load him and get something.
                            this^^^^^ is exactly how i feel about the situation.......

It is nice to see that article showing what one may be able to get for JPP.

I'm thankful to the author for putting it up today.

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
                              a bag of skittles guy's been terrible last 5-6 years
                              sold!

Comment

Jpp has been far from terrible. He just hasn't been an elite player, but he is a good player. He doesn't make a defense worse, but his pass rush skills have declined.
                                Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                                X