No announcement yet.

What you'd get for trading JPP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully someone with two functioning hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
      Jpp has been far from terrible. He just hasn't been an elite player, but he is a good player. He doesn't make a defense worse, but his pass rush skills have declined.
      yeah. but is he a good value? or can they try to do better? gotta bargain shop in the nfl with the cap rules, no?

at the very least he has to agree to a pay cut... no?
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-20-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

JPP isn't going anywhere yet

how many holes can they fill in one off season you can't jettison the starting DE with the lack of depth we have on this team

it would create to big a hole to fill this off-season imo

Comment

Jpp has been far from terrible. He just hasn't been an elite player, but he is a good player. He doesn't make a defense worse, but his pass rush skills have declined.
          Might help him if he had a good LB playing behind him.
          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Might help him if he had a good LB playing behind him.
            A good pass rushing LB is the only thing that could help him. A run stopping LB would just mask him blowing tackles on the RB going to his non grabbing side. Imagine trying to arm tackle with a club... I would coach my RB's to always hit the whole on his club hand side

Long Live the King

Comment

A good pass rushing LB is the only thing that could help him. A run stopping LB would just mask him blowing tackles on the RB going to his non grabbing side. Imagine trying to arm tackle with a club... I would coach my RB's to always hit the whole on his club hand side
              I dont think he needs help against the run. He wore a glove for most of the season. Do you think the club is a permanent thing? I didnt hear anything about it during the season.
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Good player, but not worth his cap hit. I'd take a 3rd just to unload most of his cap hit. We would still eat his bonus money
                Oh god I would take a third or even a fourth for JPP no problem

Comment

A scenario Ive been in favor of is trading back to the mid-teens and grabbing Arden Key. He has a few off the field concerns, but has a ton of potential. Hes athletic enough to play off the ball as a linebacker and has the size and frame to spell JPP and Vernon. Id like to see JPP rush the passer from the 3t on obvious passing downs a little bit too. Hed probably have to gain a little bit more strength, but I think his length and suddenness could be a problem for guards, while his hand, or lack thereof, could be less of a deterrent.

Bottom line, I think Vernon, JPP, and Key could seriously improve our pass rush. Also, I think Tomlinson has the potential to grow his game and be able to collapse the pocket.

Comment

JPP's contract makes him literally untradeable in 2018 so the conversation in terms of this thread is completely moot. I agree with what someone else said which was that to get the most production out of him you probably need to use him less. He played the most snaps of any DE in the NFL this year. His production was in line with what he's produced historically but there was no explosive play, probably in part because the guy is shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

A scenario Ive been in favor of is trading back to the mid-teens and grabbing Arden Key. He has a few off the field concerns, but has a ton of potential. Hes athletic enough to play off the ball as a linebacker and has the size and frame to spell JPP and Vernon. Id like to see JPP rush the passer from the 3t on obvious passing downs a little bit too. Hed probably have to gain a little bit more strength, but I think his length and suddenness could be a problem for guards, while his hand, or lack thereof, could be less of a deterrent.

Bottom line, I think Vernon, JPP, and Key could seriously improve our pass rush. Also, I think Tomlinson has the potential to grow his game and be able to collapse the pocket.
                      arden key was pegged as a top 5 guy prior to the season... he tried to gain weight in the offseason plus dealt with an injury... he could drop to round 2 potentially... he is projected end of round 1 top of round 2 i think.......

he did not have a stellar senior season, and did not look like a top guy in 2017 to my eyes. i was a big fan prior to the season. not sure what to make of it all.

so many good prospects to choose from in the top of round 2.......... we shall see but it is definitely a possibility

the new Dc should spell OV and JPP more though i would imagine in any case

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2018-nfl-draft
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-24-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

"What you'd get for trading JPP"

cap space.
                        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

well it looks like the new DC has big plans for JPP in the new 3-4 scheme. that is exciting....

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...PAul-114321914

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

Oh god I would take a third or even a fourth for JPP no problem
                            With jpps cap hit and his performance this past season with his lack of pass rush, i dont see the giants getting anything for him. His getting top 10 dline money with no where near that for performance.

and not to mention his injury history.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

What would is cap hit be if he were a June 1st cut?

Comment

Originally posted by GiantNYFan8 View Post
                                What would is cap hit be if he were a June 1st cut?
                                he won't be cut. The new Defensive coordinator has big plans to utilize JPP apparently^^^^ read up above^^^

the switch to a new defense with more of a 3-4 look is a chance for JPP to shine and get back to form.

He looked fantastic last preseason. We all thought he would have a monster year.

cross our fingers and hope for the best is about all we can do anyway.
                                Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-30-2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X