Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Free Agents interest you??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which Free Agents interest you??

    For me, i want our pre-draft to look like

    Sign:
    OG Andrew Norwell
    CB EJ Gaines
    LB Avery Williamson

    Re-Sign:
    CB Ross Cockrell
    LB Devon Kennard

    Cut:
    WR Dwayne Harris
    OG John Jerry
    WR Brandon Marshall
    CB Eli Apple

    Re-Structure DRC, if he wont move try him at FS or he needs to be cut

    #1 Priority: Sign Andrew Norwell, he was a 26yr old pro bowl caliber OG who Gettleman signed undrafted. Pugh is gonna get a boat load of $$$, Norwell will too, but he doesnt miss 1/3 of the season every year.

    #2: Re-Sign Ross Cockrell, he was a blessing in disguise. He came in last year and was supposed to be a #3 or 4 cb and by the end was our #2 guy. Hes young, cheap, and can cover

    #3: EJ Gaines, if he didnt miss a ton of games in the past few seasons he would be higher, last season however he was a pro bowl caliber cb for the bills and recieved a 85.9 rating from PFF

    #4: Avery Williamson, he is a 26yr old run stuffing ILB from Tenn who could use some work on his coverage, but has potential as a starter, got a sick 86 rating from everyones favorite site PFF

    Id LOVE to get Fluker back, if Norwell doesnt sign here. I dont think we would have the money for both, but if we somehow do, im all for it

    Who are some FA guy you want us to sign???
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  • #2
    I like Fluker and Kennard to resign the rest including Justin Pugh and Weston Richburgh can take a walk as far as I'm concerned

    Comment


    • #3
      Also they can't just cut Apple he was a top 10 pick not even 2 years ago yet
      if they absolutely need him off the team I'm sure a team like the Patriots or someone would give us a 4th or 5th rounder for him IMO

      Comment


      • #4
        The Giants should focus on the OL and LB core in FA. Some of the guys I like are
        1. LG Andrew Norwell- this should be the Giants top target IMO. He'd be a great building block for the OL and money well spent (26 yrs old, all pro this season)
        2. LB Anthony Hitchens- very underrated LB, may be a bit too pricey though if they prioritize Norwell. He's only 25 years old and is a sideline to sideline LB who is familiar with the division
        3. LB Kevin Minter- he had 2 of his best years as an ILB in Bettcher's system. He is a solid, starting caliber LB that should come at a fair price.
        4. OL Chris Hubbard- only 26 years old, stepped in and played well for Pittsburgh at RT. Can also play guard. He has some upside and can be an above average starting RT.
        5. RT Ju'wuan James- Miami rescinded his 5th year option, but he actually graded out as one of the better RT's in the NFL. Also only 25 years old with a high ceiling. Won't be cheap, but won't command Solder/Norwell money

        Obviously can't get all of these guys but they are the guys I'm intrigued by.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not a big Kennard fan. I feel like he is the epitome of mediocre. Okay with him coming back at a bargain basement price, but if he is looking for real money, I would let him walk.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Not a big Kennard fan. I feel like he is the epitome of mediocre. Okay with him coming back at a bargain basement price, but if he is looking for real money, I would let him walk.
            I would pay him. He has real pass rush ability. Good fit for the new DC. He is actually a very good player. Has skillset that is more than the usual. I don't think they can afford to lose him if I'm honest. He is not as easily replaced as you think. He is cheap pass rush $$$. I wouldn't be surprised if Bettcher wanted to use him as an every-down rusher. At the very least he is a very good blitzer.

            Would also re-sign Cockrell.

            The "big name" FAs I would go after is Norwell and/or Solder.
            Last edited by TE88; 01-30-2018, 06:53 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              the FA that interest me are the Fa that offer the best value. The Fas that help the team the most for the least amount of cap space. Th ones that come cheaper than the guys on other teams and play better than them or close to it. Those are my guys.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                I would pay him. He has real pass rush ability. Good fit for the new DC. He is actually a very good player. Has skillset that is more than the usual. I don't think they can afford to lose him if I'm honest. He is not as easily replaced as you think. He is cheap pass rush $$$. I wouldn't be surprised if Bettcher wanted to use him as an every-down rusher. At the very least he is a very good blitzer.

                Would also re-sign Cockrell.

                The "big name" FAs I would go after is Norwell and/or Solder.
                Kenard should excel in the new defensive system, along with JPP according to what i've read. Spags lauded kenards pass rush ability, saying he was the best pass rusher on the team.... he could be a valuable guy to the new DC. we shall see

                .https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/...-fords-future/

                A player that Im a fan of that could be both available and a fit is Giants linebacker Devon Kennard. Taken in the same 2014 draft out of Southern California (USC); Kennard has produced solid numbers
                with the Giants and is the same age as Ford. Since coming into the league, Kennard has recorded 203 tackles and 9.5 sacks in nearly the same number of games (Ford has played in 51, Kennard in 52.) With a new staff in New York, perhaps Kennard is not retained, and the Chiefs are able to land the young linebacker. Hes not a star, but could be a solid piece when surrounded by a developing Chris Jones, Justin Houston and others.

                Comment


                • #9
                  WR Dwayne Harris frees up 2.5
                  OG John Jerry frees up 2.5
                  WR Brandon Marshall frees up 5.2
                  CB Eli Apple is negative 8.9 against the cap

                  Cutting these 4 players only frees up 1.3 million and adds 4 roster (3 starters ) to fill.

                  Not cost effective with Apple.

                  Without cutting Apple it creates 10.2 and 3 roster spots ( 2 starter). Can a starting OG a returner and a Number 2 receiver be obtained for less money?
                  "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    the FA that interest me are the Fa that offer the best value. The Fas that help the team the most for the least amount of cap space. Th ones that come cheaper than the guys on other teams and play better than them or close to it. Those are my guys.
                    Im pretty sure those are EVERYONES favorite free agents


                    Care to name drop?? Or are these guys your confidential informants, LOL
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TEM View Post
                      WR Dwayne Harris frees up 2.5
                      OG John Jerry frees up 2.5
                      WR Brandon Marshall frees up 5.2
                      CB Eli Apple is negative 8.9 against the cap

                      Cutting these 4 players only frees up 1.3 million and adds 4 roster (3 starters ) to fill.

                      Not cost effective with Apple.

                      Without cutting Apple it creates 10.2 and 3 roster spots ( 2 starter). Can a starting OG a returner and a Number 2 receiver be obtained for less money?
                      Oh damn, didnt realize cutting apple hurt us that much. Who knows maybe we can trade him for a late mid round pick anything from a 4th-6th
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                        Im pretty sure those are EVERYONES favorite free agents


                        Care to name drop?? Or are these guys your confidential informants, LOL
                        norwell or solder i suppose

                        would love ziggy ansah but that aint happening so....

                        any and all linebackers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                          Oh damn, didnt realize cutting apple hurt us that much. Who knows maybe we can trade him for a late mid round pick anything from a 4th-6th
                          If we can trade him, but I still think the kid has talent .i would give him another season.
                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TEM View Post

                            If we can trade him, but I still think the kid has talent .i would give him another season.
                            I know everyone saw our teams issues with him this past season so we might not get the best value, IF anyone wants him for a pick.

                            As long as he changed his attitude, im fine with him coming back this season. Like alot of fans i was totally disappointed and disgusted with his attitude
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                              I know everyone saw our teams issues with him this past season so we might not get the best value, IF anyone wants him for a pick.

                              As long as he changed his attitude, im fine with him coming back this season. Like alot of fans i was totally disappointed and disgusted with his attitude
                              I believe he will be fine with the right attitude adjustment.
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X