No announcement yet.

Which Free Agents interest you??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a chance apple gets cut, the talent is there, and maybe a new regime irons him out. the only linebacker the giants should be focusing on come FA is prying nigel bradham away from the eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      For me, i want our pre-draft to look like

Sign:
      OG Andrew Norwell
      CB EJ Gaines
      LB Avery Williamson

Re-Sign:
      CB Ross Cockrell
      LB Devon Kennard

Cut:
      WR Dwayne Harris
      OG John Jerry
      WR Brandon Marshall
      CB Eli Apple

Re-Structure DRC, if he wont move try him at FS or he needs to be cut

#1 Priority: Sign Andrew Norwell, he was a 26yr old pro bowl caliber OG who Gettleman signed undrafted. Pugh is gonna get a boat load of $$$, Norwell will too, but he doesnt miss 1/3 of the season every year.

#2: Re-Sign Ross Cockrell, he was a blessing in disguise. He came in last year and was supposed to be a #3 or 4 cb and by the end was our #2 guy. Hes young, cheap, and can cover

#3: EJ Gaines, if he didnt miss a ton of games in the past few seasons he would be higher, last season however he was a pro bowl caliber cb for the bills and recieved a 85.9 rating from PFF

#4: Avery Williamson, he is a 26yr old run stuffing ILB from Tenn who could use some work on his coverage, but has potential as a starter, got a sick 86 rating from everyones favorite site PFF

Id LOVE to get Fluker back, if Norwell doesnt sign here. I dont think we would have the money for both, but if we somehow do, im all for it

Who are some FA guy you want us to sign???
      Definitely on board w Gaines and Williamson, but Gaines has HUGE durability issues, Id spend the extra cash and sign Trumaine Johnson, which could give us the ability to get out of DRCs $8M+ hes due.

Larmarcus Joyner to pair w Collins is also pretty intriguing. If we cant land Joyner we could get Tre Boston at a fraction of the price as a FS. That would give us one of the/if not the best secondary in the league. JaWuan James intrigues me as a RT (we need tackles, bad).

Navorro Bowman and Nigel Bradham would be good gets if we cant land Williamson. I like Norwell a lot but I think we can get someone close to his level of play for a fraction of the cost in the draft in round 2. I like the resign of Kennard and Cockrell, who played lights out down the stretch, but I dont see us cutting Apple, theres more dead money in cutting him than hes due to make this year. Maybe we can package him in a draft day trade to get out of that $4M+ he's due.

Id love to sign Dion Lewis, if we dont go RB in the draft, imo he's the most underrated RB in the league, can do it all.

Goners: Harris, Jerry, Marshall, possibly DRC if we can get a suitable replacement.

Let Pugh and Richburg walk......
      Last edited by infinite420; 02-03-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Cut Harris, Marshall, Jerry. Restructure Eli, DRC. Resign Kennard, Fluker, Cockrell. Sign Andrew Norwell, Nate Solder, Jerrick McKinnon, Kevin Minter, Alex Okafor, Michael Floyd.

Comment

JaWuan James RT - 26 years old, tape looks great and a need.
          Andrew Norwell G - if we don't break the cap, he would make it easier if one of the better guards ends up in the end of the first round
          Cameron Fleming OT - 26 year older as well, nice tape.

Don't see much in the way of premiere corners and being healthy, and honestly, would keep the trio we have in tact, and sign back Ross Cockrell if we can. Lemarcus Joyner could cost too much, but would look sweet next to Collins.

Kony Ealy if can be had for a reasonable contract - he could play an important rotation and role with the new Bettcher defense. I've always enjoyed watching him play.

As far as our free agents, Norwell replaces Pugh. I'd for sure send offers Flukers way....that size says Gettleman hog and he can move people and add some depth to an offensive line that has no linemen for any depth.

I would avoid any injury prone players, or those who miss a lot of games.

Linebacker is a huge need, especially now with Bettcher in the house. However, I'm looking at the draft more then free agency for this need. Kennard will be a nice player in his system, so I would try and keep him a Giant.

Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

free agent lineman listed by PFF rank.......... looks like some possible sleepers in there
            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...nsive-linemen/

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Not a big Kennard fan. I feel like he is the epitome of mediocre. Okay with him coming back at a bargain basement price, but if he is looking for real money, I would let him walk.
              Exactly!!

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                WR Dwayne Harris frees up 2.5
                OG John Jerry frees up 2.5
                WR Brandon Marshall frees up 5.2
                CB Eli Apple is negative 8.9 against the cap

Cutting these 4 players only frees up 1.3 million and adds 4 roster (3 starters ) to fill.

Not cost effective with Apple.

Without cutting Apple it creates 10.2 and 3 roster spots ( 2 starter). Can a starting OG a returner and a Number 2 receiver be obtained for less money?
                Iím not sure Apple will hurt against the cap because he was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. I believe his guaranteed money is voided now.

Comment

https://articles.nj.com/giants/index...his_giants.amp

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Iím not sure Apple will hurt against the cap because he was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. I believe his guaranteed money is voided now.
                    Is it? It would go through arbitration. Now while going through process. The Giants would have set a side close to 9 million in cap space that they can't spend. Arbitration could take upwards to a year. Well beyond the spending time for FA. What you are suggesting is hand cuffing 9 million dollars of the messily 22 million dollars in cap space whether the Giants are in the right or not.
                    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Is it? It would go through arbitration. Now while going through process. The Giants would have set a side close to 9 million in cap space that they can't spend. Arbitration could take upwards to a year. Well beyond the spending time for FA. What you are suggesting is hand cuffing 9 million dollars of the messily 22 million dollars in cap space whether the Giants are in the right or not.
                      The article I posted hinted at it. Iím not sure how that works, in the article it states that there could be language in his contract stating such. I saw another article saying the same thing. I wouldnít cut him though, Iíd give him another chance this year with the new staff. If he still does the same thing then I say move on.

Comment

The article I posted hinted at it. Iím not sure how that works, in the article it states that there could be language in his contract stating such. I saw another article saying the same thing. I wouldnít cut him though, Iíd give him another chance this year with the new staff. If he still does the same thing then I say move on.
                        I don't want to cut him , I don't see the logic in cutting a top 10 draft pick loose after his second season. The kid has some problems that need to be worked out. I believe he will get his act together this season.
                        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

I don't want to cut him , I don't see the logic in cutting a top 10 draft pick loose after his second season. The kid has some problems that need to be worked out. I believe he will get his act together this season.
                          I agree the guy went through a lot in his personal life in the past year. Iím not going to slam the guy, people handle personal issues differently.

Comment

I agree the guy went through a lot in his personal life in the past year. Iím not going to slam the guy, people handle personal issues differently.
                            I agree. I was one of the ones on the board that did not smell blood in the water. I was in his shoes with both of my parents at a young age , I know how taxing on ones mental and emotional stability. Tribulation makes one stronger. It did with me He will bounce back.

Comment

I agree. I was one of the ones on the board that did not smell blood in the water. I was in his shoes with both of my parents at a young age , I know how taxing on ones mental and emotional stability. Tribulation makes one stronger. It did with me He will bounce back.
                              I think we forget that these guys are human and just because they make significant money doesnít absolve them of personal turmoil. In fact, the money they make can enhance it. People coming out of the woodwork looking for handouts or being jealous that he was able to achieve success looking to bring him down.

Comment

I think we forget that these guys are human and just because they make significant money doesnít absolve them of personal turmoil. In fact, the money they make can enhance it. People coming out of the woodwork looking for handouts or being jealous that he was able to achieve success looking to bring him down.
                                That is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X