Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malcolm Butler says goodbye to Patriots | Here's the scenario where he is right for Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Malcolm Butler says goodbye to Patriots | Here's the scenario where he is right for Giants

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

    Excerpt: "Malcolm Butler is saying goodbye to the Patriots, hello to free agency and "trust me" to NFL general managers.

    Is New England-sounding Giants general manager Dave Gettleman listening?

    At first glance, it seems like Butler -- who posted a long message to social media Tuesday afternoon refuting allegations and speculation about why he mysteriously went from starter to not playing any defensive snaps in Super Bowl LII -- is not a match for the Giants.

    The Giants have two veteran All-Pro cornerbacks (Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Janoris Jenkins) and a 2016 first-round pick (Eli Apple) under contract. Free agent Ross Cockrell -- acquired for a seventh-round draft pick -- was the team's highest-rated cornerback in 2017.

    But there is a very real scenario in which Butler would be appealing to the Giants.

    Rodgers-Cromartie, Jenkins and Apple all were suspended for one game during the 2017 season. Though new coach Pat Shurmur is offering a clean slate, he said he has "zero tolerance" for a lack of respect or effort." Read more...


    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Apple for Butler !!! Please !!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd take Malcolm Butler over any DB we now have on our roster.
      #80

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
        I'd take Malcolm Butler over any DB we now have on our roster.
        Over Jenkins?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

          Over Jenkins?
          Its close but I'd take Malcolm Butler over Janoris Jenkins.
          #80

          Comment


          • #6
            We don't need him but I think it is so unfair that people completely made up a story as to why he didn't play in the super bowl and made him looked liked the bad guy in all of it. He should sue anybody to tried to run with that BS story about him and "Weed" "Missing Curfew" and "Got Arrested". That is complete SLANDER and Defamation Of Character!

            I'm a fan though, good player I'm sure he will get the money he wants on the open market. Seems like a complete EGO DRIVEN Situation from Bellichek, I don't know if they wanted to prove that they could win without their best CB I don't know but it was a weird move.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

              Its close but I'd take Malcolm Butler over Janoris Jenkins.
              You're crazy. Belichick didn't even start Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl vs Seattle. Sure, he made the interception that won the game in that Super Bowl, but Belichick didn't even have him playing the snaps in that game either. "Butler played only 18 snaps on defense in Super Bowl XLIX, taking his first in the third quarter".

              It just shows you what he REALLY thinks about his talent level. If Belichick is the GOAT at coaching, does that mean that he can't evaluate the players he has on his own team?
              Last edited by compaqnigg; 02-07-2018, 03:27 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Butler is overrated, he's not that good. He made one play in the SB, which he didn't even start in either. Jenkins is way better.

                That said I'd take him over Apple.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                  You're crazy. Belichick didn't even start Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl vs Seattle. Sure, he made the interception that won the game in that Super Bowl, but Belichick didn't even have him playing the snaps in that game either. "Butler played only 18 snaps on defense in Super Bowl XLIX, taking his first in the third quarter".

                  It just shows you what he REALLY thinks about his talent level. If Belichick is the GOAT at coaching, does that mean that he can't evaluate the players he has on his own team?
                  Is Coach Belichek The Goat?

                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Id take him over Apple in a heartbeat.... Id take Jason Sehorn now over Apple
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

                      Its close but I'd take Malcolm Butler over Janoris Jenkins.
                      Hahahah that is a good one liner

                      He is at best an average corner.
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

                        Its close but I'd take Malcolm Butler over Janoris Jenkins.
                        No freaking way. JackRabbit is a top 5 corner in this league.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                          Butler is overrated, he's not that good. He made one play in the SB, which he didn't even start in either. Jenkins is way better.

                          That said I'd take him over Apple.
                          +1.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If anything, Patricia in Detroit may acquire him.
                            Is he a FA ?
                            I would not give up a draft pick, especially this year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So our locker room was a mess last year, with a lot of that attributed to the DB's, and we are going to bring in a guy that was benched for the Super Bowl?

                              Eh, no.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X