Free Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agent

I believe Nate Solder will be a free agent,should Gmen try to go after him?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

If the Giants have the $$, yes.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by giantcarll View Post
        I believe Nate Solder will be a free agent,should Gmen try to go after him?
        He sucks. He has tons of bad tape, just has the GOAT at QB so people think he’s good.

Comment

No only proven legitimate talent....

Comment

Rather spend the $$ on Norwell
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
              Rather spend the $$ on Norwell
              Agreeeed. Now that guy is actually good in his role. Fantastic even

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Agreeeed. Now that guy is actually good in his role. Fantastic even
                i just read an article from a carolina writer saying he is overrated, and he does not know how he got such good marks or something to such effect.... don't have the link, sorry.... his view was that carolina should dump him.... he also, correctly pointed out that there are many good guard options in this draft.... i personally know nothing about norwell other than what i read from you fellas on the board.... so what is the deal? is he that good or is he overrated?

Comment

Cordy Glenn will make 9 million this year, and is locked into 3 years. His production, with a successful foot surgery as a given, is better then an older Solder. Solder will command 15 million per....Glenn is being released or traded because they have a cheaper replacement and need cap space.

Cordy Glenn should be the go to guy in a trade, before he is released. Giants have Bill ties.

Norwell had 900 plus snaps. He is the only OG to not commit a single penalty of any kind with over 500 snaps. He's called the heart and sole on the line, and only gave up one sack. Watch the tape...his technique is flawless. That all said, any free agent has 32 potential suitors. Not all free agents are "get him", and bam, they are Giants. Cash is king, and this year is deep at OG/C come draft time....right around when the Bills draft with their 2 number one picks is usually when the interior top tier prospects begin to roll out into poicks.
                  Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i just read an article from a carolina writer saying he is overrated, and he does not know how he got such good marks or something to such effect.... don't have the link, sorry.... his view was that carolina should dump him.... he also, correctly pointed out that there are many good guard options in this draft.... i personally know nothing about norwell other than what i read from you fellas on the board.... so what is the deal? is he that good or is he overrated?
                    Most of these writers don’t even break down film in their “analysis”Can you post the link? Legit curious.

To answer your question he’s a top 5 OG in the league and arguably a top 3 pass protector who is young with no injury concerns. He’s worth the $, especially if we’re starting Eli who is really unable to make throws when not on a static platform.

also, the writer is correct in that the OG position is deep in the draft, however, why spend draft capital on a projection if you have the cap room to sign a sure thing? That would be my question.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Most of these writers don’t even break down film in their “analysis”Can you post the link? Legit curious.

To answer your question he’s a top 5 OG in the league and arguably a top 3 pass protector who is young with no injury concerns. He’s worth the $, especially if we’re starting Eli who is really unable to make throws when not on a static platform.

also, the writer is correct in that the OG position is deep in the draft, however, why spend draft capital on a projection if you have the cap room to sign a sure thing? That would be my question.
                      16. CAROLINA PANTHERS (11–5)

FIRST-ROUND DRAFT PICK: 24

PRIMARY NEED: OFFENSIVE LINE

It’s a myster how left guard Andrew Norwell—sturdy but by no means spectacular—earned first-team All-Pro. (No one on this line was All-Pro-worthy; that’s partly why the Panthers’ backs rushed for the second-fewest yards in the NFL.) This perplexing nod might beef up Norwell’s market value, and his franchise-tag number is already inflated by the NFL’s asinine practice of lumping all linemen into the same pricing category. Re-signing him could be tough, and while he’s the only 2018 free agent on this line, right tackle Daryl Williams will be up in ’19, as will center Ryan Kalil. Carolina must replenish its depth up front.
                      https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/09/nf...018-team-needs

http://www.panthers.com/news/grill-b...9-e3ad0caf4df4
                      "I don't see them tagging either.

The problem with tagging guards is they don’t have a separate delineation. All offensive linemen are combined into one group, so higher-paid tackles raise this number significantly. In 2017, the cost to tag an offensive lineman was $14.3 million. It’ll likely be even higher this season, and I can’t see the Panthers keeping Norwell around for one year at that cost."

forgive me.. perhpas i misquoted or read too much into or misread what i read............ those were what i was referring to^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                        16. CAROLINA PANTHERS (11–5)

FIRST-ROUND DRAFT PICK: 24

PRIMARY NEED: OFFENSIVE LINE

It’s a myster how left guard Andrew Norwell—sturdy but by no means spectacular—earned first-team All-Pro. (No one on this line was All-Pro-worthy; that’s partly why the Panthers’ backs rushed for the second-fewest yards in the NFL.) This perplexing nod might beef up Norwell’s market value, and his franchise-tag number is already inflated by the NFL’s asinine practice of lumping all linemen into the same pricing category. Re-signing him could be tough, and while he’s the only 2018 free agent on this line, right tackle Daryl Williams will be up in ’19, as will center Ryan Kalil. Carolina must replenish its depth up front.
                        https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/09/nf...018-team-needs

http://www.panthers.com/news/grill-b...9-e3ad0caf4df4
                        "I don't see them tagging either.

The problem with tagging guards is they don’t have a separate delineation. All offensive linemen are combined into one group, so higher-paid tackles raise this number significantly. In 2017, the cost to tag an offensive lineman was $14.3 million. It’ll likely be even higher this season, and I can’t see the Panthers keeping Norwell around for one year at that cost."

forgive me.. perhpas i misquoted or read too much into or misread what i read............ those were what i was referring to^^^^
                        He’s absolutely correct in the fact that the OL delineation is annoying for teams. They should probably change that in their next CBA negotiations IMO.

but pinning the LGs play as the reason for a lack of an overall running game shows how little this guy understands OL play in general. Kind of what I assumed, he hasn’t watched any tape but is looking at macro team numbers to fit a certain perspective. That’s about the only way you can knock Norwells play, really. It’s weak IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X